Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really sad how the parents of the children that died found out. Chase's parents found out when the governor made a speech about not wanting to answer questions from the families' of dead children. It is sad they all had to wait so long and then they didn't even find out directly.

SUGAR--Reading this and the little Pozner boy's horrifying wounds, as well as the other children whose parents needed photos to subdue their shock from viewing their children's wounds, makes anyone want to hate Lanza even more

Behind the beautiful home, no financial worries, the hi tech toys, all of his superior education, intelligence, freedom to lay around for years playing ridiculous mind numbing video games, Lanza was a spoiled brat coward, an evil demon, that's what he was

We can talk he had a disorder, illness, disease, whatever...they guy knew he was going to brutally kill his mother and everyone inside the Sandy Hook school building as soon as his mom came home from her New Hampshire trip...and to me he was a demon

Look at all the great human life stories of disabled people without the money, resources Lanza had, they did'nt sit around the house and whine, complain, play mind games with their parents...they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and made a positive life for themselves...

Well said. Adam Lanza was a rageful and vindictive person.

Reading all the stories of the families is so heartbreaking. I still can't imagine the pain that will continue for them.

Trinityzuzu, I noticed your are new to WS and also from CT.
Welcome to Websleuths.

Thanks TRINITY--- Here's an excerpt I thought was interesting about the damage to the school...Jesus, can anyone imagine visitors who might be walking up to the school getting shot from bullets flying through the windows? I read some cars in the parking lot got hit with bullets

So when police approached her and asked if she wanted to return to Sandy Hook School, Lewis agreed almost on the spot, even though she knew how much it was going to hurt.
"I went because Jesse lived that. He was there. I wanted to honor him and be at the place where he lost his life," explained Lewis, who went to the school with her family. "It was devastating, the destruction and damage. I've been going to that school for 12 years. The front doors and the side glass were completely blown out and gone and covered with plywood, but you knew what was under it.
"And then, the first two classrooms were completely gone. The windows were all blown out. The only other family who had been there was Miss Soto's family," Lewis said of Jesse's teacher, Victoria Soto. "So we took a piece of glass because there was glass scattered all over and we had a little ceremony. We said we're going to carry around a piece of glass and we're going to remember Jesse's bravery.

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/local/arti...im-finds-healing-in-4170243.php#ixzz2HEzveIFO

Reading all the stories of the families is so heartbreaking. I still can't imagine the pain that will continue for them.

Trinityzuzu, I noticed your are new to WS and also from CT.
Welcome to Websleuths.
Thank you. From Trumbull and have family in Newtown so this is a personal story for me. Just realized today reading the threads that a cousin's wife was interviewed as a survivor.

SUGAR--Reading this and the little Pozner boy's horrifying wounds, as well as the other children whose parents needed photos to subdue their shock from viewing their children's wounds, makes anyone want to hate Lanza even more

Behind the beautiful home, no financial worries, the hi tech toys, all of his superior education, intelligence, freedom to lay around for years playing ridiculous mind numbing video games, Lanza was a spoiled brat coward, an evil demon, that's what he was

We can talk he had a disorder, illness, disease, whatever...they guy knew he was going to brutally kill his mother and everyone inside the Sandy Hook school building as soon as his mom came home from her New Hampshire trip...and to me he was a demon

Look at all the great human life stories of disabled people without the money, resources Lanza had, they did'nt sit around the house and whine, complain, play mind games with their parents...they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and made a positive life for themselves...

Good post.

Thanks TRINITY--- Here's an excerpt I thought was interesting about the damage to the school...Jesus, can anyone imagine visitors who might be walking up to the school getting shot from bullets flying through the windows? I read some cars in the parking lot got hit with bullets

So when police approached her and asked if she wanted to return to Sandy Hook School, Lewis agreed almost on the spot, even though she knew how much it was going to hurt.

"I went because Jesse lived that. He was there. I wanted to honor him and be at the place where he lost his life," explained Lewis, who went to the school with her family. "It was devastating, the destruction and damage. I've been going to that school for 12 years. The front doors and the side glass were completely blown out and gone and covered with plywood, but you knew what was under it.
"And then, the first two classrooms were completely gone. The windows were all blown out. The only other family who had been there was Miss Soto's family," Lewis said of Jesse's teacher, Victoria Soto. "So we took a piece of glass because there was glass scattered all over and we had a little ceremony. We said we're going to carry around a piece of glass and we're going to remember Jesse's bravery.

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/local/arti...im-finds-healing-in-4170243.php#ixzz2HEzveIFO

A heartbreaking yet heartwarming article.

Thank you. From Trumbull and have family in Newtown so this is a personal story for me. Just realized today reading the threads that a cousin's wife was interviewed as a survivor.

I am very sorry that this is really close and personal to you. I am 2 towns away from you. Probably 20 minutes, if that. I hope your cousins wife is doing well and I hope the healing has started, if that is even possible.

Thank you to everyone posting the articles and interviews. These parents are incredibly loving and brave in the wake of this terrible tragedy. I have been absolutely amazed at the strength of character I have witnessed in every interview and article.

This may sound weird but this seems to be a special little town full of a lot of kind souls. I am just in awe, over and over again, when I listen to what they are saying.

These folks are the best of the best, in my opinion, and although the tragedy they endured has been horrific they have been very inspiring to me in believing in the good of humanity.

I feel like I know each little person that died that day of the ones that their family has spoken out about and the stories of their short lives and personalities have made me smile... then I inevitably cry my eyes out.

What lives would they have lived, what things would they have accomplished... what a loss for all of us. May they all rest in peace- they were greatly loved and adored, that is for certain.

Was Adam Lanza targeting a teacher? Sandy Hook school shooter fired at car
belonging to educator before killing her and murdering all but one of her students
(mailonline.co.uk)[/QUOTE]

I was going to post a link to this article. This had to be one of the dumbest things I've read. I suppose somehow AL was bebopping around town all this time, visiting the Starbucks where Lauren Rousseau worked part-time, and we're just now hearing about it? :eek:hdear: Plus the notion that he sat around the parking lot shooting at the cars before he went in? Reading the comments there and people want to know why no one heard him shooting the cars... :banghead:

Thank you to everyone posting the articles and interviews. These parents are incredibly loving and brave in the wake of this terrible tragedy. I have been absolutely amazed at the strength of character I have witnessed in every interview and article.

This may sound weird but this seems to be a special little town full of a lot of kind souls. I am just in awe, over and over again, when I listen to what they are saying.

These folks are the best of the best, in my opinion, and although the tragedy they endured has been horrific they have been very inspiring to me in believing in the good of humanity.

I feel like I know each little person that died that day of the ones that their family has spoken out about and the stories of their short lives and personalities have made me smile... then I inevitably cry my eyes out.

What lives would they have lived, what things would they have accomplished... what a loss for all of us. May they all rest in peace- they were greatly loved and adored, that is for certain.

I have been thinking the same thing Frigga. While my heart continues to break for the families of those lost, I am also inspired by the love and humanity this even has inspired.

A beautiful article. Thank you so much for sharing.

"I don't know how this is all going to end. I just know I'm going to make it my journey and I'm going to experience things the way I experience them," Lewis said. "I broke down the other day because I saw a nutcracker and Jesse had asked for a nutcracker on his Christmas list. It's weird sometimes, the things that hit you.

"I was crying and crying, and then JT said, `You know mom, time isn't the same on earth as it is in heaven. In heaven, a lifetime is a second, so Jesse won't have to wait very long to be with us again.' And I was like, `Oh my God, thank you, thank you. You're right.' "

:please:

Victims’ families visited Newtown memorial one last time

Many of the young victims came to the restaurant with their parents. One loved looking out the restaurant windows – onto where the memorial for her and others later stood.

Two days after the shooting, Seri said he questioned God: Why do I have to swallow this every second of the day? Why do I have to be here?

He didn't want to work that Sunday, but did anyway. Seri was on the back deck when a waitress told him a woman inside was crying. Fearing the worst, he bolted inside.

The Catholic Church had received a bomb threat. Armed guards evacuate mass. "They won't even less us pray," the terrified parishioner said through tears.

"I grabbed her hand," Seri said at a restaurant booth, "and we prayed right out loud here.

"To me it was God answering me that day, saying 'You go to work, I'll send you what your purpose is that day.'"
The story here isn't about the restaurant or any one person, Seri said. It about the love Sandy Hook residents have for one another and how that's come through in the most difficult moments.

"If they knew enough to help me without me asking, can you imagine what they've been doing for families?" he asked Sunday.

"And I know firsthand they've been doing an awful lot."

That is really sad how the parents of the children that died found out. Chase's parents found out when the governor made a speech about not wanting to answer questions from the families' of dead children. It is sad they all had to wait so long and then they didn't even find out directly.

From what I heard from someone who was there ( and from local reports)- was that noone wanted to be the one to say those terrible words- choose the words- or knew how to say - that those children and teachers and staff had all died. The afternoon dragged on -first responders who had been there all day( 9;45 /10 ish- 3 pm.who had seen the carnage!! ) as well- were asked to stay to be there for parents for this announcement in case they were needed ( in case they hyperventilated or fainted etc)

Finally the worst had to be said...by someone. Noone wanted to be the one-- it was Gov Dannel Malloy who had to...just had to...say it. someone had to! carefully chose his words:
"..That those gathered there would not be reunited with their loved one"

Even if hindsight is 20/20 They say...that only about 30% of what we say is understood by our exact words and word choice- 70% by tone and body language. ( it's not what you said it is how you said it)

JMO I can't think of many other ( or better) ways to have handled those poor people who were standing there ( as well as LE, EMTs, who had seen it all inside OMG) ...waiting...for their loved ones- ( 26 kids plus teachers/staff ) who will be forever waiting- now.

Prayers forever for the victims, the families and all of the first responders. Prayers for Sandyhook.

http://middletownpress.com/articles/2013/01/07/news/doc50eafa684d376010423646.txt
Stratford mayor wants new school named for Newtown teacher Victoria Soto
Harkins proposed Monday to give Soto's name to a new school planned for the site of the Honeyspot Elementary School. Construction is set to begin this summer.

The name must be approved by the town council, which is expected to take up the matter on Jan. 14.

This article says the same.http://www.courant.com/community/stratford/hc-stratford-soto-school-0108-20130107,0,5325524.story

WTNH is also carrying the story.
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/connecticut/Stratford-mayor-Name-school-for-Newtown-teacher-cpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288