Common Ground

If Damien studied Satanism for instance, or even chose to 'dabble' I don't see what relevance it had to the crime itself, once a group of adults pinpoints anything as 'taboo' it's almost like placing a neon sign above it inviting rebellious teens to participate.

ETA: I even sent Damien a book on Tarot while he was on Death Row .. I thought, hey he may as well read something good :)

Since it's a matter of dispute, I created a new thread regarding the matter of [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9571353#post9571353"]Echols' occult motives[/ame].

Another point on which I think we can all agree is that Jason would not have been found guilty had he not been tried with Damien.

He also had some consulting experience elsewhere. I don't remember the details off hand but recall it being discussed while he was on the stand.

I think he took a week or two vacation in LA or San Francisco or somewhere in California. Of course, my parents spent a couple weeks ride along with the local PD but I'd hardly say that gives them the training to be an expert in any LE related.

Shame we can't all agree to avoid acting like lawyers digging for ammunition, and rather agree to focus on dispassionate analysis of the facts.

Not sure if that was directed to me or not so I'll pass. There is no digging for ammunition. It is what it is. It's a mail order diploma and a dispassionate analysis of the facts will tell you that it was a mail order diploma.

Speaking of which, I was attempting with my previous posts to do exactly what you said but you didn't respond to those. Is that because you agree or is it because you know once I get through each and every witness called in the case against Jessie, you know there will be very little that actually points to any one person having committed the murders as opposed to anyone else?

I agree that Griffis came off like a clown in much of his testimony. However, I contend that the prosecution would've been remiss not someone on the stand to testify regarding occult related crimes, and can't rightly say if they had a better option than Griffis available to them for that.

I suppose you are right, given the occult/satanic concerns going on in the community during that time. In that atmosphere, if you could put those kind of issues in front of a jury, it certainly increases your chances of winning whether it's true or not. I would suggest, if they had a better option than Griffis, they would have (or at least should have) used that option.

Can we agree to stop pushing arguments in this Common Ground thread, but rather create new threads for issues we'd like to debate?

Can we agree to stop pushing arguments in this Common Ground thread, but rather create new threads for issues we'd like to debate?

I wasn't pushing any arguments when I asked my questions about the witnesses I had gone through so far. I was trying to see if we can find a common ground and agree as to what they offered at trial, particularly with a view towards whether their testimony tended to point to any one or more person(s) as opposed to anyone else. Since I haven't heard anyone say they disagree with those questions I asked, I will take it there is common ground as to those witnesses as I set forth.

In the trial against Jessie, can we agree that Mike Allen's first go around at giving testimony primarily addressed the search and ultimate locating of the 3 boys? Can we also agree that his testimony on this occasion did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that Bryn Ridge's first go around of giving testimony concerned the search and ultimate locating of the 3 boys? Can we also agree that his testimony on this occasion did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that Shane Griffin's testimony primarily search for and ultimate locating of the 3 boys and especially their bikes? Can we also agree that his testimony did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

is it because you know once I get through each and every witness called in the case against Jessie, you know there will be very little that actually points to any one person having committed the murders as opposed to anyone else?
No, but feel free to make a thread about Misskelkey's trial and I'll be happy to discuss it there, regardless of how tangential it is to matter of primary importance which is the facts of the murders themselves.

No, but feel free to make a thread about Misskelkey's trial and I'll be happy to discuss it there, regardless of how tangential it is to matter of primary importance which is the facts of the murders themselves.

I might do that some day so I can stop hearing about a comprehensive review of all the evidence. In the meantime, what I am doing is, in fact, comprehensively going through all of the evidence to see what common ground can be found(as the thread suggests) regarding the evidence that was actually presented to the jury. So do I take it there is no disagreement again regarding the witnesses that finished up Day 1 of the trial? Admittedly, the first day of the trial was more setting up the case for things to come and getting some background information out of the way.

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that Frank Peretti's testimony primarily centered around his findings from the autopsies he performed on the 3 boys? Can we also agree that his testimony did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that Mike Allen's second go around giving testimony centered on picking up Jessie and bringing him in for questioning on June 3rd? Can we also agree that his testimony on this occasion did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that Mike Allen's second go around giving testimony centered on picking up Jessie and bringing him in for questioning on June 3rd? Can we also agree that his testimony on this occasion did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

So I take it that up through Mike Allen's second go around giving testimony, we can agree that there has been no testimony that tended to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else?

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that Bill Durham's testimony centered on his one hour spent questioning Jessie and that Jessie continued to deny any involvement in the murders during that questioning? Can we also agree that his testimony on this occasion did not tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else.

In the trial against Jesse, can we agree that on Bryn Ridge's next go around, his testimony centered on his questioning of Jessie prior to the taped confession? Can we also agree that this mainly concerned questions about cult activities and 3 telephone calls Jessie stated he had with Jason and ultimately with Gitchell advising Ridge that Jessie admitted to involvment? Can we also agree that his testimony on this occasion did tend to point to any one or more person(s) as having committed the murders anymore than anyone else.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back