Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by peeples, Mar 30, 2011.
I just heard about this earlier today. It was in the IV feeding solution. It has been recalled and everyone who was affected has been notified, they believe.
My 56 year old brother in law was one of the nine. He died on March 14th.
Ohh 8paws i'm so sorry!!!!
Thank you Peeples. We are in shock and grief. He had surgery on March 2nd, became sick with infection a couple days later.
So sorry 8paws!
My sister is freaking out. Her two boys (19 & 16) have osteoimperfecta (brittle bone) and they have to travel to Birmingham every 3 months for infusions. They are going Wednesday.
She called the yesterday and they assured her that it was only the nutritional solution that was from that one pharmacy that was affected. They do not use that pharmacy and the medicine the boys get is not nutritional supplement. But, as a mother, she would rather wait a while and let this settle down. But, they will pull out early Wednesday morning for their long trip.
Praying for all involved in this. It's horrible.
Thank you Kimber. It's just devastating. Good luck to your sister and children. But I think they have the contaminated bags under control now. I know it's still scary though.
Thank you! :smile:
omg! I am so sorry for your loss! :hug:
Thank you Onelostgrl. It's hard. He was very full of life and very loved by the entire family. We were just trying to come to terms with his unexpected death and then found out about the IV Bag contamination. He was the only one to die at that hospital. Three were affected.
I can't even begin to imagine what you and your family must be going through! :hug:
So very sorry Paws!
Separate names with a comma.