Communities support cheerleader who has a brain tumor

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by mikkismom, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

Cardington supports cheerleader with brain tumor

http://www.marionstar.com/article/2...-tumor?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|FRONTPAGE

I am proud to say that this is my community!

Support is coming from all over the world through a 'Support for Court' facebook event. Many in surrounding communities and counties wore purple today.

When people wonder why others want to live in a small community, where 'everyone know your business', this is why! So many prayers going up for her!

2. Loading...

3. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

Sorry to reply to my own post...this is going viral... She is out of surgery and in the ICU. This girl lives in a town of 2000 people and already has 6500+ supporters from all over the world!

Another of our young people, a man named Brian, was at the same football game (Homecoming) that Courtney was cheering at Friday night. Unfortunately, he died Saturday (totally different situation, but sudden.)

We didn't have a chance to pray for Brian - but we do have time to pray for Courtney! Our local news anchors (Columbus) were in purple today. One little girl couldn't find her friend at school because everyone was wearing purple!

This is the impact that people who care can have on others' lives.

https://www.facebook.com/events/457335807660738/

4. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

So sad about Brian who lost his life.
    So young.
    Let's hope for a full recovery from her brain tumor.

5. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

6. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

Having lost my mother to a brain tumor at a young age, this just warmed my heart! It sounds like you live in a very supportive community mikkismom! I will definitely be adding my prayers & support of Courtney on the FB page!

I am so sad to hear that another young person in your community passed though. :(