Conrad Murray trial -Day fifteen

Well, it's Chernoff's job to discredit him, after all. I have not listened to much of the cross, but effective cross can be done without being flippant, sarcastic, etc. The tone of Chernoff's voice is what is irritating me.

And I agree again. It is the tone and the way the questions are asked. Thank you, I just knew I was getting irritated and now I know why.

In the past several years, there have been a lot of changes and/or eliminations when using some of the official & standard medical abbreviations and terminology that have been used for a zillion years.

Using mls now, instead of cc's is one of those changes.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only "old-timer" that hasn't
fully adjusted to using the changes.

Dr Shafer used the term m-l's in the very beginning.
Then he used cc's, but corrected himself. Now he just
says cc's and doesn't even bother correcting himself!!!!

Chernoff pointed out that the assimilation Dr. S did on lorazepam states MJ received the first 2 mg dose at midnight when he was still at the rehearsal hall.

And I agree again. It is the tone and the way the questions are asked. Thank you, I just knew I was getting irritated and now I know why.

Add me in too. I'm not a fan of Chernoff's style. :sick:

Chernoff pointed out that the assimilation Dr. S did on lorazepam states MJ received the first 2 mg dose at midnight when he was still at the rehearsal hall.

True but I honestly don't see a big deal with it. He needed a starting point; the main point of his testimony is that multiple injections were given over a period of 4-5 hour or so.

I know. I wish Dr S had not done a hypothetical model based upon something that is so easy to disprove.

Is court over for the day? I was watching hln instead of starting another computer and they went to JVM and another case.

I think Chernoff did a little damage. He reminded the jury that Schafer got his 'theory' for the demonstration by reading Alvarez's statement about the bottle in the IV bag. And Alvarez has been somewhat discredited, imo. That testimony might come into question during deliberations.

He was probably sent his other statement afterwards.

How has his testimony been discredited? I thought he was one of the most genuine witnesses to testify for the state.

Didn't he say he saw a saline bag with a slit in it and wasnt that found in the bag he described that Murray fessed up and told them where it was? Doesnt that same bottle of propofol found with the silit bag have only the fingerprint of CM on it?

IMO

True but I honestly don't see a big deal with it. He needed a starting point; the main point of his testimony is that multiple injections were given over a period of 4-5 hour or so.

I don't see it as a big deal. He had to work out all the scenarios until he found the one that match the levels found at time of autopsy.

IMO

Chernoff asked Dr. S why he omitted the red line in the assimilation graph he showed to the Jury on Lorazepam which indicates when a patient becomes non-responsive to painful stimulus.

Dr. S said the reason he omitted it was because in his opinion it would confuse the Jury members.

Walgren will clear all of this up on re-direct. He always does.

IMO

Have a great weekend all . Just hope Shafer is not on the stand too much longer. I am bored already and no holes in his testimony and I would think if there were any we would have been aware already. :)

I have found both of these cross examiners very irritating. I love a good cross but do not like the snarkiness and put downs especially when they aren't necessary.

Dr. Shafer is trying very hard to answer all of Cher's questions honestly. You can tell DS doesn't appear in court too often since he knows none of the courtroom rules. It makes him more endearing to me.

IMO

I know. I wish Dr S had not done a hypothetical model based upon something that is so easy to disprove.

During cross examination of Dr. Shafer, Chernoff's discussed Dr. Shafer's professional relationship with Dr. White and what he knew about Dr. White testifying for the prosecution.

Chernoff pointed out that Dr Shafer quickly, within 2 weeks, completed a study on Propofol taken orally in which he participated and published the article shown in court.

Chernoff firmly reminded Dr. Shafer that Dr. Murray was on trial for his life.

Which is a load of bull.:furious:

He is not on trial for his life. Heck if convicted he may not even do jail time.

That was for the jury not DS.

IMO

"You preferred to shove it down his professional throat"

" You literally swallowed Porpofol, correct?"

" You then cam to court and had nerve to say YOU were disappointed in Dr White? "

Wow, Chernoff is going to town on Schafer now. I wonder if the jury is going along with it?

They were probably sitting there :furious::furious: that the nut job would say such a rude crude thing.

Beth and Jean both said the jury has really bonded with Dr. Shafer.

IMO

Which is a load of bull.:furious:

He is not on trial for his life. Heck if convicted he may not even do jail time.

That was for the jury not DS.

IMO

That's right.

Dr. Shafer will be back on the stand Monday morning when court resumes at 8:45 PDT.

He was probably sent his other statement afterwards.

How has his testimony been discredited? I thought he was one of the most genuine witnesses to testify for the state.

Didn't he say he saw a saline bag with a slit in it and wasnt that found in the bag he described that Murray fessed up and told them where it was? Doesnt that same bottle of propofol found with the silit bag have only the fingerprint of CM on it?

IMO

When I watched his testimony I thought he was very genuine and believable. But there are two big problems, IIRC. One was that he testified about helping CM move MJ off of the bed BEFORE the EMTs arrived. But the paramedic said that MJ was still on the bed when they arrived. I thought that was problematic.

Also, in the cross examination, I think a lot of damage was done about the bottle in the bag because of a few things. Alvarez did not initially tell LE about that bottle in the bag. It was months before he did so. And that , added to the fact the CSI girl never took a picture, and did not write it that way in her report, makes it suspect. If I were on the jury I might feel it was tainted info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back