command center disbanded as leads slow down

I am sad even if I know this is a normal move at this point and doesn't necessarily mean the case won't be solved. Unless they are close to making an arrest and have very solid evidence it does seem like this case will stall for now unless they get lucky. I bet Lisa's parents are at LE literally every day beating down the doors begging for them to help find their child and helping out in EVERY way possible. Right?

That's not what's been reported. :waitasec: An amazing thought though.
bbm/mo

This very sad news. I am afraid that this case is going off the radar. If I was DB/JI I would take this as a sign that they need to sit down with LE again.

True, but the parents in this case are interested in protecting themselves rather than finding their daughter. I wouldn't be surprised a bit if the parents are heaving a sigh of relief that LE is moving on to other cases, so why would they go chasing after LE now to start the whole thing up again?

I applaud LE for going all out on this case for as long as they did. Lisa's own parents lost interest in her in just a few days.

I hope the surviving children are doing OK and that someone is watching out for them. I worry about them.

At this point, I don't think there is any reason to believe this is a cold case. I believe LE does not have enough evidence to arrest anybody, and they're doing what they have to in order to handle the other crimes that have occurred. And as an added bonus, it will make the guilty ones relax, let down their guards, think they are in the clear, maybe slip up and say something to somebody that will give LE enough of a lead to break it wide open. This could be the reason for the announcement.
I don't know if the parents are the guilty ones or not, but it's going to take a lot more than what they have on them right now to charge them with anything, IMO. Either they have to find the baby, or somebody is going to have to talk. Not just DB, but somebody who was there and saw something that night.
Anyhow, it seems to me that if DB was so drunk she passed out, wouldn't she have been too drunk to have done something to the baby? I've been drunk on wine before, not recently, but many years ago. I wouldn't have been able to cuss a cat, much less do any physical harm to anyone.

......Quote from Tx Lady.."Anyhow, it seems to me that if DB was so drunk she passed out, wouldn't she have been too drunk to have done something to the baby?"....

Many people function very well on alcohol, particularly alcoholics as their tolerance is high. During black-outs, they are functioning very well. I got the impression DB is no stranger to alcohol. I think there may be family history of addiction to it. Alcoholism addiction can be inherited.

It doesn't look like our Society wants to accept Circumstantial Evidence any longer, even though it is preferred and more reliable than eye witnesses. I am still furious as to what that #$# jury from Pinellas County did. I guess they wanted a video. Some expect nothing less.

This benefactor is going to be spending a lot of money. I still haven't figured out why. I can understand the reward but to finance all these attorneys? There must be a connection.

It doesn't look like our Society wants to accept Circumstantial Evidence any longer, even though it is preferred and more reliable than eye witnesses. I am still furious as to what that #$# jury from Pinellas County did. I guess they wanted a video. Some expect nothing less.

This benefactor is going to be spending a lot of money. I still haven't figured out why. I can understand the reward but to finance all these attorneys? There must be a connection.

This has nagged at me too. I feel like that any moment someone is going to jump out of the proverbial bush and holla "you've been punked".
If only this were true.......

BBM

Always pinning it down, Whisp. I feel that way too, why, why, why?? Does the benefactor have BL?

Initial reactions-

I don't think they would be pulling back if they had found any substantial evidence of the parents guilt. 17 hour search and countless other small searches, interrogations, talking to boys and everyone they know- and not enough evidence to even say as much as naming them a POI, even in subtler words?

Yet we compare them to CA. Even though we had many more indications of guilt from CA.

Then- if LE truly has a case going cold, they need to go ahead and finally hold a press conference about their findings. Either to clear pressure from parents, or to increase it. Like in Sky's case, they hold a press conference with more recent photos of JB- anything to get a few more tips in. Why stay mum on it if it's going cold anyway?

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me... it seems if they had a decent amount of evidence about ANYONE they would try and turn up the heat a little rather than just decrease staff. I don't know.

It seems that way. Circumstantial evidence IMHOO is too valuable to ignore.:waitasec: The Pinella's twelve made a Hallmark moment alright.
bbm/mo

......Quote from Tx Lady.."Anyhow, it seems to me that if DB was so drunk she passed out, wouldn't she have been too drunk to have done something to the baby?"....

Many people function very well on alcohol, particularly alcoholics as their tolerance is high. During black-outs, they are functioning very well. I got the impression DB is no stranger to alcohol. I think there may be family history of addiction to it. Alcoholism addiction can be inherited.

Well enough to look after her children? I agree. Ask my dad!

Initial reactions-

I don't think they would be pulling back if they had found any substantial evidence of the parents guilt. 17 hour search and countless other small searches, interrogations, talking to boys and everyone they know- and not enough evidence to even say as much as naming them a POI, even in subtler words?

Yet we compare them to CA. Even though we had many more indications of guilt from CA.

Then- if LE truly has a case going cold, they need to go ahead and finally hold a press conference about their findings. Either to clear pressure from parents, or to increase it. Like in Sky's case, they hold a press conference with more recent photos of JB- anything to get a few more tips in. Why stay mum on it if it's going cold anyway?

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me... it seems if they had a decent amount of evidence about ANYONE they would try and turn up the heat a little rather than just decrease staff. I don't know.

I'm not convinced something happened after JI went to work. Something may have happened between the party on Sunday and when LE was called.

If that's the case,the parents had plenty of time to cover their tracks making it difficult to retrieve much evidence.
The lies Caylee's mother and Sky's mother told were easy to prove. The Sawgrass apartment was empty and the gas tank wasn't. Both mothers committed obvious neglect based on their stories.
We don't have have as much of that in this case .Whoever is responsible for the disappearance did a good job covering their tracks. JMO

I'm not convinced something happened after JI went to work. Something may have happened between the party on Sunday and when LE was called.

If that's the case,the parents had plenty of time to cover their tracks making it difficult to retrieve much evidence.
The lies Caylee's mother and Sky's mother told were easy to prove. The Sawgrass apartment was empty and the gas tank wasn't. Both mothers committed obvious neglect based on their stories.
We don't have have as much of that in this case .Whoever is responsible for the disappearance did a good job covering their tracks. JMO

I can't imagine that. I can't even remotely get into my mind that they carried on throughout their day and evening with two other children in the house and neighbours around...and not even that, but went to work? shopping? etc... Just carried on?

If that was the case, wouldn't we have had a public outcry from LE as for witnesses to come forward if they had seen Lisa after a certain time as in other missing kid cases where the last known time to be seen is fuzzy? We have not in this case so I am comfortable that verifiable sightings were made. There has been no sign from LE that she was not seen that very evening AFTER JI went to work IMO.

BBM

Always pinning it down, Whisp. I feel that way too, why, why, why?? Does the benefactor have BL?

Maybe the benefactor is actually ABC,NBC or CBS ?

There is no reason to complicate things. This isn't some wild X-Files conspiracy. The reason the police cannot bring charges is not because Deborah didn't murder her kid, nor is it because the police have no evidence, it's because there's no BODY. Deborah followed the Casey Anthony playbook:

1. Murder your baby
2. Hide the corpse
3. Cry
4. Profit!

My opinion only of course.

There is no reason to complicate things. This isn't some wild X-Files conspiracy. The reason the police cannot bring charges is not because Deborah didn't murder her kid, nor is it because the police have no evidence, it's because there's no BODY. Deborah followed the Casey Anthony playbook:

1. Murder your baby
2. Hide the corpse
3. Cry
4. Profit!

You may be right Chris. IDK. So many possibiities, imo.

I don't remember Casey Anthony ever crying to the media though (which, btw, means nothing to me in terms of guilt or innocence).

Deborah Bradley is highly suspicious to me, based on the known facts and the parents' actions (and lack thereof) thus far. But, I'm not not sure whoever is responsible for sweet Lisa's disappearance is following the Anthony playbook; I think that remains to be seen.

I am, however, quite curious about the female benefactor who put up the reward and is funding Mr. Stanton. She does appear to have a connection to DB's cousin and I'm curious about her motives. JMO...

1. Murder your baby
2. Hide the corpse
3. Cry
4. Profit!

X-Files conspiracy? Where did that come from?

I can't imagine that. I can't even remotely get into my mind that they carried on throughout their day and evening with two other children in the house and neighbours around...and not even that, but went to work? shopping? etc... Just carried on?

That's what the parents are doing now. Lisa's been missing 7 weeks and the parents moved back into their home only a few days ago.
bbm/IMHOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back