COLD podcast listeners?

Discussion in 'Susan Cox Powell' started by Occam's Zebra, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Occam's Zebra

Occam's Zebra Well-Known Member

I've listened to the first two episodes of COLD: The Susan Powell Case Files. Anyone else listening?

I didn't follow the Powell case when it was breaking, but listening to this podcast is giving me hives. It includes excerpts from Josh Powell's audio journal, as well as audio from videos his father (Steve Powell) made. Steve was obsessed with Susan and pledged his love for her at one point early on; he'd accidentally left his video camera on in the car, so the camera picked up his admission and her response.

It's incredibly creepy but I'm downloading a few more episodes.

2. nyvictoria

nyvictoria Well-Known Member

I just today posted something in the general thread about Cold. Loved the podcast, found it to be very well researched and put together.. I followed the case and still learned a lot from the podcast. I wish something would lead to finding Susan’s body so her family can have a little bit of peace. They’ve been thru hell!

BrownRice, Breathe, LietKynes and 2 others like this.
  3. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

It’s amazing

LietKynes likes this.
  4. LietKynes

LietKynes For Gannon

Wanted to add here that Dateline is doing a special on Susan.
    The DM claims there is some new evidence that will be revealed.
    Consider the source, so I didn't want to get our hopes up too much.
    Haven't listened to the podcasts yet but am planning to do so.

Breathe and Dontknow? like this.
  5. LietKynes

LietKynes For Gannon

If there's any recent evidence on the Dateline show I can post it here.
    If I miss something, feel free to post it here -- I think this is the right thread to post 'new' news ?

Dontknow? likes this.
  6. BuzzieCat

BuzzieCat Member

I remember hearing/seeing news reports about this case around the time Josh blew up himself and the children. I am in the middle of listening to this podcast, maybe on episode 14 or so. It gives so much information.

Frankly I am glad that Steve is dead since he was really a dangerous man.

The audio clips of Josh are just disgusting. Interesting in that they give a glimpse into his manipulative mind, but disgusting. Petty but he had such a whiny, nasal voice and obviously thought he was recording deep thoughts. Blech.

7. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

Steve was a deplorable reprobate without a doubt. I'm glad he did at least some prison time for his perverted activities. Susan must have been sickened by this fool.

BrownRice, jennyjenny and Dontknow? like this.
  8. fullofsecrets

fullofsecrets Member

I loved it-the recently posted episodes continue to be informative, respectful and really well done. I had the opposite reaction to the newer "Hide and Seek" podcast about Nancy Moyer :/
    Glad the podcast world is opening up conversations about cases that need attention!

9. MJPeony

MJPeony SF Bay Area

I was just looking into this podcast yesterday. I’m not super familiar with the Susan Smith case so I was thinking of listening to a quick overview podcast by True Crime all the Time (just over an hour).

Wondering if it’s worth getting the full overview first before heading into the hours and hours of Cold?

10. MJPeony

MJPeony SF Bay Area

I meant Susan Powell :rolleyes: But same question- worth listening to a short recap first or plow straight into the Cold podcast?

Dontknow? likes this.
  11. fullofsecrets

fullofsecrets Member

I think you can dive right in, he's thorough.

MJPeony likes this.
  12. NotVeryBright

NotVeryBright Active Member

I don't know. Subjective I guess, if that's the right word for this?. I didn't listen. But that's a personal thing as I cant handle that um yea format. I just read the transcripts. I guess it was ok though. If you came to this case late then yes, absolutely. For me, having followed intensely since the first report, I didn't find much new or idk, earth shattering? information. But yes, if your coming in newish to it then absolutely listen or read it. Worth it and will allow you to decide your own path to truth.... Ok bye now Lucky out

MJPeony and Dontknow? like this.
  13. BeepBeep1

BeepBeep1 Member