Convicted murderer who ‘momentarily died’ claims life sentence has been served

margarita25

Reaction score
Convicted murderer who ‘momentarily died’ claims life sentence has been served

“According to the Iowa Court of Appeals, Schreiber “claims he momentarily died at the hospital, thereby fulfilling his ‘life’ sentence … Because his sentence has been fulfilled, he argues, he is imprisoned illegally and should be immediately released.”

A district court previously denied Schreiber’s motion. And on Wednesday, the Iowa Court of Appeals upheld the lower court’s decision.”

I seriously think he has a claim, at least to be looked at. Technically he did died. As such, he has fulfilled his sentence.
On that same breath, apparently he has a DNR, and they brought him back, I am not sure if that is a fact, or was inserted when I was hearing about this case on the radio. Interesting case. I did liked the court of appear ruling, if alive he should be in jail, if not alive the appear can not be heard. Black and white, lol

If I could I would commute his life sentence in a death sentence....this is what this untermensch deserves.

A life sentence always lasts for life whatever the length of the minimum term. When a court passes a life sentence it means that the offender will be subject to that sentence for the rest of their life. An example of a life sentence can be; 'the 30 year old man was sentenced to 120 years in jail'. The 30 year old man cannot live for another 120 years, therefore the man has a life sentence.
Types of sentence sentence/life-sentences/

Now talking about this particular man. For a person to be dead they need to be medically pronounced as 'dead'. It is unlikely that this man was pronounced dead as he is still living. Unless this man fakes his death the penalty probably will not be removed.

EDIT: Just realised I'm a year late

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back