command center disbanded as leads slow down

I don't find this surprising. When parents are not cooperating with LE as far as interviews go is topped with parents saying they are getting things back to normal the investigation may have to be realigned. Leads are slowing down but I have faith in LE and them solving the case.

I wish I had just as much faith. I think this case is headed for the cold case files like so many others.

It actually stood out to me more because the lawyer said it, they're usually weigh their words so carefully and consider how it sounds.

Imo, the parents trust these attorneys to be their spokespersons to the media. These attorneys are therefore speaking on behalf of their clients.

JMO, but the statements of "things getting better" and "getting back to 100% of their normal lives" is shocking. In every case that I've followed where a person was truly abducted, the families consistently say that life will never be normal or the same again. Of course, they have to get by and keep going, especially if they have other children. Still, these statements coming 1 month after their infant reportedly was abducted just don't sit right with me. That's JMO.

I believe that the statements on behalf of the parents may in part have been inspired by the emergency custody motion filed by Ms. Raim. Debbi had previously said she did not want to live in the omen house again (though Jeremy said he did). Right after the motion was filed, the parents moved back in and these statements were issued to the media by Mr. Picerno. Perhaps an attempt to show that the remaining children are back in a permanent residence and being raised in normalcy? Even that makes me think, "but what about Lisa?".

All JMO and I understand and respect opposing perspectives. I just personally don't get it.

the command post is closing, it would appear based on the articles, because they need to re align their resources which happens in any prolonged investigation.

I think it has zero to do with the parents or their lawyers, or what LE has accomplished in the case so far (which we do not know much of)

I think it is a normal course of action considering

:twocents:

Yes that's what they always say. Realign their resources. 5 -10 - 15 years down the line, still unsolved unless they get a lucky break.

Imo, the parents trust these attorneys to be their spokespersons to the media. These attorneys are therefore speaking on behalf of their clients.

JMO, but the statements of "things getting better" and "getting back to 100% of their normal lives" is shocking. In every case that I've followed where a person was truly abducted, the families consistently say that life will never be normal or the same again. Of course, they have to get by and keep going, especially if they have other children. Still, these statements coming 1 month after their infant reportedly was abducted just don't sit right with me. That's JMO.

I believe that the statements on behalf of the parents may in part have been inspired by the emergency custody motion filed by Ms. Raim. Debbi had previously said she did not want to live in the omen house again (though Jeremy said he did). Right after the motion was filed, the parents moved back in and these statements were issued to the media by Mr. Picerno. Perhaps an attempt to show that the remaining children are back in a permanent residence and being raised in normalcy? Even that makes me think, "but what about Lisa?".

All JMO and I understand and respect opposing perspectives. I just personally don't get it.

I understand the focus should be on BL, but I think those boys are getting put aside when talking about 'the bigger picture'. Perhaps you are correct that the statement was made more for the boys sake than anything else.

Top it off with Jersey's next court date being 4/9/12, jury trial, things are going to get real quiet. I am glad they said the FBI would still be working on it though.

(I'll continue to check the dockets, jail bookings though lol)

This very sad news. I am afraid that this case is going off the radar. If I was DB/JI I would take this as a sign that they need to sit down with LE again.

Even though we appear to have different perspectives on this case, I agree with you on all counts in this post. Although I think you are right about the reason the statement about things getting back to normal was made, I too find it jarring.

I do believe that trying to normalize the living situation as much as possible is ultimately good for the boys, but things will never be '100% back to normal' as long as Lisa is missing and her fate unknown. I don't personally care for any of the lawyers representing the parents--I think CS was the best of the bunch and of course she's gone.

I am just very sad today to see this case seeming to go cold.

LE knows who caused Lisa to disappear. Laci Peterson's command center was shut down ----the right person was eventually charged and arrested. The same will happen here. imo

I like that optimism, stephen40. I feel the same way.

This is when the devastated parents should DEMAND that police stay hot on this case, right?

This is when the devastated parents should DEMAND that police stay hot on this case, right?

Is there anything to suggest that LE is not hot on the case? They still have a number of investigators assigned.

Is there anything to suggest that LE is not hot on the case? They still have a number of investigators assigned.

Moving investigators to other cases, however you want to word it.

This very sad news. I am afraid that this case is going off the radar. If I was DB/JI I would take this as a sign that they need to sit down with LE again.

And if they weren't guilty, then WHY OH WHY are they not going straight down to that police station and demanding that they find their child? Or answering the questions that LE wants to ask them separately. Sorry, but I see nothing but guilt from these parents. IMO

It makes me so mad that someone can do away with their child and once again, another cold case with no arrests.

A core of seven or eight detectives will remain assigned to the baby Lisa case, police said, but the detectives now also will take on other cases from their respective units. FBI agents also will continue to work with police at the same level as before, police said.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure not every missing persons case gets that kind of attention from LE. Plus add in the FBI.

And if they weren't guilty, then WHY OH WHY are they not going straight down to that police station and demanding that they find their child? Or answering the questions that LE wants to ask them separately. Sorry, but I see nothing but guilt from these parents. IMO

It makes me so mad that someone can do away with their child and once again, another cold case with no arrests.

There is nothing stated that says they still aren't looking. How does 'shutting down a command post' equal 'we're done, find your own kid'?

And what makes me mad too is that parents who are responsible for the disappearance of their children seem to know that if they lawyer up right away and get through the first month, news stops, LE give up on questioning them, and things go back to somewhat normal.

It seems as though if you get through the first month, you almost get away with it. IMO

What I find sad is that there are so many people who have much better ideas than LE on how to go about solving cases such as these yet don't offer LE or the parents the benefit of their expertise.

I am not able to be in this forum as much as I would like but I want to say that I have noticed interest and fewer posts on the forum also. I think it is because there is nothing new to comment on or report. I think the same is true with LE. If they have exhausted tips, leads, etc. then it would seem foolish to continue to staff a full command center. As they stated they do have other cases and a full staff I would think is terribly expensive.

I hope something breaks in this case, and I hope it is solved but we have seen so many of these go cold. Just have to pray for divine intervention. jmo

Yes that's what they always say. Realign their resources. 5 -10 - 15 years down the line, still unsolved unless they get a lucky break.

Unfortunately, LE doesn't have a magic wand that solves cases, quite often catching a lucky break is exactly how a case gets solved. That isn't necessarily the fault of LE.

There isn't anything that I've seen that shows that LE hasn't followed tips, and exhausted all the leads that they've come across to try to find Lisa. Maybe with the exception of the parents no longer answering what they said they still needed answered.

JMHO

JMO, This seems to be exactly what the "Team" wanted.

Next big news will be either one or both (JI & DB) move on to new "fiance's/bf/gf." Best bet, 6-9 months before they split up for good. Maybe then there will be a break in this case. All MY OPINION/GUESS/BET/Hypothesis

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back