Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #4

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

This is the 11 designated for China travel- same as DOD installation connections.

• John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York
    • Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Illinois
    • San Francisco International Airport (SFO), California
    • Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), Washington
    • Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL), Hawaii
    • Los Angeles International Airport, (LAX), California
    • Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Georgia
    • Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD), Virginia
    • Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), New Jersey
    • Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), Texas
    • Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW), Michigan

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

(e.d. mainland ex Hubei cases just added within last hour) All from Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

Feb 13-14 - China’s National Health Commission reports 267 new cases and 5 new deaths on the mainland, excluding Hubei province. 4,823 new cases and 116 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (e.d. we were told by WHO that all retrospective cases were lumped into yesterday... so these numbers need to be compared to increase from Feb 11-12 below? Hope they answer tomorrow in 10 am meeting)

Feb 12-13 - China’s National Health Commission reports 312 new cases and 12 new deaths on the mainland, excluding Hubei province. 14,840 new cases, including clinically diagnosed cases, and 242 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

Feb 11-12 - China’s National Health Commission reports 377 new cases and 3 new deaths across the mainland, excluding Hubei province. The deaths were in Henan province, Hunan province, and Chongqing. (Source) 1,638 new cases and 94 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

Feb 10- 11 - China’s National Health Commission reports 370 new cases and 5 new deaths on the mainland excluding Hubei province. . Of the deaths, one each in: Beijing, Tianjin, Heilongjiang province, Anhui province, and Henan province. (Source) 2,097 new cases and 103 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

Feb 9-10 - China’s National Health Commission reports 419 new cases and 6 new deaths excluding Hubei province.. Their locations have not yet been disclosed, except for the fatalities: 2 in Anhui province and 1 each in Anhui, Heilongjiang, Jiangxi, Hainan, and Gansu provinces. (Source) 2,531 new cases and 91 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

Feb 8-9 - China’s National Health Commission reports 441 new cases and 7 new deaths across the mainland excluding Hubei province. . Their locations have not yet been disclosed, except for the fatalities: 2 in Henan province, 1 in Hebei province, 1 in Heilongjiang province, 1 in Anhui province, 1 in Shandong province, and 1 in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. (Source) 2,156 new cases and 82 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS with todays update (screenshot hard to see unless you click on..it's not a black box)

asof2-13mainland.JPG

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    margarita25, Amonet, Hatfield and 6 others like this.
  3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Me too!

Amonet, Hatfield, Tadpole12 and 2 others like this.
  4. dixiegirl1035

Dayum, Well, it took some time for us to catch on! Thanks for getting us all on track to "get it" . The jarheads are on it! Semper Fi!

It's not a conspiracy, but yet, I do believe that this has been a master plan which the MSM is not reporting on loudly (was mentioned upthread, and now I believe they aren't "publicizing as they don't wanna get panic/economic collapse. As with many cases, I'm back over to the other side of the fence now)

5. What if...

What if... Well-Known Member

I imagine they’ll have to give it a makeover and a name change at minimum!

I also imagine that after going through such an ordeal, most of those passengers won’t be repeat customers. I know if I were quarantined on that ship, I’d be asking for anxiety meds to be delivered with every meal! Most of those cabins are designed to really be nothing more than sleeping quarters - very small, no windows. It has to feel like being in a prison cell and all the while knowing you’re caught up in a chance game of viral roulette. I honestly can’t imagine.

Tbone144, Amonet, Hatfield and 7 others like this.
  6. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Maybe the ship will be ok because I’m horrified to read comments from people online who can’t wait to fly on the Boeing Max planes when they go back in service for the cheap tickets.

I can’t imagine being brave enough to go on holiday by flying on a Boeing Max and then go on a cruise on the Diamond Princess. I’m very risk averse.

Amonet, Gone Girl, Hatfield and 9 others like this.
  7. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

Did other recent viruses attack cats and dogs?
    Please somebody tell me no.
    I've not heard of this, with prior viruses.
    I personally, could not stand the Chinese people throwing their pets off high rises due to RUMORS that they could infect you and your family.
    RUMORS!
    We in the United States have very little knowledge of the Chinese Culture.
    The only thing we know, is that they live in a communistic ruled country.
    I am thankful, that I do not.

margarita25, Amonet, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  8. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

The Daily Mail is a disgusting disgrace to intelligent people.
    They post headlines about the current news of world leaders, along nearly nude photos of the Kardashian Girls daily.
    However, it all works apparently.
    Photos of nearly nude women, next to political commentary is making them rich.
    SIGH. Maybe it's always been like this?
    Men like sex and politics ?? Like a whole lot?
    Anyway, back to the problem at hand.
    The Daily Mail is interesting, but, not representative of normal intelligent people.
    I hope.

Chelly, margarita25, Amonet and 7 others like this.
  9. dixiegirl1035

A respiratory Coronavirus...
    Domestic dogs and cats, not that I've ever heard of. But that doesn't mean that is correct. . Now that you say that, I remember when Ben was walking to the evacuation plane or when he was shopping, I can't remember, he passed a little cute white dog on the street. And he mentioned that he wasn't going to approach it like it was a big deal. So, I don't know. Something to look into as far as their culture or what misconceptions they may have? Or what knowledge we don't have here on the thread?

Amonet, Hatfield, Tadpole12 and 3 others like this.
  10. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Amonet, Hatfield, Tadpole12 and 5 others like this.
  11. margarita25

World experts and funders set priorities for COVID-19 research
    12 February 2020
    News release
    Geneva, Switzerland

“Leading health experts from around the world have been meeting at the World Health Organization’s Geneva headquarters to assess the current level of knowledge about the new COVID-19 disease, identify gaps and work together to accelerate and fund priority research needed to help stop this outbreak and prepare for any future outbreaks.

The 2-day forum was convened in line with the WHO R&D Blueprint – a strategy for developing drugs and vaccines before epidemics, and accelerating research and development while they are occurring.”
    -much more at link

—-

Bringing forward all the Situation Reports available to date:

Situation report - 24
    Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    13 February 2020

Situation report - 23
    Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    12 February 2020

Situation report - 22
    Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
    11 February 2020

Situation report - 21
    10 February 2020

Situation report - 20
    9 February 2020

Situation report - 19
    8 February 2020

Situation report - 18
    7 February 2020

Situation report - 17
    6 February 2020
    Situation report - 16 - Erratum
    5 February 2020

Situation report - 15
    4 February 2020

Situation report - 14 - Erratum
    3 February 2020

Situation report - 13
    2 February 2020

Situation report - 12
    1 February 2020

Situation report - 11
    31 January 2020

Situation report - 10
    30 January 2020

Situation report - 9
    29 January 2020

Situation report - 8
    28 January 2020

Situation report - 7
    27 January 2020

Situation report - 6
    26 January 2020

Situation report - 5
    25 January 2020

Situation report - 4
    24 January 2020

Situation report - 3
    23 January 2020

Situation report - 2
    22 January 2020

Situation report - 1
    21 January 2020

—-

PAHO prepares 8 Caribbean countries for laboratory diagnosis of new coronavirus
    Washington D.C., 12 February 2020
    https://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?o...gnosis-of-new-coronavirus&Itemid=1926&lang=en

—-

World experts and funders set priorities for COVID-19 research
    12 February 2020

PAHO prepares 8 Caribbean countries for laboratory diagnosis of new coronavirus
    12 February 2020

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on Ebola and COVID-19 outbreaks
    12 February 2020 I Speech

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on 2019 novel coronavirus
    11 February 2020 I Speech

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the research and innovation forum on novel coronavirus
    11 February 2020 I Speech

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on 2019 novel coronavirus
    10 February 2020 I Speech

Well-prepared laboratories are first line of defence against novel coronavirus in Europe
    10 February 2020

Online training as a weapon to fight the new coronavirus
    7 February 2020

7 February 2020 I Speech

WHO Director-General's briefing to the Executive Board on outbreak of 2019 novel coronavirus
    7 February 2020 I Speech

New coronavirus: Fiocruz, Ministry of Health of Brazil and PAHO provide training in laboratory diagnosis in nine countries
    7 February 2020

WHO to accelerate research and innovation for new coronavirus
    6 February 2020

PAHO providing technical cooperation to countries on novel coronavirus
    6 February 2020

US$675 million needed for new coronavirus preparedness and response global plan
    5 February 2020

The African region reinforces preparedness for novel coronavirus
    5 February 2020

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the technical briefing on 2019 novel coronavirus
    4 February 2020 I Speech

Statement on the second meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) Emergency Committee regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
    30 January 2020

WHO Director-General's statement on IHR Emergency Committee on Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
    30 January 2020 I Speech

International Health Regulations Emergency Committee on novel coronavirus in China
    29 January 2020

Press briefing on WHO Mission to China and novel coronavirus outbreak
    29 January 2020 I Speech

WHO confirms first case of novel coronavirus in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
    29 January 2020

WHO, China leaders discuss next steps in battle against coronavirus outbreak
    28 January 2020

Readiness is the key to detect, combat spread of the new coronavirus in South-East Asia Region
    27 January 2020

WHO’s Eastern Mediterranean Region scales up preparedness for novel coronavirus
    27 January 2020

Statement on the meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) Emergency Committee regarding the outbreak of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
    23 January 2020

WHO Director-General's statement on the advice of the IHR Emergency Committee on Novel Coronavirus
    23 January 2020 I Speech

Mission summary: WHO Field Visit to Wuhan, China
    22 January 2020

WHO Director-General's statement on IHR Emergency Committee on Novel Coronavirus
    22 January 2020 I Speech

Coronavirus outbreak shows Asia needs to step up infection preparation
    15 January 2020

WHO statement on novel coronavirus in Thailand
    13 January 2020

WHO statement regarding cluster of pneumoniamonia cases in Wuhan, China
    9 January 2020

Amonet, Hatfield, Tadpole12 and 6 others like this.
  12. gregjrichards

The World Health Organization has said there is no evidence to indicate that the virus – which has killed more than 1,300 people and infected well over 50,000 – can affect pets, the UK’s Sun reported.

But China’s National Health Commission disagrees.

“If pets go out and have contact with an infected person, they have the chance to get infected,”
    said spokesman and epidemiologist Li Lanjuan.

“By then, pets need to be isolated. In addition to people, we should be careful with other mammals especially pets,” he added.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/nypo...aring-face-masks-amid-coronavirus-crisis/amp/

The conflicting information won’t be helping the situation for pets in China.

Amonet, galiuro1, Hatfield and 7 others like this.
  13. gregjrichards

Amonet, KALI, galiuro1 and 9 others like this.
  14. margarita25

COVID-19: Cambodian authorities to test passengers from Westerdam cruise ship

—-

Novel coronavirus 'is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year,' CDC director says - CNN
    Thu February 13, 2020

—-

“In the Chinese special administrative region of Macao -- the world's biggest gambling center -- the government has announced it would hand out $275 million in vouchers to help try to boost the economy during the outbreak.

In a statement Thursday, the Macao government called on its citizens to spend up by sending every resident a $374 electronic voucher which can only be used in a three-month period.

It will also provide a $75 healthcare voucher for every Macao permanent resident, as well as discussing further tax cuts and housing subsidies.”

Coronavirus live updates: Cases rise to more than 65,000 globally - CNN

—-

Global novel coronavirus death toll reaches 1,383 as China purges officials in Hubei - CNN
    February 14, 2020

—-

Dr. Marc Siegel: 'I'm becoming more concerned' about coronavirus outbreak
    3 hours ago

—-

China Expands Chaotic Dragnet in Coronavirus Crackdown
    Published Feb. 13, 2020
    Updated Feb. 14, 2020,

“The “wartime” campaign to round up all who might be sick was extended to cities beyond the epicenter, even as it was marred by confusion that has isolated vulnerable patients and left some to die.”

—-

Coronavirus live updates: Singapore braces for more cases, Chinese city bans dining out
    PUBLISHED THU, FEB 13
    UPDATED AN HOUR AGO

“As the virus spreads outside the city of Wuhan, Chinese officials said at a meeting Wednesday that regions that are hardest hit by the disease must take immediate measures in screening, quarantine and medical treatment modeled after the response in Wuhan. That’s according to an English-language press release from China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The meeting of the national-level virus response group, chaired by Premier Li Keqiang, also ordered local governments to use targeted response measures, rather than blanket, one-size-fits-all policies. The meeting did recommend local authorities use big data technology for tracing the transmission of the disease through contact, and monitoring those at risk for contracting it.

[​IMG]
    Coronavirus by the numbers; wartime measures in China

Some places in China have already been asking locals to enter some personal identification information into an app before taking public transit, or entering shopping centers.”

Amonet, Hatfield, Tadpole12 and 5 others like this.
  15. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

Dixiegirl.
    It's times like this, that I appreciate the strong government of the USA.
    I am a legal immigrant.
    An immigrant nevertheless, .
    I appreciate the current strong protection for all of us in this country.
    From our leaders.
    I really think, that we will be as protected as can be.
    I feel happy to know that.
    I cannot express how sad and worried I am about what China is doing.
    Their citizens seem to be just numbers from their government.
    God bless their brave health care workers on the front lines.
    I hope, Sincerely, that the ill recover.

Tutter, Amonet, Hatfield and 7 others like this.
  16. margarita25

The Chinese medical workers on the front line of the coronavirus fight in Wuhan

HayLouise, Amonet, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  17. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

Do none of you websleuths think that it's amazingly weird that 50 million people are in quarantine...and we hear nothing?
    Really?

18. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Very thankful for researchers and technicians that have been working steadily, perhaps with almost no sleep to combat this virus. Special virtual hugs to the doctors, nurses, caregivers and ambulance technicians who also put themselves in harm's way just doing their jobs. True calling, so thankful.

margarita25, galiuro1, Amonet and 6 others like this.
  19. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I think it’s very weird. But the govt there has censored almost everything. It is very very hard to access the freedom of the internet/press from there.

We’ve seen how the few that do try to find a way are “dealt with”. I think we just understandably struggle with this concept as people who don’t live in that kind of country.

MOO

JudgeJoe, Lynetta, Tutter and 10 others like this.
  20. RobinCAL

RobinCAL Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.