Cold Case Sticky

Mountain_Kat

Heca Firimar !
Reaction score
Just wanted to draw everyone's attention to Tricia's sticky about some of the cold cases where WSers could be of help. Rather than spend alot of time on LISK going round and round about facts we've already gathered, perhaps a few of you might consider lending a hand on other cases, while the LISK case is at a stand still?

Just wanted to draw everyone's attention to Tricia's sticky about some of the cold cases where WSers could be of help. Rather than spend alot of time on LISK going round and round about facts we've already gathered, perhaps a few of you might consider lending a hand on other cases, while the LISK case is at a stand still?

I have been considering retirement from this forum but your idea sounds like a better alternative. Any suggestions on a good case to take a crack at?

A few months ago I decided to stick my nose into the WS unidentified and missing persons threads and now I'm slightly addicted. I do a little research every day on one case or another. When I realized the approximate number of missing people (in the US alone) well... I was shocked. Also, reading about the unidentified bodies... it's very sad. I'm still very new at making attempts to match UIDs and MPs but I think ANY and ALL help is sorely needed. One case I've looked into, the UID has distinct scars and other identifiers... I chose the case because there were specifics I could look for... but... there's a lot of info to dig out, weed through, speculate on, and compare.

I know your question was for MK but I wanted to say... I think you have some mighty useful research skills, SS. Please give it a try :)

Jennings 8--if you think there is some weird stuff happening in LISK with stuff, witnesses, le, etc., then you should check this case out--yikessss!!!--mind boggling--I know PB peeked at it, and had some thoughts, such as a fringe non-preferential profile---

Jennings 8--if you think there is some weird stuff happening in LISK with stuff, witnesses, le, etc., then you should check this case out--yikessss!!!--mind boggling--I know PB peeked at it, and had some thoughts, such as a fringe non-preferential profile---

and if LI seems out of control with Rifkin, Shulman, and lisk-manorville, Louisiana has had 4 confirmed and probably another 2 or 3 in less than 10 years, including this guy with a few eerie things(PHONE collector) in play:

http://psychowatcher.wordpress.com/2011/08/27/kylan-laurent-louisiana-serial-killer/

CriminalMinds thank you for the tip on the Jennings 8. I was thinking about taking a chill from this thread. Only because I'm so stuck. So, on a mission to get away from the disscussion at hand, I have succeeded in finding myself "plop" in the middle of a case that smacks of the one that I was trying to get away from for awhile.

Do "they" (Serial killers) all smack of the same or do I really see sililarities here?

CriminalMinds thank you for the tip on the Jennings 8. I was thinking about taking a chill from this thread. Only because I'm so stuck. So, on a mission to get away from the disscussion at hand, I have succeeded in finding myself "plop" in the middle of a case that smacks of the one that I was trying to get away from for awhile.

Do "they" (Serial killers) all smack of the same or do I really see sililarities here?

Your welcome-Glad to see you over there--Been re-reading all of the threads myself(could use more of us here over there, IMO-Very good thinkers here, one and all---Pairs of outside eyes see the forest for the trees)---PB might have a field day over there--I go back and forth, although been away from J8 for awhile for the same reason, started to get stuck--it seems like J8 would be easier to solve with all the interlinkings and ties--Could be that is what has made it harder-Lots of odd things there-Odd,too, so many arrests, varying poi's (then ALL dropped) --Different type of investigating in the South, I guess---and yes to both, they smack of some of the same, but always some similarities in the cases to draw from, too--Funny, a lot of speculation on a possible le connection there, too-

Your welcome-Glad to see you over there--Been re-reading all of the threads myself(could use more of us here over there, IMO-Very good thinkers here, one and all---Pairs of outside eyes see the forest for the trees)---PB might have a field day over there--I go back and forth, although been away from J8 for awhile for the same reason, started to get stuck--it seems like J8 would be easier to solve with all the interlinkings and ties--Could be that is what has made it harder-Lots of odd things there-Odd,too, so many arrests, varying poi's (then ALL dropped) --Different type of investigating in the South, I guess---and yes to both, they smack of some of the same, but always some similarities in the cases to draw from, too--Funny, a lot of speculation on a possible le connection there, too-

WOW! I just finished reading through the threads over at J8. Talk about convoluted! ALOT to digest but thankfully not as many threads to read as there are here! I would love to see this forum come back to life it's been cold for a couple of months. They have some great minds over there! I would encourage everyone here to check it out.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=323"]Jennings, Louisiana - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Eh emmm!
Sorry I had something in my throat...
Well would you look at that.
I bumped the cold case sticky when I cleared my virtual throat ; )
Carry on.

WOW! I just finished reading through the threads over at J8. Talk about convoluted! ALOT to digest but thankfully not as many threads to read as there are here! I would love to see this forum come back to life it's been cold for a couple of months. They have some great minds over there! I would encourage everyone here to check it out.

Jennings, Louisiana - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

yes-whole lotta stuff goin' on---pretty good stuff they have started--shame it was dormant and lightly worked for awhile---i would say it needs a "women's touch"(you know who you are) in organizing like we have here such as timeline for individual vics, pois, etc..

yes-whole lotta stuff goin' on---pretty good stuff they have started--shame it was dormant and lightly worked for awhile---i would say it needs a "women's touch"(you know who you are) in organizing like we have here such as timeline for individual vics, pois, etc..

Yes Yes Yes that's exactly would we need over there!

I may take a look-see. ;)

J8, you say? Hmmm...I will have some free time after Christmas. Think I'll take a peek.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back