Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

Doesn't your office require masks? every physician office or hospital visit I have had during the pandemic- masks are required:: you wont be seen unless you are masked. I admire you dealing with these remarkably dense selfish people. IMO they don't deserve the treatment they are getting--- I guess it is a good thing I am not in the medical field LOL- cause I would probably tell them a thing or two

2. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

We have a sign on the outside of the door that says masks are required. But most patients walk in maskless. Even those who have had positive COVID tests! We of course hand them a mask right away. If they refuse to put it on we do not see them and they need to leave the clinic.

3. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

I wondered the same thing. Any medical or dental appointments that DH and I have had since March, 2020 have required masks for entry to the building or office. DH has to wear a mask when he goes to the gym/swimming becuase the health club is in a Beaumont medical facility. My PCP's exterior office door is kept locked. Patients must remain in their vehicle and call the office to let staff know of their arrival. When they're ready for you, you proceed to the entrance wearing your mask. Your temperature is taken at the door before you can enter the vestibule. If you have a fever or other indicators of possible illness, you must return to your vehicle and wait for a call with instructions. No one is seated in the waiting room, and patients remain in an exam room for the duration of their visit. If you need labs, techs perform those in exam room instead of lab. If you need to pay for your visit, nurse takes your check or credit card; no transactions at the reception desk. Dentist's office had similar protocols.

4. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

Good for you. Thats how it is here too, altho to be fair most people wouldnt go in without a mask (you know us, follow orders, form an orderly queue etc :D)...

5. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

That’s crazy. Wonder why they are coming to the clinic when they have an “imaginary” illness? I have to focus sometimes on keeping my mouth shut, so I’d have a hard time being polite.
    Do they offer any mental health days? The clinic where my nephew works is letting them take two extra days off a month but they’re so short staffed he feels guilty taking it. :(

6. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

7. MimosaMornings

Israel finds COVID-19 vaccine booster significantly lowers infection risk

Israel started administering third jabs to over 60-year-olds on July 30. On Thursday it dropped the age of eligibility for a booster to 40, and included pregnant women, teachers and health care workers below that age. Third doses are given only to those who received their second shot at least five months ago.

Israel is talking about getting ready for a fourth shot rollout...

8. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

Thinking about these sick or dead covid deniers last night, I remembered that old Monty Python and Holy Grail sketch where a knight refuses to let King Arthur cross over a little bridge: "I move for no man." Arthur cuts off one arm: 'Tis but a scratch', cuts off the other arm 'It's just a flesh wound', loses one leg 'I'm invincible, the Black Knight always triumphs!'...

9. ilovewings

Do some refuse to put the mask on??

roche.analisa, Lilibet and Cool Cats like this.
  10. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Some have. But when we tell them they can’t be in the clinic without a mask they do put it on. Sometimes they tell us, “Don’t you know masks don’t work?” or some similar comment.

11. ilovewings

Oh well, I guess you just have to roll your eyes LOL

12. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

13. WichitaFalls

WichitaFalls Well-Known Member

I can only imagine what working in that environment must be like. I don't think I would be able to do it. There are so many times I read a story about a "against the vaccine person" only to find they now have COVID and they wish they had taken the vaccine. I pretty much just smh . . . You don't deserve awful day after awful day due to people that have been told over and over, please take this effective, free, easy to access vaccination. What self inflicted madness we're living through.

14. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

15. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

My goodness! What were they getting paid for that service which cost them their careers!

16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

oh is that him in the hospital? taking up a bed? and he's allowed to stay there without masking? why? kick him out

17. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

In my opinion, he should not be given a bed in the hospital. But I've become ruthless toward those who claim covid is a hoax and then expect health care workers to keep him alive.

18. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

ITA!

19. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Similarly, when I logged on to my 'myGov' online account to see if my covid vaccinations had been recorded, I was happy to see that my annual flu shots and my recent MMR (due to new grandchild) were all recorded there as well.

I had these vaccinations all in different places ... dr office, different chemists/pharmacies, a respiratory clinic ... but they have all made it onto my record over the years.

CrimeAway, LadyL, JaneEyre and 6 others like this.
  20. MimosaMornings

Wow! That’s awesome to have a system in place to be able to access your vaccinations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.