Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now one of the people transcribing today wrote that he said something different. It was posted that Chief said LE broke windows and the shooter entered forcibly bu that we should not assume he broke the windows to gain access.

I would love to get this clarified since the presser will be the best source for this. TIA if anyone has the exact information.

Connecticut shooting: Gunman forced his way into school, say police
Police say the gunman who killed 26 children and adults at a Connecticut school before killing himself forced his way into the building.

JBean as a fire Captain Atlanta Fire Department.. for 25 years, the easiest entrance to a dwelling was breaking the glass for forcible entry..There is no reasonable explanation to doubt ALs entry other than forcible by breaking the glass, imo..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...an-forced-his-way-into-school-say-police.html

Police say the gunman who killed 26 children and adults at a Connecticut school before killing himself forced his way into the building.

Audio from radio calls made by the first officers on the scene suggests that he may have forced his way in by either breaking the glass doors or shooting his way past the security system.

The Emilie Parker fund on Facebook has gained almost 50,000 new people in the last 2.5 hours alone!

During the presser the Chief did reveal that AL shot out the glass at the front entrance & the responding LE also broke the glass at other locations for entry.
Here's the link to the press conference video:
http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/73708734/News/Lieutenant-Vance-Speaks-At-Press-Conference

It also includes, at the end, the part about the "altercation" the day before.

OKay this is what he says around 5:37:
the point of entry was established
he was not let in voluntarily
he forced his way in and that is as far as he will go on that.

LE broke many windows for access and he pointed this out in reference to broken windows being taken out of context. So he did not reveal that he shot out the window, at least at this time. He later explains he really doesn't know- so it is still a possibility.

I'm late to this thread and did skim the prior posts for info, but I'm not finding much about the mention of the guy in the woods and/or a second gunman? I've searched the web and there really isn't anything out there on this. I did however find this youtube video with a replay of the police scanner and video of the woods chase. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_ODW4JG9y8

Maybe they were just scared people in the woods not related whatsoever. I just don't know why they would run from the police if they were innocent and I have to wonder why the heck would AL have so many guns?

Not much has been said about the shooter's relationship with the father. Even though Nancy and him were divorced,did he see his son? That couldn't have helped an already mentally fragile boy knowing his father didn't want to see him.I suspect the stress of having a child that demanded such attention was the cause of the divorce. Sounds like Nancy put Adam ahead of everyone.

Aspergers, Autism, personality disorder, can't feel pain. Surely this guy can't have all these things ?!?!

I'm waiting for the facts

Aspergers is in the Autism spectrum and they can have OCD (personality disorder) as well as sensory-perception abnormalities.

"A range of abnormalities, including hyper- and hyposensitivity, sensory distortion and overload, and multichannel receptivity and processing difficulties, are described in firsthand accounts and frequently portrayed as central to the autistic experience."

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1025850431170?LI=true

http://www.alessioavenanti.com/pdf_library/minio-paluello_2009biolpsychiatry.pdf

http://www.biobehavioralinstitute.com/viewarticle.php?id=38

All these videos with security experts showing how to stay safe in schools etc really bother me. It's like these shootings have become so common now that it's just part of the normal design of a school (and the safety drills the kids do) and basically just factored in as a risk, you know, like fire...

That's almost like just accepting that there's nothing that can be done to stop these horrors.

When I was in grade school in the 90s, before Columbine, we had a new wing added. The doors were all heavy with heavy locks and the narrow window next to the door had that mesh inside it so it couldn't shatter. Never even thought about that until now...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...g-shooters-home-offers-clues-to-motive-video/

article has more on Adams bedroom. I think leading to the ocd.

CBS) Newtown, Conn. - "CBS This Morning" senior correspondent John Miller reports on the latest developments in the investigation of the attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

Pictures: Conn. elementary school shooting

Miller says there have been reports that Adam Lanza, the shooting suspect, showed up at the school door and was buzzed in. He also notes there have been reports that he shot out a window and either walked through the glass or opened the door there.

I'm late to this thread and did skim the prior posts for info, but I'm not finding much about the mention of the guy in the woods and/or a second gunman? I've searched the web and there really isn't anything out there on this. I did however find this youtube video with a replay of the police scanner and video of the woods chase. Sandy Hook Elem: 3 Shooters (A CLOSE LOOK) - YouTube

Maybe they were just scared people in the woods not related whatsoever. I just don't know why they would run from the police if they were innocent and I have to wonder why the heck would AL have so many guns?

Could have been someone hunting,and ran because they thought the perp was in the woods.

I keep thinking about the school itself. At this time all I can think, more feeling than anything, is that I would tear it down. :(

I know what you mean. On the one hand, it is not practical - in these financially constrained times, to simply demolish the school. However, I would not want to subject little children, to return to this place. Perhaps an older child, could process this in a more rational way. I am not so sure, about 5 and 6 year olds. The thought of making a child sit in a room, where x number of children were cut down by rounds from a semi automatic weapon, is just too much to ask a child to endure.

I'm late to this thread and did skim the prior posts for info, but I'm not finding much about the mention of the guy in the woods and/or a second gunman? I've searched the web and there really isn't anything out there on this. I did however find this youtube video with a replay of the police scanner and video of the woods chase. Sandy Hook Elem: 3 Shooters (A CLOSE LOOK) - YouTube

....a man pinned down to the ground doesn't = shooter number two, they handcuffed the brother too and he was two hours away. They likely chased and pinned anyone they saw that was running in the area .. it could have easily been a gardener or someone else who simply ran in fear.

Also the two shadows could have been kids who ran out of the school in fear, or people who worked in and around the school.

Aspergers, Autism, personality disorder, can't feel pain. Surely this guy can't have all these things ?!?!

I'm waiting for the facts

On the radio today, I heard one reporter say that he had Alzheimers twice in his "investigative report" (I'm guessing he may have meant to say Aspergers -but who knows) - at this point I dont believe much out of MSM, and will wait for officials to state the facts.

Now one of the people transcribing today wrote that he said something different. It was posted that Chief said LE broke windows and the shooter entered forcibly bu that we should not assume he broke the windows to gain access.

I would love to get this clarified since the presser will be the best source for this. TIA if anyone has the exact information.

Here is the press conference bit I heard:
CNN SATURDAY MORNING NEWS

School Shooting Kills 20 Children and Six Adults; Latest Press Conference From CT State Police; Pundits Debate Gun Control Legislation

Aired December 15, 2012 - 10:00 ET
<SNIP>
QUESTION: Can you tell us about shattered glass --

VANCE: We have established the point of entry. I can tell you it's believed he was not voluntarily let into the school at all, that he forced his way into the school. That's as far as we can go on that.

QUESTION: Are there broken windows at the school?

VANCE: What?

QUESTION: Broken windows?

VANCE: Yes. Quite, frankly, that's something, again, if you take it out of context, it sounds suspicious. But as the rescue crews arrived, the active shooting teams entered the school, they entered the school from several different points. And it necessitated their way in to gain access to perform the rescue and to save as many students and faculty as they could. Hence, law enforcement broke many windows.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/15/smn.04.html

That bit was not clear on the broken glass at the front.

Later in the same PC was this:
QUESTION: The shooter in this case appeared to break into the school --

VANCE: Forced his way into the school. That would be accurate, according to investigators. Yes.

QUESTION: And does it appear he used to weapons to break his way --

VANCE: I don't want to be too specific because frankly I don't know. So I would simply -- I've been informed that it was forcibly entered and was not allowed to enter if you will.
I didn't hear that part.

I haven't caught all the press conferences and as I said, I'm still fuzzy, taking meds following my surgery, so even those I heard, I probably missed stuff.

Aspergers is in the Autism spectrum and they can have OCD (personality disorder) as well as sensory-perception abnormalities.

"A range of abnormalities, including hyper- and hyposensitivity, sensory distortion and overload, and multichannel receptivity and processing difficulties, are described in firsthand accounts and frequently portrayed as central to the autistic experience."

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1025850431170?LI=true

http://www.alessioavenanti.com/pdf_library/minio-paluello_2009biolpsychiatry.pdf

http://www.biobehavioralinstitute.com/viewarticle.php?id=38

My firend in Mt Pleasant, SC has a 17 yr old son with this type of autism. He always has to be with his dad and is very sensitive to light and new surroundings, especially in the public.

http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-adam-lanza-newtown-shooting-1216-20121215,0,2311968.story

He was a loner, a 20-year-old whom Newtown High School classmates remembered as a skinny, shaggy-haired boy "who never really talked at all" and who stayed tight to the corridor walls when he walked, often clutching his laptop.

There was a common refrain among acquaintances of Adam Lanza: I knew of him but I didn't know him.

Lanza kept to himself. Over several bloody minutes Friday morning, armed with a rifle, Lanza emerged from his shell long enough to destroy the lives of 20 first-graders and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School. He'd gone to the school as a youth, a former classmate said.

Adam Lanza had lived with his mother in the 4,000-square-foot, $500,000 house.

He had two bedrooms that were clean and orderly when law officers swept into the house after the shootings Friday morning. Lanza apparently lived in one of the rooms and kept his computer gear and other items in the second room, the sources said. Law officers found evidence that Adam Lanza played graphically violent video games, the sources said.

Adding to your links on the disorder:

Snipped

Congenital insensitivity to pain and congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (CIPA) are part of a family of disorders called HSAN, which stands for hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy. We'll discuss HSAN more later, but basically, people with an HSAN disorder have trouble perceiving pain and temperature.

People with congenital insensitivity to pain and CIPA have a severe loss of sensory perception. They can feel pressure, but not pain, so they are likely to injure or mutilate themselves without meaning to. They might know they slammed their hand in the door, it just doesn't hurt. This inability to feel physical pain does not extend to emotional pain -- people with CIPA feel emotional pain just like anyone else.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/human-biology/cipa.htm

Not that this isn't rare itself but CIPA is extremely, extremely rare so I would think it would be more like one of these:

Types of congenital pain indifference

There are generally two types of non-response exhibited.
~ Insensitivity to pain means that the painful stimulus is not even perceived: a patient cannot describe the intensity or type of pain.
~Indifference to pain means that the patient can perceive the stimulus, but lacks an appropriate response: they will not flinch or withdraw when exposed to pain.

Congenital insensitivity to pain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This reminds me of a similar video that surfaced after the Aurora shooting. Some random youtube had people on talking about seeing a 2nd shooter. It was BS of course. I am going to do a little research on this.

OKay this is what he says around 5:37:
the point of entry was established
he was not let in voluntarily
he forced his way in and that is as far as he will go on that.

LE broke many windows for access and he pointed this out in reference to broken windows being taken out of context. So he did not reveal that he shot out the window, at least at this time. He later explains he really doesn't know- so it is still a possibility.

No, JBean Probability...imo
Water, as a criminal seeks the path of least resistance...

While there isn't a magical "cure" for Asperger's, there are drugs and cognitive therapy seems to help these patients. I wonder if the AL received either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77