Conrad Murray trial -Day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A portion of the Hippocratic Oath:

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art

He should have his medical license taken away.

I agree Madeleine, He sits there like a lump on a log with this pathetic look on his face. I suppose that is how he has been told to act. His high monthly salary tells a tale on him IMO. Uncanny.

At least Michael looked peaceful in death.

Dr. M was actually underpaid, as he wanted $5 million/year. $150,000/month didn't quite reach that. Obviously a greed driven person Dr. Murray is!

and how many doctors did MJ have prescribing drugs? He was a known doctor shopper. I thought it was common knowledge that he was a drug addict addicted to Demerol and the gambit of drugs that fall into that category

Funny that none of the other drugs MJ was addicted to were not found in his system at autopsy. The only drugs found were the drugs purchased and given by Dr. Murray.

Dr. M was actually underpaid, as he wanted $5 million/year. $150,000/month didn't quite reach that. Obviously a greed driven person Dr. Murray is!

I noticed he rolled his eyes quite a few times.Do you think maybe he was pissed he didn't get his 5 million? Dr. M definitely thought he was entitled to all of MJ's money

MJ traveled with an anesthesiologist before. This was nothing new. MJ got exactly what he paid for.

Is Murray Guilty? Probably.... But in all honesty, I just don't care....and I doubt I'd convict him. Malpractice definately. Criminal Liability, no

Criminal, yes. Dr. Murray left the room after administering propofol and benzodiazepines, which are drugs that potentiate the effects of each other and with that is an almost certain effect of apnea. This is the criminal part.

As much as no one wants to hear it, MJ and Dr. Murray are both at fault.

We don't know if the Dr. gave the last fatal dose or if MJ added to the Dr.'s dose. We just don't know.

We do know MJ was using propofol (among other things) to sleep, which is not the drugs intended purpose. We may hear MJ had some addiction issues to other sleep aids, we may not. We already heard about the demoral.

As far as who first started prescribing it and who continued, that would be different cases all together. Not this trial that is happening now, so it is best to keep the issues separate, while sadly the consequences were not.

As far as this Dr. goes, he knew this was an illegal, unethical, and potentially fatal plan. Any Dr. would. That is where any culpability on this Dr. comes in. He agreed to do this, knowing it could all go very wrong.

The jury will have to decide just what punishment the Dr. will receive. If they decide he gave the fatal dose, that is just one of the charges, the worst one. If they do not know who gave the fatal dose, but know the Dr. should never have gone along with the plan, that is a different charge, but does not include the death of the patient. Then there will, most likely, be testimony that the Dr. really did not know much about the patient and his addictions, and discovered it all too late. Which I would find hard to believe given the recording, he knew at least by May 9, plenty of time to stop administering propofol, get it out of the house, put it under lock and key, or just quit the job if his medical knowledge and intervention were being shoved aside.

It is a tough issue. I am looking forward to hearing the Court arguments and evidence. I would not want to be a juror on this case, not at all.

I think that is merging two different individuals into one and clouding the criminal case against Murray. This is not a civil case where the victim can hold a percentage of responsibility and the defendant a percentage.

The jury has got to keep their eye on the ball instead of the smoke and mirrors from the DT and concentrate on why they are there in the first place. If they want to judge MJ outside of the courtroom then fine..that is their right......no one can stop them, but they are there to judge Conrad Murray only and rightly so.

I think based upon the evidence and common sense and logic we DO know that MJ did not do this to himself. It defies all logic combined with all the lies and cover up Murray did which reeks of consciousness of guilt.

MJ would have to wake up alert the second Murray's coattail left the door then get up.. find the pill bottle..pop the top..put the top back on:innocent:......take the pills......inject the propofol and be laying in place with the penis catheter still fixed and in place. All of this would have to take place within a two minute time frame and not only all of those things would have had to be done but MJ also would have to die instantly (per the DT) and have his eyes already fixed and dilated in those two minutes.

The PT is going to shoot down that absurd theory, imo.

MJs accountability has nothing to do with the criminal case against Murray. It is his direct actions and inactions that caused the death of MJ. Every choice he made was of his own accord. Every email.........every text.....every call he was on..abandoning his patient...... shows he had little regard for his patient's life. He simply had other priorities and because of that MJ met an untimely death.

Every doctor who has spoken out on tv after the DT OS has said what Chernoff said is a load of malarkey. The 8 pills would not kill anyone instantly nor the propofol :innocent:and they would have not made it to the stomach and be fluid in two minutes tops. It is absurd and insulting, imo.:innocent: Just another sickening trial where the victim is blamed for the defendant's own wrongdoing.

The jury only has to believe Murray deviated grossly from the standard of care to find him guilty. Only one gross deviation has to be found and the PT has laid out the many ways he deviated from the standard of care. If they think he is guilty of one of those then they will find him guilty and they most assuredly can think he deviated from the standard of care in all instances concerning the treatment of his patient.

MJ cannot be anymore accountable than he is for trusting Murray. Dead is permanent. That however has nothing to do with the actions of Murray himself when he caused the death to happen through gross negligence and recklessness and deviated from the standard of care that every patient deserves. So much so ..........that the standard of care was unrecognizable in this case.

IMO

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art

The $$ and "once in a lifetime opportunity" negated that part of the oath for Dr. Murray. Greed driven!

I noticed he rolled his eyes quite a few times.Do you think maybe he was pissed he didn't get his 5 million? Dr. M definitely thought he was entitled to all of MJ's money

I am sure he is. I also think Dr. Murray believes he is above all of this court stuff, cause he is an MD (commonly misconstrued to mean Medical Deity)!

And here is the thing ,Why did Dr Murray want 5 mill a year?

BTW I expect more to come out about how much he WAS getting because the drugs alone where worth 150,000 a month and sent to his girlfriends. No way woud he be busting even , now in real life service and product fees work out that the service is about 2/3 of the price plus product. I should say that is from my personal obsevations.

Like my new car part was 68 dollars ,my repair cost is 204 in a shop.

Also I dont think I will catch the start of the trial today ,So can someone a Day 2 thread,in case I dont?

His demeanor did change.

At times he seemed pompous and arrogant with his mouth really set and turned downward.

IMO Murray is not the man he wishes people to think he is.

IMO

And here is the thing ,Why did Dr Murray want 5 mill a year?

BTW I expect more to come out about how much he WAS getting because the drugs alone where worth 150,000 a month and sent to his girlfriends. No way he busting even , now in real life service and product fees work out the the service is about 2/3 of the price plus product. I should say that is from my personal obsevations.

Like my new car part was 68 dollars ,my repair cost is 204 in a shop.
I'm curious who said CM wanted $5 million a year? :innocent:

That should be read in court.

IMO

Yes. That would be 8:45 in LA.

Wait, I'm confusing myself. It's 3 hours difference from LA to Eastern.

Yesterday it started at 845 Pacific, which was 1145 Eastern. Trying to find out if the same time applies today.

Do you know if there is a youtube video of the trial online. I'll be seeing patients and am having my daughter take some notes of today's testimony. I can't believe I am missing today, since the gentleman who 'helped' Murray clean up the room is testifying.

His demeanor did change.

At times he seemed pompous and arrogant with his mouth really set and turned downward.

IMO Murray is not the man he wishes people to think he is.

IMO
You know what I noticed. I will have to admit I was a bit surprised with CM got tearful. I'm always a bit leary of tears....... or they for the defendant or the victim? However, in this case, I felt CM was truly sorry (showing remorse) about everything that happened. I do not think CM knew all the drugs MJ was on. Obviously, CM didn't do a blood/toxicology test on MJ. He believed MJ. Who wouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn