Cops Pull Over Boy, 3, Driving Along Highway in Toy Mustang GT

Reminds me of when we found my brother, about 3, wearing my mom's shoes, a diaper and tee shirt, carrying her purse, toddling down the shoulder of a busy street. We were at my grandparents in Phoenix. My mom thought he was with my dad and grandpa and my dad thought he was with my mom and grandma at opposite ends of the house. The minute we discovered he was missing we fanned out and found him, not too far away but in a potentially life-ending situation, for sure.

I guess they all should have been locked up :-( I'm sure today that would be everyone's reaction. Every time something like this happens the first thing people do is rake the parents over the coals. I'm glad they weren't though. The scare was enough and I know they doublechecked him a lot after that. Still, he got in near-misses all his life - he was that kind of kid - snuck out windows, started the car in the driveway...all kinds of stuff. My parents were half-crazed trying to keep up with him. I will never believe they were bad parents.

Eve

I think it's a pretty cute story. Yes I was releved he was okay...but I just have to laugh about the stop signs and such...

Of course, you would know he was driving a redneck caddilac! :D

Don't they have Covettes there? ;)

Cal

Redneck Cadillac? I've never heard that one before.

Yes, we have cadillacs where I live but we prefer Mustangs.

Of course, you would know he was driving a redneck caddilac! :D

Don't they have Covettes there? ;)

Cal

Actually, I think the one my neighbor's grandson has is a Corvette, but I couldn't find the Corvette on Toys R Us's site, maybe that was last year's model!

My children would've killed for one of those ride-in cars when they were young.

I never heard of a Mustang being a redneck cadillac.

We just got my son a Lightning McQueen Power wheels for his 3rd birthday in July. He loves it, but he is only allowed to ride it in the backyard. Unless my husband is with him because he can run faster than me.

Those things can go 5 mph normally, but if his is modified it could go faster, you can replace the batteries in them. Thank goodness those kids are ok.

Okay, I have a 4 year old and he would totally do this! Which is why he doesn't have a car. I don't even trust him on his bike or scooter! For one, he's a boy, and two, he's a Dennis the Menace. You just can't trust kids under the age of 7 or 8 IMO. I have a 12 yo, 8yo and 4yo. There are days my 12yo does things and I'm thinking, "aren't you old enough??" Next, maybe I am old fashioned, but I can't imagine spending that type of money on a child that age - is he getting a mazerati on his 16th birthday?? I got a Jeep wrangler for my daughter when she was 3, because I was pregnant with a boy and wanted to ensure I could pass it along - this is why she didn't get the Barbie jeep. I guess I'm too money conscious...

Ford must be endorsing a line of these little vehichles, my daughter babysits for a little boy and he has a shiny, new Ford F150 silver pick up. He is only 15 months old and can only go around and around in a circle until everyone watching gets dizzy.

This is the cutest story!

Yes it could have been tragic....BUT IT WASN'T, was it?

I can't even begin to tell you the stories from my childhood....with REAL cars!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back