command center disbanded as leads slow down

I am watching a live interview with Joe Tacopino on Fox News morning show. He just made a statement to Gretchen about police following up on tips, saying that his office recieves about 50 leads a day and they forward them to police. He said " We try to filter them but that's kinda hard".

Really, Joe? I'm not surprised that you try to "filter them", before forwarding them to LE but you might want to watch what you say on national TV. Filtering leads before forwarding them to police is tampering with evidence, isn't it?

I don't have a link for this yet, as it was a live interview. I am absolutely positive of what I heard him say!

Now we have the command center shutting down for lack of leads. Interesting.

Based on reading the MSM threads, I'm pretty sure NBC and CBS haven't reported on this case in weeks. But I doubt any media outlet is paying for the lawyers because:

A.) There has never been a case in the past where the networks paid for the families' lawyers so I don't know why this case would start something like that.

B.) If this case goes to trial, it will be about 2-3 years before that happens, so are they going to pay for the lawyers for years?

I don't see anything out of the ordinary about the media coverage of this case to make me think the media is setting some major precedents with it. From what I've seen, the national coverage has been decreasing......

The woman paying for the attorneys and reward has been identified by several sources. I don't think it's a mystery.

I am watching a live interview with Joe Tacopino[/B] on Fox News morning show. He just made a statement to Gretchen about police following up on tips, saying that his office recieves about 50 leads a day and they forward them to police. He said" We try to filter them but that's kinda hard.

Really, Joe? I'm not surprised that you try to "filter them", before forwarding them to LE but you might want to watch what you say on national TV. Filtering leads before forwarding them to police is tampering with evidence, isn't it?

I don't have a link for this yet, as it was a live interview. I am absolutely positive of what I heard him say!

What might they "filter" ?
"Lisa was abducted by aliens".
"Lisa was taken to be a virgin sacrifice at a temple by the Aztecs".
"Lisa is alive and living in a secret basement room in her parents house". (ALL JUST EXAMPLES)

Why might they "filter" ?
To help LE by weeding out the crazies. I Imagine that LE has to log all leads, no matter how crazy. If the defense team doesn't send them on, they are doing LE a favor.

How is this tampering with "evidence"?
Got me there. :waitasec: It's not only not "evidence", but I doubt that the lawyers have ANY obligation to pass on leads to LE. They are only obligated to pass on interviews, and only if it is a trial and they plan to use the person as a witness.

I am watching a live interview with Joe Tacopino on Fox News morning show. He just made a statement to Gretchen about police following up on tips, saying that his office recieves about 50 leads a day and they forward them to police. He said " We try to filter them but that's kinda hard".

no, it wouldn't legally be considered tampering but it makes you wonder why a defense atty would take it unto himself or his staff to filter leads instead of allowing LE to see them all. Perhaps a false or silly lead comes from a suspect person or a known offender? how would the wise Mr Tacopino known what to look for? I can't imagine anyone would see it to be a good idea to have the defense atty for the parents of a missing child, the parents who are not cooperating with LE, to decide for himself what may or may not be important enough for LE or the FBI to see. I myself, if I were him or his clients, want LE to do the filtering.

I don't understand why the defense team is being put in that position anyways, why are they the ones getting tips? I am sure any tip they are getting is one that favors the defense anyways, if I had evidence against DB I would take it to LE not her defense team......I also don't think a high profile defense team would tamper with evidence, they wouldn't risk their careers over one case. This isn't a make it or break it case for them, they all will have to find jobs after this case so I doubt they would risk it.

Sad, very sad......so soon and it just seems everyone is giving up and as time goes by, are certain people thinking Lisa's missing case will just go away?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back