Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of that too....the families that will go home without their children...bet many/most already have presents for their children to open in 11 days.......................

How do we help these families??????????????????? OMG

I'm not even sure we CAN help them...that is the saddest part of all...

So he's 24. Very possibly a father of a kindergartner.

My thought as well. I wonder if his kid was in the class he targeted. Was there an issue with the school- possibly allegations of abuse? I believe the school psychologist was one of the victims.

SHooter has a direct connect to the school. although at this time LE will not divulge what that connection is.

I am speechless. NO firm fatality number. sources....number closer than 30 mostly children.

As a local- as a teacher- as a mom ...this is hitting very close to home. ( literally 9 miles from where i am sitting.)

CT is hardcore- man. No one really sees how many urban issues we have- but I teach adults in a small college program in hartford. I could tell you stories that would break your heart, scare you, and make you sleep with one eye open. You would think our average small town- elementary students and teachers would be safe on a average Friday. But this is a wake up call. a big one.

Frightening to hear this.... I think I will tell my DD to home school my granddaughter.

confirmed: shooter's dead mother was a teacher at the school

Shooters mom is a teacher there who was also killed along with her students. per CBS.

Yes, and you can share them here. I'll double check with management, but I don't think it will be a problem.

ColdPizza took care of it the photos.

There's only one person with the same last name on his friends...an <modsnip> as his friend, I wonder of she's the one they found dead in her home?

Goodness, first the Bow & Arrow shooting at a Casper Wyoming college, (Father of shooter was a teacher) and now we have a shooting at an elementary school where the shooter's mother worked at the school.

FWIW from the Daily Mail. And one of the shooters parent found dead at home....

The shooter - believed to be 24-years-old from New Jersey - is confirmed dead and body still inside the school
A parent of the gunman was found dead at his home in New Jersey
Second gunman now in custody
One entire classroom is unaccounted for, sources said
One teacher said masked gunman started firing out shots from kindergarten classroom shortly after 9.30am
One student said there were bullets whizzing by him in the hallway
At least 100 rounds are believed to have been fired
Female principal and school psychologist believed to have been targeted

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hildren-Connecticut-school.html#ixzz2F3WrQvgR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

My thought as well. I wonder if his kid was in the class he targeted. Was there an issue with the school- possibly allegations of abuse? I believe the school psychologist was one of the victims.

They are saying went from classroom to classroom shooting so it appears he was shooting randomly. It does not appear that he cared who he shot. So, I don't know if this is specifically related to any child in the school? He is from New Jersey, so I do not think he would have attended this school? He was either a former/present employee or a parent if the reports of him having ties to the school are correct.

Fox News Reporting Shooter is Ryan Lanza

Lives in Hoboken New Jersey

Shooter is dead inside classroom.

House near the school a body was found. May be related to Lanza, possibly his mother.

Police have second person of interest in custody.

Per Fox News Live Channel.

I saw that? WTH

On his FB saying this can only turn out awesome...comment related to a change in his profile pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member