Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have sympathy for his mother, she did have guns and they where registered to her, but she did not go and shoot people. Her own baby whom she loved murdered her. The mother probably never thought in a million years her son was a murderer or would do harm to anyone, If she did I'm sure she wouldn't have purchased the guns and had them around her son.

It's truly terrible for all involved. Only one person is responsible for this. If he wanted out of this world he should have took his life and left everyone else alone. He was selfish cold and caculating. Everyone involved has my deepest sympathy.

I am still holding out on this, why would a mother have a semi automatic? I'm not sure if this is "quick" reporting or what but I just don't understand why this mother would have all of these guns. IMO

I hope that tomorrow if the killer had an obsession or frequent delusion that it will be revealed by the dad or brother.

Lengthy article about today's events at link.

Nancy Lanza was a part-time substitute at the school, according to a parent.

That could explain some of the confusion about her connection to the school.

a woman who worked at the school was wounded.

This woman may be the vice principal we read about earlier.

I am still holding out on this, why would a mother have a semi automatic? I'm not sure if this is "quick" reporting or what but I just don't understand why this mother would have all of these guns. IMO

I'm not sure if she had purchased the guns or not they have said the mother had the guns registered to her. I don't know if it is factual reporting that they were her guns. I just feel she is a victim also. Edit to say also sometimes people leave items behind to family members, broken marriages, alot of ways she could have ended up with the guns being hers if she didn't infact buy them.

If he shot mom at home, WHY go to the school? Why those kindergarteners?? :(

So if the perp`s mother is not connected to the school then he randomly chose to kill as many schoolchildren as he could just because? sigh.

I'm totally at a loss of understanding. He killed his mother before arriving at the elementary school. Why did he go to the school and commit the unthinkable??? What is his connection to that school besides his mother's employment, if anything? Senseless.

Why THE HELL is the media calling the mother of the teacher???:banghead: She just found out her grandson killed his mom, 18 children and 6 adults?!?!?!

"Give us dirty laundry."

--Don Henley

Quoting quote from closed thread: PLEASE, do not make this tragedy into your place to preach hateful messages about people who make different parenting choices than you.

PLEASE do not make this tragedy into a soapbox for telling the youth of today that they are pathetic, because they are not.

Abby, I could kiss you right now!

Awkward quoting/snipped by me......

I'd like to give you a well-deserved smooch as well. I didn't trust myself to answer without being banished.

I am just so saddened. My heart aches for the victims who spent their last moments in fear, for the victims' families whose lives have been completely turned upside down, and for the survivors who will have a long journey in recovering from this tragedy. My nephew is five years old, such an innocent age, I cannot even begin to fathom him having to experience something like this. And so close to Christmas!?!? It will never be the same for the parents, siblings, and children of the victims. My heart is so heavy tonight...

Agreed. And it will never be the same for the first responders and all other authorities who had to witness the aftermath.

The damage will spread out far, deep, and wide.

The principal tweeted about welcoming 74 kindergartners to the school. 27% of those kids are now dead. :(

Two adults identified so far:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/n...ol-psychologist-went-the-extra-mile.html?_r=0
Dawn Hochsprung, the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School, and Mary Sherlach, a school psychologist, were among the six adults killed at the school in the mass shooting on Friday

the other four were believed to be school staff members.

LE hasn't released the list of victims but
Gerald Stomski, the first selectman of Woodbury, Conn
is speaking to media and being quoted other articles as well as having ID'ed these two adults.

a psychologist — preparing to retire
description about counselor that was murdered.

Nice article talking about how dedicated these two women were to the students.

Sorry everyone Levi's Spreecast was canceled due to tech problems but he and I will be back next week same time.

On Sunday on my True Crime Radio Show we will be discussing this horrific shooting.

I am hoping you will call in and express your feelings. It's important for everyone to talk about this. We are all devastated but nothing close to what the parents and loved ones of the murdered are going through.

8 PM Sunday Here is the link and the phone number to call in is 7.6.0.-8.2.5.-0.9.3.3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm totally at a loss of understanding. He killed his mother before arriving at the elementary school. Why did he go to the school and commit the unthinkable??? What is his connection to that school besides his mother's employment, if anything? Senseless.

Is that the elementary school he attended as a child? I haven't heard, and of course, most of what we've heard today has been wrong anyway.

I feel so awful for the family this monster has left behind. They are victims in all of this as well,I just wanna hug Nancy's mother. :(

There was a navy seal on the news yesterday talking about how to survive something like a mall shooting. It might not help small kids or those trapped in a room, but I told my grandkids all his advice this afternoon. Of course the principals and teacher rushed out to help or get help, but it sounds like they they did the opposite of what the navy seal said.

I think we will hear more from the father as time goes by. The mother was probably always in denial abt the shooters mental health, but I bet Dad knows the details.

May I ask what you are basing this assumption on?

I am so far behind... And am trying desperately to keep up...

so if this is the totally wrong time and place...0please forgive me..

But could it be that Adam resented Ryan.... Instead of his mom?

and Adam had Ryan's ID on him.... Possibly trying to pin it on Ryan... Or at least make things very uncomfortable for him... ( as it has)

He has killed all (most) of Ryan's family... And Ryan's GF is missing (from where I am at in the reading)....

I know that doesn't explain the massacre....

but a twisted mind does not always have logical actions...

Just some thoughts....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members