Construction Worker Theory

narlacat said:
It is not inconceivable, but not very likely.
Out of 97 people PR's handwriting was most the same with the RN.
It is most likely PR wrote that note.

What was really said by ST was out of 97 (?) people WHO WERE IN THE HOUSE THAT NIGHT, only Patsy Ramsey could not be excluded. In other words, the other 96 people were not in the house that night, so are automatically excluded.

shiloh said:
Sorry Rupert, just answering SD's question and then ruminating a bit.

You're being a bit too obscure there for me, and I'm not sure who you mean by "that person" knowing how to tie knots. Was this someone who had helped repair the flood damage? I believe the flood was in the 3rd floor bathroom, and it was right before the Christmas Home Tour in 1994. Since the home tour was in 1994, that means that the bulk of renovation must have been complete by that time, at least as far as building the new back section of the house is concerned.
Shiloh,
I don't want to drag another innocent person into this case by a minor coincidence. I won't mention his name because I don't know of anything that would relate him to this, except that he apparently left something ajar which fell and caused the tap to turn on and flood the house. Kind of got John's goat. I don't know where to find that story again. You can search him; I'd rather not bring his name into this. Who knows. Chairs

"Spin it anyway you want Maikai.
PR could not be excluded as the writer of the note, it's that simple."

The spin stops here. It doesn't wash: John and Burke were in the house as well, and it wasn't them, that we know.

And yes, it DOES make a difference as to who was in the house.

It certainly does! There was a killer in the house, let's give him credit for writing the ransom note.

narlacat said:
PR could not be excluded as the writer of the note, it's that simple.
SuperDave said:
John and Burke were in the house as well, and it wasn't them, that we know.
Yep, exactly the point, NC and SD.

Here was a suspect not excluded by any of the expert document examiners, not even the ones hired by her own lawyers, and this suspect just happened to have been in the house and left evidence all over the crime scene. Wow, what are the odds of that?

That's the only statistic that matters here.

"Here was a suspect not excluded by any of the expert document examiners, not even the ones hired by her own lawyers, and this suspect just happened to have been in the house and left evidence all over the crime scene. Wow, what are the odds of that?"

Not just that! Her interviews! My GOD...she sounds just like the note writer! Same verbal pirouettes and everything.

narlacat said:
Spin it anyway you want Maikai.
PR could not be excluded as the writer of the note, it's that simple.

Maybe you missed this:

http://www.acandyrose.com/w1.gif

And this:

http://www.acandyrose.com/w3.gif

I heard Steve Thomas make that statement more then once, and Dan Abrams called him on it. There is a high probability Patsy did not write the note, since she scored very low in that area, and some have downright excluded her. There are others that scored higher then she did.

Maikai said:
I heard Steve Thomas make that statement more then once, and Dan Abrams called him on it. There is a high probability Patsy did not write the note, since she scored very low in that area, and some have downright excluded her. There are others that scored higher then she did.
I didn't know that. Can you tell me who?

"There is a high probability Patsy did not write the note, since she scored very low in that area, and some have downright excluded her."

Pardon me:

Tom Miller - American School of Investigative Services: "It is my professional opinion that Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note."

It should be noted that John Ramsey sicced a bunch of lawyers and PIs to get him for saying that!

Cina L. Wong, Court Qualified Document Examiner: "It is my professional opinion that Patsy Ramsey very likely wrote the ransom note"

David Liebman, President of NADE, "In my professional opinion, Patsy Ramsey is the ransom note writer".

Ted Widmer, Chairman of the Grapholocial Society of San Francisco and author of the Book "Crime and Penmanship" spent days poring over samples. "Widmer echoed the conclusions of former detective Steve Thomas, who revealed that 24 of the alphabet's 26 letters (found in the ransom note) looked as if they had been written by Patsy. Her left hand-writing sample is very revealing. The word "carefully in the first line is an exact match. Same is true for the word "faction" and on an on. Most revealing are the percent signs in both Patsy's sample and the ransom note. They are a match.

Gideon Epstein - Handwriting Expert "I am absolutely certain that Patsy wrote the note. That's 100% certainty."

SERAPH profiling report: she wrote it.

Patsy's own experts do not rule her out, even though they tried.

Chet Ubowski: ""This handwriting showed indications that the writer was Patsy Ramsey. Ubowski told investigators that the samples she gave "do not suggest the full range of her handwriting."

"There are others that scored higher then she did."

I always hear that, but I have yet to hear anyone say who.

Our friend BlueCrab will agree with this: no intruder would write a note that POINTS to an intruder!

"Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, therefore I cannot choose the wine in front of you. But you would have known I was not a great fool. You would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!"

shiloh said:
And ST came to his own hasty conclusions the day Patsy said she did not kill her baby. He "swung his head around" and took that as a confession, since nobody suggested that she had. But for some reason, he did not have the same reaction to the naked photographer running through the town making the same proclamation. Nobody suggested he killed her, either.
This was one thing which struck Steve Thomas as odd, and has to be seen in context of the many other pieces of circumstantial evidence pointing to the Ramseys. ST was not the type to draw hasty conclusions either, at least that's not the impression I got from reading his book. Quite the contrary: Thomas and his colleagues interviewed tons of people, including known pedophiles, took their blood and fingerprint samples, etc. Unlike Lou Smit who was bent on the intruder theory alone, they investigated other leads too.
Just curious, shiloh: have you read what the FBI's CASKU experts had to say about the circumstantial evidence in the JBR case?

SuperDave,great post--I continue to be very impressed with your extensive knowledge of this case

Thanks, Peter.

Look, I don't claim ST to be a saint. Far from it, in fact. But he's no devil, either. He's human, like all of us. Quite frankly, he did a few things I'm not too enamored with, and I'm not so sure I buy his theory.

But, who knows?

My :twocents:

SuperDave said:
Thanks, Peter.

Look, I don't claim ST to be a saint. Far from it, in fact. But he's no devil, either. He's human, like all of us. Quite frankly, he did a few things I'm not too enamored with, and I'm not so sure I buy his theory.

But, who knows?

My :twocents:
Steve Thomas was a dedicated detective who smelled a rat right from the beginning in this case. He shouldn't have leaked info to the media though.

The problem I have with ST's theory: he at one time mentioned that the injury to JB's vagina might have been some kind of a corporal punishment because of her bedwetting. But that punishment would not have killed Jon Benet. So where does the head blow come in?
In another part of his book, Thomas outlines a diffferent scenario: that the head blow came first. But this would not fit with what he said about the vaginal injury before.

"He shouldn't have leaked info to the media though."

Agreed. And he shouldn't get a pass on it. But his offenses were nothing compared to the grievous offenses committed by Smit and the DA.

"The problem I have with ST's theory: he at one time mentioned that the injury to JB's vagina might have been some kind of a corporal punishment because of her bedwetting. But that punishment would not have killed Jon Benet. So where does the head blow come in?
In another part of his book, Thomas outlines a diffferent scenario: that the head blow came first. But this would not fit with what he said about the vaginal injury before."

I think he means the vaginal injury led to the head blow. That's what Richard Krugman seemed to think.

rashomon said:
The problem I have with ST's theory: he at one time mentioned that the injury to JB's vagina might have been some kind of a corporal punishment because of her bedwetting. But that punishment would not have killed Jon Benet.
No, but a child abuser could, and this 'punishment' is child abuse.

SuperDave said:
But his offenses were nothing compared to the grievous offenses committed by Smit and the DA.
How true. Who did more damage to the case? Who obstructed and sabotaged it? It sure as heck wasn't Thomas.

Anyway, leaks aren't lies. Leaks didn't necessarily hurt the case, certainly not as much as just making up like Lou Smit did.

Britt said:
How true. Who did more damage to the case? Who obstructed and sabotaged it? It sure as heck wasn't Thomas.

Anyway, leaks aren't lies. Leaks didn't necessarily hurt the case, certainly not as much as just making up like Lou Smit did.

Damn straight, Britt! And he should be punished for it.

I will say this: I don't approve of leaks, if for no other reason, it gives the suspect too much information of what you have. I mean, you don't hold your hole card up for all to see in blackjack!

Still, Hunter was GIVING them all this stuff! Maybe he was doing it because he thought they could help. Maybe to force a plea bargain. But the damage was done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back