Consumer Reports Tests Infomercial Products

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Dark Knight, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

In recent years, Consumer Reports has turned up a mix of "miracle" gadgets and goops that deceived, delivered, or landed somewhere in between. Read on for a roundup. Products are current, though packaging might have changed. Prices don't include shipping, which can hike the cost a lot. Freebies are often included.

List of product tests at the link:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/324/should-you-buy-this-now/

2. Loading...

3. ziggy

ziggy New Member

Wow very cool. I bought the bump-its and the bra strap things and a smooth away (which only works on the fine facial hair and not that well). They all work OK but getting reviews before buying is very helpful!

4. Celt1997

Celt1997 New Member

I love the review about the Snuggie. My Mom got one for Christmas and her first thing was, "It's too long to walk around in." Which is the same criticism I saw from Consumer Reports.

Am I the only one who realizes that it's NOT meant to walk around in! It's a blanket with sleeves. Of course the back is exposed because...it's a BLANKET with sleeves! Last I checked blankets didn't have backs.

It drives me crazy that they are criticizing something for features it's not meant to have!

:banghead:

Seriously, Americans have come to the point where they can't grasp something so simple?

5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

LOL! They have blankets with sleeves that you can walk around in and the backside isn't open, they are called bathrobes!!!! :crazy:

6. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

My daughter got me one for xmas... called a "snuggly wuggly". My son laughed... went and got his bathroom and put it on backwards and says, "Now I have one too!"

LOL! Smart a$$... LOL

7. Dark Knight

Dark Knight New Member

lol!!!!!!!!!

8. essies

essies "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

9. SallyLu

SallyLu New Member

Oooh, the Snuggie adverts remind me of a cult. What's with the arm waving? - That's weirder than the Snuggie!