Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting awfully close to anarchy IMO.
Be careful of Identity thieves too. It's getting ugly out there.

L.A. County wants to crack down on fake pop-up COVID testing sites | KTLA
Residents have been raising concerns about fake COVID-19 testing sites appearing as pop-up tents in different vacant areas, including in parking lots, L.A. County officials said.

People think that they’re going to a legitimate testing site and provide their personal information, then never get the result back, according to the office of L.A. County Supervisor Kathryn Barger, who introduced the motion.
Barger said constituents have also raised concerns about identity theft from the alleged fake test sites.

The biggest red flag to watch out for: people shouldn’t be asked to provide their social security numbers to get tested, officials said.

Oh dear! One of the servers has Covid and is working today- serving food! She was coughing with her mask down around her chin this morning- coughing up a lung it sounded like and telling one of the residents "yes, I got all my vaxxes but I still got it *cough* *cough*" I wondered why she was off yesterday but NOW she is back! It's criminal!
She delivers the meals to the rooms too, so I decided no meals delivered today to me...thank goodness I have plenty of frozen meals.
I feel bad for all those sitting ducks in the dining room.

*I was getting my morning coffee to-go, fully double masked N95 & cloth, couldn't get out of there fast enough*

Last edited:
Oh dear! One of the servers has Covid and is working today- serving food! She was coughing with her mask down around her chin this morning- coughing up a lung it sounded like and telling one of the residents "yes, I got all my vaxxes but I still got it *cough* *cough*" I wondered why she was off yesterday but NOW she is back! It's criminal!
She delivers the meals to the rooms too, so I decided no meals delivered today to me...thank goodness I have plenty of frozen meals.

*I was getting my morning coffee to-go, fully double masked N95 & cloth, couldn't get out of there fast enough*
Is there not a legal requirement there (I mean in your state generally) for people with covid to isolate? Its absolutely shocking!

I believe you can call the county health department and report violations/worries anonymously.
An employee reported violations (admin.) at my work.

Our director goes by what the CDC says...so if it's been 5 days, then this person can be back at work. She has been off for 5 days - so therefore I believe that nothing I say will fly. (she is off all week and works Fri-Sun only) My director just does not care!

So many in their rooms- I don't know who is sick or how many or how many are just staying in- I do know that a very sick resident came up to me to get his newspaper yesterday (yikes!) he said his wife and him were on antibiotics so they were getting better...needless to say my anxiety went through the roof. Like, go away with your mask falling off your nose!

I just think I will hibernate for another month!

Omicron variant spreads across China | NHK WORLD-JAPAN News

With the opening of the Beijing Winter Olympics getting near, Chinese authorities are becoming increasingly nervous about the spread of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus.

With around three weeks to go before the opening of the Olympics, the Chinese government is scrambling to rein in infections by banning entry into Beijing from the regions where new cases have been confirmed within a two-week period.

Same here in Florida--- pandemic----what pandemic!!!!!!
I havent had my hair done in 3_weeks cause even though all the
stylists at the salon are vaxxed and masked, Omicron scares me!!
Covid in general scares me! I haven't had my hair professionally done in over a year! I'm kind of proud of myself. I've learned to cut my own hair, color it and even add highlights! It looks really nice if you ask me. YouTube is my friend. LOL :D

Meanwhile..

California county leaves more than $10M worth of COVID protective gear out in the rain

SAN MATEO, Calif. -- Workers in California's San Mateo County are scrambling to clean up a mess uncovered by our sister station in San Francisco, KGO-TV's I-Team. More than $10 million worth of precious personal protective equipment-- purchased with your tax dollars - was left outside in the rain.

This seems hard to believe, but top county officials didn't know that thousands of boxes of PPE were moved outside and forgotten for months until the I-Team told them.

KGO-TV's Dan Noyes got a tip on a recent rainy day and went straight to the San Mateo County Event Center, Gate 9, and couldn't quite believe what he found. Thousands upon thousands of boxes containing all sorts of brand new personal protective equipment soaking in the rain; stacks of boxes collapsing, too many to count, some breaking open and spilling their contents.
Absolutely shameful!!!

Oh my word! Any chance you can contact the states health department about this?

I attended a funeral today. When my mother died in late 2020 due to a quick illness unrelated to Covid, we were in the middle of a strict lockdown. Covid death rates were at their highest. Officially, only 6 family members were allowed at the funeral. It had to be an outdoor only event. Churches were closed; masses held without audiences were streamed on SM. Wearing masks outdoors was mandatory. Today we have at least twice as many cases, but fewer deaths and looser measures. Only indoor mask mandate is in force, so I was surprised when everyone showed up masked (outside) for the start of this funeral. Then they crammed into a small-ish church for a mass. A minority of us chose to stay outside where the audio was also broadcast. People tend to drop their guard at events like this: there's handshaking, hugging,... I can only hope that no infections will follow.

You can't tell me I have to turn my lights out! I'll leave my lights on anytime I choose!

People who didn't comply I'm sure had a visit from the police. It was Americans' patriotic duty to help their community. Now it seems not many care about others or the community. Dog Eat Dog World. It is unsustainable and the hospital system will collapse due to others' selfishness.

Last edited:
Covid in general scares me! I haven't had my hair professionally done in over a year! I'm kind of proud of myself. I've learned to cut my own hair, color it and even add highlights! It looks really nice if you ask me. YouTube is my friend. LOL :D

Covid terrifies me!! When I got vaxxed in Feb I saw light at the end
of the tunnel-- never did I envision a year later there would be over
800,000 deaths, 40 percent of our citizens refusing to get vaxxed, and now
hospitals arecoverwhelmed to the point that not all people who have Covid can get treatment, and people who have conditions not related to Covid cannot get treatment--------I remain terrified of Covid and feel likeI am living a nightmare that wont end

Reminds me of this in Arizona
Dignity Health is a healthcare provider:/

"...those who [are] infected with coronavirus and feel well enough to work may request clearance to work from their manager. It adds that employees would need to wear an N-95 mask for 10 days after they tested positive."

Dignity Health allowing workers with 'mild' COVID symptoms, asymptomatic to work | Coronavirus in Arizona | azfamily.com
Dignity Health allowing workers with 'mild' COVID symptoms, asymptomatic to work

Our director goes by what the CDC says...so if it's been 5 days, then this person can be back at work. She has been off for 5 days - so therefore I believe that nothing I say will fly. (she is off all week and works Fri-Sun only) My director just does not care!

So many in their rooms- I don't know who is sick or how many or how many are just staying in- I do know that a very sick resident came up to me to get his newspaper yesterday (yikes!) he said his wife and him were on antibiotics so they were getting better...needless to say my anxiety went through the roof. Like, go away with your mask falling off your nose!

I just think I will hibernate for another month!
She can be back to work if her symptoms are resolving. If she is coughing up a storm her symptoms haven't gone away or resolved. So she shouldn't be back at work.

This is EXACTLY what I posted yesterday happen to my 80 ish neighbor. She still has no monoclonal antibodies.

Thank you d much, and I commend the author for bringing this to the public.

The government has greatly reduced the shipments to states. Many days in Dec, Zero where shipped. ...link to HHS site previous thread. In Sept the government stopped states from ordering direct. Moo...this was to shut down states offering pop up monoclonal antibody. These states had high positive rates.massive testing centers and free MA at pop ups. The death rates were low compared to national averages. Are we being denied treatment, we PAID billions for, could it be to force vaccination, did someone forget to order, are they trying to save money??? I ask my Congressmen those exact question, via email at 2am this morning.

US citizens spent billions to develops with drugs, grants to the companies and now we can't get them. I don't understand.

Pharmacies do NOT have the oral medication, limited MA at hospitals, are at the braking point, in my area. The government website says they do.

The crisis is due to lack of treatments, I'm seeing more vaccinated, in my friends circle, regardless therapeutics should be available to all.

Moo....

Me to, my stylist had "home dye kits" we could pick up and we could FaceTime her. She is a treasure.

This is EXACTLY what I posted yesterday happen to my 80 ish neighbor. She still has no monoclonal antibodies.

Thank you d much, and I commend the author for bringing this to the public.

The government has greatly reduced the shipments to states. Many days in Dec, Zero where shipped. ...link to HHS site previous thread. In Sept the government stopped states from ordering direct. Moo...this was to shut down states offering pop up monoclonal antibody. These states had high positive rates.massive testing centers and free MA at pop ups. The death rates were low compared to national averages. Are we being denied treatment, we PAID billions for, could it be to force vaccination, did someone forget to order, are they trying to save money??? I ask my Congressmen those exact question, via email at 2am this morning.

US citizens spent billions to develops with drugs, grants to the companies and now we can't get them. I don't understand.

Pharmacies do NOT have the oral medication, limited MA at hospitals, are at the braking point, in my area. The government website says they do.

The crisis is due to lack of treatments, I'm seeing more vaccinated, in my friends circle, regardless therapeutics should be available to all.

Moo....
Out of three companies making antibodies, only one works against omicron. The other two (Regeneron and Eli Lilly) don't work anymore. Omicron is too mutated. So there is a lot of demand yet little supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23