CO - Woman's decomposing body found in apartment TEN DAYS after she died . . .

Joe Friday

Getting the Facts
Reaction score
Woman's decomposing body found in bloodied apartment TEN DAYS after she died . . . with her dog and husband sitting nearby

The decomposing maggot-ridden body of a dead woman has been found at her Denver home.

Police officers made the grisly discovery on October 1 after being called to 32-year-old Michaela Beth Ford's apartment by neighbours complaining of a foul smell.

Her corpse lay on the couch, guarded by her Great Dane, Lola, her apparently drunken husband sitting nearby.

Asked how long she had been dead for, husband Steven Ford told officers: 'She's not dead, she's fine,' despite her being in an obvious state of decomposition.

Read more at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...partment-TEN-DAYS-died.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

YIKES!! what kind of alcohol was he drinking!?!? Rubbing???

How utterly sad. And thr maintence manager saw a blood spattered wall in the house and tells the husband to clean it...instead of reporting it? Really? If I see spatter on my tenent's wall I'm calling police....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It is not clear what caused the woman's death and her huband has not been charged with anything.

???? Seriously?????

New Details From Family Members

Family members say they have no idea what happened in the apartment on South Birch Street, but did say they don't believe Steven is responsible for Michaela's death.

"Steven has some issues," said his brother, Eldon Ford. "He was in a bad car accident in January (2011) and suffered a serious brain injury."

Eldon said the accident left Steven susceptible to seizures.

According to the Hutchinson News, Steven Ford was traveling southbound on U.S. 61 near Pratt, Kansas when his pickup truck went off the road. He overcorrected. The pickup rolled and Ford was ejected.

Eldon Ford said Steven spent two months in a hospital and then two months recuperating at their mother's house.

He said Steven then decided he needed to get back to Colorado.

"He's got some issues," Eldon said. "Steve's been unemployed for years. We tried to get ahold of him in late September, but he wouldn't answer the phone."

Eldon said they got a phone call in early October from an investigator who said that Steven was being held by authorities.

"I decided to call Denver Health," Eldon said. "I was told he was there, but they couldn't discuss it because he was in custody."

Eldon said he was told that preliminary autopsy results didn't show a link between Michaela's death and anything Steven did.

"She had pancreatitis," Eldon said. "And both she and Steven drank."

He said he suspects that Michaela died from that and that "Steven freaked out."

The Denver Coroner's Office said they're still awaiting the toxicology report to determine the cause of death.

Denver police say they're awaiting the Coroner's report before deciding their next move.

Eldon said that Steven was arrested the day the body was found and was taken to Denver Health.

"He was released to a rehab center, but had another seizure this morning," Eldon said. "So he was taken back to Denver Health."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...n-denver-apartment-husband-dog-sitting-nearby

New Details From Family Members

Family members say they have no idea what happened in the apartment on South Birch Street, but did say they don't believe Steven is responsible for Michaela's death.

"Steven has some issues," said his brother, Eldon Ford. "He was in a bad car accident in January (2011) and suffered a serious brain injury."

Eldon said the accident left Steven susceptible to seizures.

According to the Hutchinson News, Steven Ford was traveling southbound on U.S. 61 near Pratt, Kansas when his pickup truck went off the road. He overcorrected. The pickup rolled and Ford was ejected.

Eldon Ford said Steven spent two months in a hospital and then two months recuperating at their mother's house.

He said Steven then decided he needed to get back to Colorado.

"He's got some issues," Eldon said. "Steve's been unemployed for years. We tried to get ahold of him in late September, but he wouldn't answer the phone."

Eldon said they got a phone call in early October from an investigator who said that Steven was being held by authorities.

"I decided to call Denver Health," Eldon said. "I was told he was there, but they couldn't discuss it because he was in custody."

Eldon said he was told that preliminary autopsy results didn't show a link between Michaela's death and anything Steven did.

"She had pancreatitis," Eldon said. "And both she and Steven drank."

He said he suspects that Michaela died from that and that "Steven freaked out."

The Denver Coroner's Office said they're still awaiting the toxicology report to determine the cause of death.

Denver police say they're awaiting the Coroner's report before deciding their next move.

Eldon said that Steven was arrested the day the body was found and was taken to Denver Health.

"He was released to a rehab center, but had another seizure this morning," Eldon said. "So he was taken back to Denver Health."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...n-denver-apartment-husband-dog-sitting-nearby

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that death by natural causes (pancreatitis/alcoholism) would result in blood spattered about the walls. Unless of course the blood didn't belong to the deceased?

Very odd story.

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that death by natural causes (pancreatitis/alcoholism) would result in blood spattered about the walls. Unless of course the blood didn't belong to the deceased?

Very odd story.

If you are referring to the blood splatter in the hallway that the maintenance man asked Mr. Ford to clean up that incident according to the affidavit happened back in June.

In the affidavit there was only dried blood observed on the floor. No mention of blood splatter on the walls.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back