Confirmed: JFK Jr was about to divorce wife

AlwaysShocked

Reaction score
This week's Enquirer confirms the story that has been hinted at very strongly over the 10 years (!!) since the plane crash that took their lives.

The Enquirer quotes two sources "a close family friend" and "another Kennedy family insider" who both confirm that by the time of the fatal trip John had secretly seen an attorney regarding divorce and had "some crititcal divorce papers" with him. His intention was to discuss his divorce plans with his uncle Ted Kennedy.

The article goes on to recapitulate that the marriage had soured, that the couple was estranged, and that he had spent the night before his death at a hotel.

"Carolyn, 33, spent her final days snorting cocaine with gay fashion-industry friends, say sources.

John's wife had rekindled her romance with Calvin Klein model-turned-"Baywatch" actor Michael Bergin - and John had turned to old flames Sybil Hill and Julie Baker.

"Poor john's final moths were miserable," Kennedy's friend told the Enquirer. "Caroly had moved into the spare bedroom."

I have read several books written by friends of the couple (one was by his best man called, I think, "The way we were" and the other by the wife of his cousin Anthony Radziwill, who died of cancer a month after John's death) and both mentioned John's "disapproval of Carolyn's fashion-industry friends and her behaviors when hanging out with them" but each stopped short of stating that cocaine was a problem for Carolyn.

So sad, so sad. Makes me wonder why Carolyn had agreed to attend the family wedding that weekend? And wonder if perhpas JFK Jr. was planning to discuss divorce plans with Ted, then present Carolyn with an ultimatum?

Oh, I HATE what drug abuse does to families!! (And yes, it has ruined several marriages within my own family.)

So sad.

This makes me sad on so many levels. I feel we should let them rest in peace. I have to wonder what good can be achieved at this point by stuff like this. I mourned their deaths when the plane went down and now find myself mourning once again because of the turmoil the possibly existed prior to their demise. If I feel this way, I can not imagine how this adds salt to the wounds of those who knew and loved them. What, do people not understand the meaning of REST IN PEACE?

Well, it was well known that they were having problems. I imagine, like with any high profile family or star, even when a marriage is rocky, they attended things together to save face... to keep the facade of having a perfect marriage. :(

This makes me sad on so many levels. I feel we should let them rest in peace. I have to wonder what good can be achieved at this point by stuff like this. I mourned their deaths when the plane went down and now find myself mourning once again because of the turmoil the possibly existed prior to their demise. If I feel this way, I can not imagine how this adds salt to the wounds of those who knew and loved them. What, do people not understand the meaning of REST IN PEACE?

Dear TallCoolOne,

I put a thanks on your post. But that's not enough. I want to thank you a milloin times for your post.

This is not anthing against the original poster. She was very saddened by the circumstances.
I am sick to death of the constant bringing up dirt to the Kennnedys. Most of whom are dead. Most of whom have served our country. Every generation of the Kennedys ,if peopled looked or cared, are in there fighting for the poor and all people who don't have anywhere near the priveledge life they have.

Sure they have done bad things and have problems. But so do PLENTY of the hypocrites that preach " family values " and belong to groups like Promise Keepers then have affairs. But when they do it, it's mentioned maybe once then left alone. Or every excuse in the world is made for them.

People can have any opinion they want on the Kennedys , but so can I and I'm not holding back and afraid to post it this time.

I couldn't agree with you any more TCO. It seems our society relishes in exposing intimate details of someone else's lives that really isn't anyone's business anyway and the more painful it is then the more salt they pour in wounds.

What difference does it make if they were having problems in their marriage? Absolutely none and it does not make the tragic loss of their lives any less heart shattering.

Sometimes I just get so sick of the media. So many of them have become so mean spirited and unfeeling even having no respect for the dead.

imo

JFK Jr was the ONLY 'Kennedy' I liked (not including Maria Shriver!). I was so sad when he passed away.

I never liked his wife. This doesn't surprise me at all.

In the grand human/life sceme of things,this matters why? I promise, I'm trying to diss the thread, but these people died in a tragic accident. The confirmation from the Enquirer is just that. Confirmation from the Enquirer.

Let it rest. Gossip of the dead is so very easy. What can they ever do to defend themselves? Nothing....

This week's Enquirer confirms the story that has been hinted at very strongly over the 10 years (!!) since the plane crash that took their lives.

The Enquirer quotes two sources "a close family friend" and "another Kennedy family insider" who both confirm that by the time of the fatal trip John had secretly seen an attorney regarding divorce and had "some crititcal divorce papers" with him. His intention was to discuss his divorce plans with his uncle Ted Kennedy.

The article goes on to recapitulate that the marriage had soured, that the couple was estranged, and that he had spent the night before his death at a hotel.

"Carolyn, 33, spent her final days snorting cocaine with gay fashion-industry friends, say sources.

John's wife had rekindled her romance with Calvin Klein model-turned-"Baywatch" actor Michael Bergin - and John had turned to old flames Sybil Hill and Julie Baker.

"Poor john's final moths were miserable," Kennedy's friend told the Enquirer. "Caroly had moved into the spare bedroom."

I have read several books written by friends of the couple (one was by his best man called, I think, "The way we were" and the other by the wife of his cousin Anthony Radziwill, who died of cancer a month after John's death) and both mentioned John's "disapproval of Carolyn's fashion-industry friends and her behaviors when hanging out with them" but each stopped short of stating that cocaine was a problem for Carolyn.

So sad, so sad. Makes me wonder why Carolyn had agreed to attend the family wedding that weekend? And wonder if perhpas JFK Jr. was planning to discuss divorce plans with Ted, then present Carolyn with an ultimatum?

Oh, I HATE what drug abuse does to families!! (And yes, it has ruined several marriages within my own family.)

So sad.

I read that book too that was written by one of his cousins (?) friends (?). I thought it was well written.

It is sad what drug or alcohol use and/or abuse can do to families. If Carolyn did have a problem I think it shows us that there are no boundries to the suffering that drug/alcohol abuse does to the loved ones that must watch it.

I still wonder to myself what if, he was such a charming handsome young man and I do wonder what if....

I still enjoy to read about the Kennedy's whether or not is is pleasant information. I think it's because they aren't history to me. I'm getting up there in age KWIM?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm sure that today Caroline is missing her Father and her Brother and her Mother.

O/T always but did you read the book "the kennedy women" it's a good one.

Just my 2 cents worth but quite frankly, The Enquirer has made it's fortune off dead people, so it is lacking in respectability in my opinion. As far as the Kennedy family, They gave a lot to this country, more than most families, less than others but they did in fact give 2 Sons. JFK Jr and his wife's tragic accident and their lives before, who cares about their private life? They were young people, who marriage was still very young. FWIW, I loved Camelot and the idealism at that time ( read about it). Jaqueline Kennedy, beautiful woman. What she gave to this country is unthinkable. She carried herself with beauty and grace that has not be seen since in a First Lady. Because of Jaqueline Kennedy, Our White House, is, what it is today. It is because of her dedication to restoring the antiques and treasures of this nation that had been tossed into basements and attics like trash, that we have these artifacts now. She was harshly criticized at the time for this endeavor and used some of her own money to do so, but now, we, the American people have National Treasures to be proud of thanks to her. Above all else these people were a family with warts and all, just like the rest of us, only our imperfections and indescretions are not headlines. Shame on The NE. I wish people would quit buying that trash.

FWIW, Carolyn was NOT having an affair with Michael Bergin at the time of her death, they were NOT in contact with each other for at least 14 months before the accident. He said that yes, they did HAVE an affair while she was married to John, but that Michael ended it. Now, whether or not she was having an affair with someone else, I have no idea.

According to John's best friend Billy Noonan, there were problems in the marriage but John said things were better before the accident. And yes, John knew about her drug habit.

It is terribly sad that none of the Kennedys can rest in peace.

And there was also Carolyn's sister Lauren who lost her life as well. I really feel sorry for the Bessette family having to hear all of this garbage again and again. They didn't sign on for the public trashing of their daughter's memory just because she was married to John.

I do not know if the Enquirer is online - The article is in this week's issue.

O/T: Yes, I read "The Kennedy Women". Great read!

I couldn't agree with you any more TCO. It seems our society relishes in exposing intimate details of someone else's lives that really isn't anyone's business anyway and the more painful it is then the more salt they pour in wounds.

What difference does it make if they were having problems in their marriage? Absolutely none and it does not make the tragic loss of their lives any less heart shattering.

Sometimes I just get so sick of the media. So many of them have become so mean spirited and unfeeling even having no respect for the dead.

imo

Look, while I agree with you in principle, I clicked on this thread to read its contents. Guilty as charged- I am one of those who loves celeb news.

Dear TallCoolOne,

I put a thanks on your post. But that's not enough. I want to thank you a milloin times for your post.

This is not anthing against the original poster. She was very saddened by the circumstances.
I am sick to death of the constant bringing up dirt to the Kennnedys. Most of whom are dead. Most of whom have served our country. Every generation of the Kennedys ,if peopled looked or cared, are in there fighting for the poor and all people who don't have anywhere near the priveledge life they have.

Sure they have done bad things and have problems. But so do PLENTY of the hypocrites that preach " family values " and belong to groups like Promise Keepers then have affairs. But when they do it, it's mentioned maybe once then left alone. Or every excuse in the world is made for them.

People can have any opinion they want on the Kennedys , but so can I and I'm not holding back and afraid to post it this time.
I agree completely. (And don't get me wrong either, nothing at all against the original poster, really really). I realize they were only bringing to us the message and I don't believe in shooting the messenger because I don't like the message....

It just makes me so very sad on so many levels.

Sure, while they were alive and in the public eye, they were, in a sense, available as public fodder, but then again they were also able to defend themselves if necessary. Now they are not. I don't care what was going on in their 'private' lives, they died in a very tragic accident and it was a terrible loss of three beautiful young people.

I was, at the time of their plane crash, going through some difficult circumstances in my own life, and fighting to overcome depression. I will never forget watching this unfold on headline news for days, just bawling my eyes out, and I mean the whole entire time. And witnessing the release of their ashes at sea, oh my...... the pain of that family was surreal to me. One would have thought that I either knew them or was related, my pain so raw and deep. I'm ready to start crying all over again just at the memory.

I would hope that in death, unkind words would be held to oneself. It holds no purpose to speak ill of them now or to reveal things that in life one found unrepeatable. It serves no purpose and only reopens the wounds that their loved ones bear.

I dunno, perhaps I am of the old school of thought that one should have respect for the dead. Maybe I missed it when that went to the wayside right along with In God We Trust.

God-Bless those who loved them and cherish their memories.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back