GUILTY Conrad Murray Case - After The Trial & Verdict

BBM

Friend? That term sure gets thrown around a lot when no one can dispute it. How does business arrangement equate friendship? Ugh!

I've come to the conclusion that Dr. Murray did not treat patients. He treated friends. There was no such thing as a patient to him.

IMO

Suggestion for a title for the new Conrad Murray thread: Sentencing Watch!

I heard possibly on HLN tonight that the judge sent a message to Conrad that he would give him the stiffest sentence possible. The judge will probably chew him a 'new on' at the sentencing. Am looking forward to that.

I can only venture to guess that the Judge, as a professional, was blown away by what this Doctor did (or didn't do) and he is sending a message. For the past few years, more courts around the country are holding doctors responsible for their unethical treatment of patients and it is about time.

Prescription drug addiction is a crisis in this country and rather than the doctors trying to find out what the root cause is of a patient's symptoms they just prescribe drugs and continue to prescribe drugs and operate outside of their boundaries meaning they continue to prescribe drugs rather than making referrals.

My daughter has fibromyalgia and she works with a team of doctors -- her primary physician, a rheumatologist, a psychotherapist and a sleep study center. Thank goodness they are ethical because she has to take drugs that are potentially addictive but her doctors are hawks and really watch her (so do I)

I've come to the conclusion that Dr. Murray did not treat patients. He treated friends. There was no such thing as a patient to him.

IMO

Oh, okay. He just says friend for any and all known people. Sort of like the employees at WalMart do at 4 a.m. and you don't know them, they just call you friend. It is a language thing.

It made me sick to read his answers & responses, in this interview.

SAVANNAH GUTHRIE: "Well, why didn't you just walk away?"

CONRAD MURRAY: "I should have walked away. But if also I walked away, I would have abandoned a friend."

Better to kill a friend... than to abandon him.

Ahhhhh. I get it now. <rolls eyes>

I saw of that. He also says in another snippet that MJ told him; he was his only friend.

What is clear about what this documentary is going to focus on is to make him appear like he was "helping MJ" all the time just being self-serving. I have no respect for this man; not only because of what he did to MJ but his lifestyle as well -- cheating on his wife with multiple girlfriends; multiple babies out of wedlock and failure to pay child support never mind his financial background.

I agree with OBE that this man leads many lives and if he is a Dr Feelgood surely those patients will remain silent. I wonder with all of his financial issues if he is not a gambler too.

Oh, okay. He just says friend for any and all known people. Sort of like the employees at WalMart do at 4 a.m. and you don't know them, they just call you friend. It is a language thing.

He makes quite a "friendly" impression on his patients as well. Remember the ones the defense called to the stand. One of them even referred to him as his "best friend". Sheesh. :waitasec:

For me, I want to be a patient to a doctor, not a friend that he/she will be reluctant to tell me what I need to be told, not what they think I want to hear.

IMO

It is probably how he portrayed himself to his patients and made it appear they were getting free treatment because he "considered them a friend" and make it more difficult for them to seek 2nd opinions -- after all the doc is their "friend". I am sure that people from a poor community as described is thankful for any medical treatment they can get with local access and they do not have to travel.

As I mentioned before he may not have charged them with the co-payments but no way would the hospital not charge for their facilities and staff. Usually if you enter a hospital with no insurance; a social worker is standing by to assist in a medicaid/medicare application. Even Mosely said 75% of the patients were on welfare or social security which means more often than not that they were getting medicaid or medicare. In addition to that community clinics usually receive federal funding. I sure hope he is investigated. I do not believe for one second he performed these services for "free".

I can only venture to guess that the Judge, as a professional, was blown away by what this Doctor did (or didn't do) and he is sending a message. For the past few years, more courts around the country are holding doctors responsible for their unethical treatment of patients and it is about time.

Prescription drug addiction is a crisis in this country and rather than the doctors trying to find out what the root cause is of a patient's symptoms they just prescribe drugs and continue to prescribe drugs and operate outside of their boundaries meaning they continue to prescribe drugs rather than making referrals.

My daughter has fibromyalgia and she works with a team of doctors -- her primary physician, a rheumatologist, a psychotherapist and a sleep study center. Thank goodness they are ethical because she has to take drugs that are potentially addictive but her doctors are hawks and really watch her (so do I)

BBM

Hi Credence.

I'm sorry to hear your daughter has fibromyalgia. My niece had/has it and she says the pain is excruciating.

She got addicted to percocets, but no one was aware of it, because she continued to work & take care of her small boys.
When the dose she was Rx'd by the docs was no longer working for her, she tried to up the dosage, but the doc refused
and referred her to a pain management clinic.

It was there that she was told that the mercury in her silver fillings was the cause of the fibromyalgia. She had
the fillings removed & replaced with porcelain fillings. She seems to be doing much better with very little pain.

But... I'm not sure how much I believe that it's true, or if it's just a coincidence or
if the pain-management techniques are working, or if she's out-growing fibromyalgia.

I hope your daughter isn't in too much pain and that her team is helping her get through it.

There must be some subtle legality that lets the accused do interviews that can be released after the trial or the judge would be shutting all these interviews done, wouldn't he?

I wonder if the judge or the defense knew about all of these interviews while they were happening? Makes me a little sick that Murray probably got paid for all of these. IMO.

I believe from this article it says the gag order was on the attorneys, not the defendant.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/01/us-michaeljackson-idUSTRE78M4OM20111001

"The judge in the manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's doctor issued a sharply worded gag order for attorneys on Friday and ordered one of them to return for a possible contempt hearing after he appeared on a TV show telling details about the case."

The gag order was for all of the attorneys and their witnesses. Just more spin by the DT.

Listening to his third attorney Gara ... whatever; saying that the fact that MJ's financials and Dr. Klein not testifying could have led to a different verdict. They got Dr. Klein's medical records in and because Dr. Klein did NOT testify; they came across as being worse than they may have if Dr. Klein did testify and MJ's financials had nothing to do with his death.

Those were two issues he mentioned as being appellate issues and doubt they will fly. Lucky they did not bring in MJ's financials because that would have opened the door to CM's financials as well which were just as bad.

BBM

Hi Credence.

I'm sorry to hear your daughter has fibromyalgia. My niece had/has it and she says the pain is excruciating.

She got addicted to percocets, but no one was aware of it, because she continued to work & take care of her small boys.
When the dose she was Rx'd by the docs was no longer working for her, she tried to up the dosage, but the doc refused
and referred her to a pain management clinic.

It was there that she was told that the mercury in her silver fillings was the cause of the fibromyalgia. She had
the fillings removed & replaced with porcelain fillings. She seems to be doing much better with very little pain.

But... I'm not sure how much I believe that it's true, or if it's just a coincidence or
if the pain-management techniques are working, or if she's out-growing fibromyalgia.

I hope your daughter isn't in too much pain and that her team is helping her get through it.

Thanks peace. I have it too but do not take any meds. I did take drugs before but I am really afraid of them. I just deal with it but hers seems more severe than what I have. When I lost my job 3 years ago just decided to stop working so don't have to worry about the pain or being tired as much as I used to so was able to give up the drugs.

I have seen a vast improvement in her since she started seeing this team. During the sleep study; it was uncovered that she had sleep apnea which contributed to her interruption of sleep and she had a custom mouth guard built by a dentist who specializes in it and it has helped her in getting sleep. A lack of sleep greatly contributes to the pain.

She had to drop out of college; managed to get a two year degree and finally went back to school this past September so I do know the meds are helping and her mood is better. She used to cry at the simplest criticism and I felt like I literally walked on eggshells when I had to talk to her and that has subsided as well. We can talk again LOL

The doctor she had seen before them just kept upping her pain meds and I finally convinced her to change doctors.

I will worry as long as she has to take these drugs though. She is on the lowest dosages of them and actually was weaned off of the dosages the previous doctor had prescribed and her meds were changed. She also attends pain management therapy - I left that out but that is part of the team.

On a side note -- my daughter has no fillings -- she has great teeth.

I hate to admit this but I will watch the Murray documentary. It is airing Friday night at 10PM on MSNBC. I am more curious than not even though I already expect I know he will make self-serving statements.

He makes quite a "friendly" impression on his patients as well. Remember the ones the defense called to the stand. One of them even referred to him as his "best friend". Sheesh. :waitasec:

For me, I want to be a patient to a doctor, not a friend that he/she will be reluctant to tell me what I need to be told, not what they think I want to hear.

BBM

In psychiatric/mental health facilities, "they"... (AKA "the higher-ups"), are trying very hard to do away with calling the patients, "patients".
Even when documenting, it is encouraged to write "The client..." instead of "the patient...". This is so the patients do not feel lesser than staff.
<rolls eyes>

As I was retiring from the system, many of the staff were encouraged & beginning to use the term "consumer"... instead of client or patient.

It has always bothered me to use anything but "patient" and I've long argued that a "patient" is
a patient in a medical/hospital setting. A client sounds to0 much like an atty / client relationship.

And, consumer... well, IMO, it sounds like we're all going on a field trip to Wal-mart.... instead of having group therapy.

I personally think, (and most of the nurses did, also), that "patient" sounds more like they're being
taken care of by professionals, who know what they're doing, and it helps make the patients feel
more secure, especially for those with a paranoid personality disorder.

Being "equal to" or being "friends" is not what it's about... but some people argue that it is about that.

I hate to admit this but I will watch the Murray documentary. It is airing Friday night at 10PM on MSNBC. I am more curious than not even though I already expect I know he will make self-serving statements.

OH --- I too will be watching it!!! I want to hear what CM has to say now, just like I wanted CM to testify.
It was somewhat amusing, to me, hearing him talk and tell what really happened to MJ, during the interview with LE.

Yes... I do want to hear all the lies that Michael Jackson can not dispute, and more lies about what
happened & how MJ praised him & adored him & wanted him to be the big honcho at MJ's future Children's Hospital ...
and I really want to see the fake emotions and tone of voice and his sad sad expressions. Poor Conrad Murray!

Sociopaths, with narcissistic traits, are really very interesting to watch...
and it can be very funny (as long as no one is being harmed) once they've been diagnosed!!
(Not fun to be conned by one, tho!!!)

It's amazing when you're "on to them"... watching the games they play and what all they try to get away with.
And hearing the outlandish tales they tell!

They never ever ever believe they have been diagnosed with a sociopathic personality disorder (AKA anti-social personality D/O)...
so they never feel that you are "on to them" because they think you don't believe it either... and so, believe their lies!

I want there to be more ammunition for press to use against Conrad Murray. I feel the documentary will do just that. Poor Conrad Murray!

I know I'll be setting myself up for knots in my stomach, a throbbing headache, and to be boiling mad angry! But it'll be worth it!!!

TMZ has obtained a blistering letter sent to NBC and MSNBC execs from the co-executors of Michael Jackson's estate, attacking the networks' ethics for giving Conrad Murray a platform in an upcoming documentary.

In the letter John Branca and John McClain grouse that Murray has no qualms about "smearing the reputation of his 'friend,'" even though he refused to testify under penalty of perjury in his trial.

In the letter, the co-executors doubt that Murray got paid only $1 for his participation in the doc. In fact, people connected with the documentary hedged when TMZ asked about Murray's payment.

And the co-executors say, the networks are using "moral loopholes" -- claiming it was shot before Murray was convicted -- "in order to boost ratings at a struggling cable network."

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/110911_jackson.pdf

The Letter:

I don't think I could stomach watching CM's documentary/reality (his reality) show. I suspect it to be a fictional story based very loosely on any facts and nothing that can be verified. It's a mystery to me why anyone would pay him for such nonsense.

TMZ has obtained a blistering letter sent to NBC and MSNBC execs from the co-executors of Michael Jackson's estate, attacking the networks' ethics for giving Conrad Murray a platform in an upcoming documentary.

In the letter John Branca and John McClain grouse that Murray has no qualms about "smearing the reputation of his 'friend,'" even though he refused to testify under penalty of perjury in his trial.

In the letter, the co-executors doubt that Murray got paid only $1 for his participation in the doc. In fact, people connected with the documentary hedged when TMZ asked about Murray's payment.

And the co-executors say, the networks are using "moral loopholes" -- claiming it was shot before Murray was convicted -- "in order to boost ratings at a struggling cable network."

The Letter:

I've been wondering if anything in this documentary will violate HIPAA. I guess time will tell once it airs. I'm surprised a threat regarding this sort of thing was not included in the executor's letter linked above.

OH --- I too will be watching it!!! I want to hear what CM has to say now, just like I wanted CM to testify.
It was somewhat amusing, to me, hearing him talk and tell what really happened to MJ, during the interview with LE.

Yes... I do want to hear all the lies that Michael Jackson can not dispute, and more lies about what
happened & how MJ praised him & adored him & wanted him to be the big honcho at MJ's future Children's Hospital ...
and I really want to see the fake emotions and tone of voice and his sad sad expressions. Poor Conrad Murray!

Sociopaths, with narcissistic traits, are really very interesting to watch...
and it can be very funny (as long as no one is being harmed) once they've been diagnosed!!
(Not fun to be conned by one, tho!!!)

It's amazing when you're "on to them"... watching the games they play and what all they try to get away with.
And hearing the outlandish tales they tell!

They never ever ever believe they have been diagnosed with a sociopathic personality disorder (AKA anti-social personality D/O)...
so they never feel that you are "on to them" because they think you don't believe it either... and so, believe their lies!

I want there to be more ammunition for press to use against Conrad Murray. I feel the documentary will do just that. Poor Conrad Murray!

I know I'll be setting myself up for knots in my stomach, a throbbing headache, and to be boiling mad angry! But it'll be worth it!!!

Well said!!!! :yourock:

I've been wondering if anything in this documentary will violate HIPAA. I guess time will tell once it airs. I'm surprised a threat regarding this sort of thing was not included in the executor's letter linked above.

Yes I am too. From my understanding HIPPA laws apply after death as well. If the documentary violates those laws; no doubt the estate will file a lawsuit against the producers as well as CM. I don't think enough of what will air has been made public for that determination to be made at this time.

I don't think I could stomach watching CM's documentary/reality (his reality) show. I suspect it to be a fictional story based very loosely on any facts and nothing that can be verified. It's a mystery to me why anyone would pay him for such nonsense.

I forgot to add, that an additional reason that I am glad CM is doing the documentary is that I'm hoping CM would be
presenting all documents/contracts re the document... stating who all is involved in the contract, explaining how he will
be compensated, etc.... as is mandated by the California statute in regard to the Son of Sam Law in Calif.

The statute also states that all profits from a book, film, memorabilia, etc would
go into a trust for beneficiaries and for any victims from civil suits.

I thought "beneficiaries" might include the children to whom CM is a "dead-beat dad"....
giving them their amount due for back child support payments that CM owes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back