Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote Robert F Kennedy...'we all breathe the same air'...

Everyone has feelings...salary has nothing to do with the level of grief one feels.

Well said.

Overall the sweeping generalizations and stereotypical comments about the community as a whole really need to stop. This community is enduring a horrific tragedy- and it is not time to make unnecessary comments about the people here. They seem to be reaching out with their whole hearts- so I don't understand why we would go there anyway.

Portrait of alleged gunman's family

Acquaintances: Nancy Lanza a personable neighbor

Author: By Michael Martinez and David Ariosto CNN

Published On: Dec 16 2012 11:18:03 AM EST

Shannon Stapleton/Reuters

NEWTOWN, Connecticut (CNN) -

The mother of the man identified by authorities as the gunman behind an elementary school massacre liked to play parlor games in a ladylike setting with neighbors, discussing their landscaping and backyard gardens in this charming exurb some 60 miles from New York City.

Nancy Lanza was a personable neighbor who lived on a block of spacious houses on a crest overlooking gentle hills, acquaintances said.

She and her family moved to the Sandy Hook neighborhood about 1998, raising two sons with husband Peter until the couple separated a few years ago.

"It was just a nice, normal family"

"It was just a nice, normal family," neighbor Rhonda Cullen said Saturday, recalling a recurring neighborhood ladies night over the Bunco dice game.

"We used to joke with her that she'd do all this landscaping that no one could see because it all was in the back, and because her house was so set back," added Cullen.

At odds with this image of New England gentility was how the Lanza household possessed a cache of weapons -- including an assault-style rifle and two handguns -- in a community prized for its stillness...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...mily/-/1719418/17795066/-/kb28sj/-/index.html

Holy Cow! I had no idea the home was that large!
(I live in 1800 square ft)

article-2248197-168509C8000005DC-691_634x376.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-turned-heartless-killer.html#ixzz2FBi8lE9X

CNN discussing all the misreporting that occurred and also the contentious issue of interviewing the children.

One of the AP media writers touched on this, too.

NEW YORK (AP) — The scope and senselessness of the Newtown, Conn., school shooting challenged journalists' ability to do much more than lend, or impose, their presence on the scene.

Pressed with the awful urgency of the story, television, along with other media, fell prey to reporting "facts" that were often in conflict or wrong.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...DVZvUw?docId=0260bfaabbe84744a31d4f7e0580ecad

Richard Novia, the school district's head of security until 2008, who also served as adviser for the school technology club, said Lanza clearly 'had some disabilities. 'If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that.' Mr Novia described Lanza as 'a very scared young boy, who was very nervous around people he could trust or he refused to speak with,' Novia said. 'Somewhere along in the last four years, there were significant changes that led to what has happened,' Novia said. 'I could never have foreseen him doing that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...us-turned-heartless-killer.html#ixzz2FBi8lE9X

From press conference::

We have recovered evidence. Every bit of ancillary information about every weapon.

PostMort examination is ongoing. Later this afternoon they will have information on the final 2 victims.

School crimescene is still being worked on. The seondary crime scene (parking lot and cars) is/ are starting to be released.

Misinformation is being posted on social media sites. People "posing as" shooter or other id's. Some things have been threatening. LE has discussed with federal authorities that people perpetrating the disinformation will be prosecuted.

4 chan was a scam! (and others)
per LE on CNN
Will be investigated and prosecuted!

I cant find any picture for Madeline Hsu, Avielle Richman, Allison Wyatt, Jack Pinto and Benjamin Wheeler.
I would like to have them complete. If anyone finds one, please post it. I would really appreciate it.

Looking at those little baby faces makes me so sad and angry.

(joined in progress) Lt. Paul Vance:

"I have not and I will not put out a timeline" on investigation at this time.

"The shooting took place in a singular section of the school involving two classes and a hallway."

"I don't know that" (regarding gun range story). "Even if I did, I would say, let us put it into the context of the investigation."

Staffers hailed as heroes after Conn. shooting

1 hour ago

NEWTOWN, Conn. — A worker who turned on the intercom, alerting others in the building that something was very wrong. A custodian who risked his life by running through the halls warning of danger. A clerk who led 18 children on their hands and knees to safety, then gave them paper and crayons to keep them calm and quiet.

Out of the ruins of families that lost a precious child, sister or mother, out of a tight-knit town roiling with grief, glows one bright spot: the stories of staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School who may have prevented further carnage through selfless actions and smart snap judgments.

District Superintendent Janet Robinson noted "incredible acts of heroism" that "ultimately saved so many lives."

"The teachers were really, really focused on their students," she told reporters Saturday.

Some of them made the ultimate sacrifice...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20121216/US.School.Shooting.Staffers/

From press conference:

Questions:

Reporter: Hartford Courant has a specific timeline of how this has happened. ... accurate?
LE: I will not put out a time line while investigation is underway. Inappropriate. Any timeline is not sanctioned by LE.

Reporter: can you confirm the positions of people when they were shot?
LE: No, except for previous statements that the shootings took place in one area -2 classrooms & hallway.

Reporter: Was the shooter taken by family to a shooting range?
LE: I don't know that. We can't take segments of an investigation and discuss it - could be taken out of context and misinterpreted. I don't know anything about that. Even if I did, I'd say let us put it into the context of the investigation so we can get a complete picture...

[all of above paraphrased from press conference - not word for word or direct quotes.]

Vance wil NOT put out info on timeline or ongoing investigation.

Public pressure will not be bowed to.

We cannot take segments of investigation and release them where those segmants can and will be misinterpretted.

4 chan was a scam! (and others)
per LE on CNN
Will be investigated and prosecuted!

Um yeah he is mad. Maybe this thread should be under lockdown or have general discussion disclaimer?

Anything previously posted by me...has been MOO

I am stopping any posting.
Love prayers to victims
hearts/blessing to to the WS and the world

:seeya:

Vance says anyone posing as the perp/people in the case on social media and spreading misinformation will be prosecuted. He is pis$ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288