Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94 Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105

PLEASE NOTE:

Tricia set up the Covid forum for people who are genuinely concerned about Covid-19. It is not for anyone who is here with a view to minimizing its existence or downplaying the severity of it. Please know that MSM, scientists, politicians, government agencies worldwide are not involved in the biggest conspiracy in the history of man to convey the pandemic as more serious than it is.

If you aren't concerned about Covid-19, this Covid forum is not for you. There are lots of other Websleuths threads you can participate in that need your help.

Members whose posts seem designed to downplay the seriousness of the virus or the pandemic may experience a loss of posting privileges, whether a Thread Reply Ban or Time Out of minimum 1 week up to 3 months from the Websleuths forum.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:
Novak Djokovic Visa Canceled in Australia: Live Updates | AP News

This is disturbing, he KNEW he was positive for Covid, and continued to leave his home, meet with people.

People like this are sociopaths. Charge them, and jail them. People like this are spreading Covid.
My entire state is like that. No one quarantines or isolates or wears a mask. No contact tracing either. I was diagnosed with covid on Dec 23rd and have never heard a word from contact tracers. My doctor told me to isolate for 10 days, which of course I did. But no one checked. Our vaccinated rate is an abysmal 53%. This dude could come to SC and spread covid all he wants. No one cares around here. jmo

Quoting post from @CrimeAway ”I can't imagine how people today would cope if we were suddenly thrown into a WWII type situation.”

Seems a worrying proportion would leave the lights on.

You can't tell me I have to turn my lights out! I'll leave my lights on anytime I choose!

BOOM!!! Large crater is all that is left of street...

I don’t care about the bombs falling all around us, as long as my house isn’t hit it’s fiiiiine.

Thank you all! For close to two years I’ve been likening the sacrifices we are being asked to make during the pandemic to the sacrifices made during WWII. My mother walked the streets of Greenwich Village in NYC during WWII checking for light leaks from blackout shades or noncompliance. When I asked her why it was so important (I was born in 1946) she explained that any light showing would let enemy pilots know where to drop their bombs.

I expect there were rebels then who didn’t take kindly to the gov’t telling them what to do, just as today. We are at war now, and masks are our blackout blinds. Many of the same people who refused to wear masks because the gov’t mandated it are now refusing to get vaccinated simply because “No one is going to tell me what to do.” We are in a WWII situation medically, and too many people are coping by selfishly rebelling. They would probably do the same thing in a “real” war, just as you all described. :mad:
JMO

Will ship in 7 to 12 days. That's a long wait to process an order. Hopefully the USPS isn't processing these. We are looking at a potential 14 to 16 days wait.

We contracted with national pharmacies to provide testing and vaccine. This was highly successful. Why not contact this out to Amazon, they have perfected the order/ship/track service. They already have heavily discounted delivery contacts and I know I will receive my package or they will find it.

Scares me, they are using the post office doing this.

I waited 28days for a birthday gift for grandson. It showed on the USPS site it was at the PO. I went to the PO and was told....we'll never find it, you'll just have to wait till we get to that stack.

Senator says mail delivery issues spreading across Virginia
The senator says his team is working on the issue on the ground level.

“My hope is that the postal board that now has a majority Biden appointees will look at this top level management of the post office, including the postmaster general just to make sure that we can bring more efficiency,” Warner said.

Sen. Warner says he's 'cautiously optimistic' about mail in Charlottesville

Warner & Kaine Seek Answers on Mail Service Delays in the Central Virginia Region

Thank you all! For close to two years I’ve been likening the sacrifices we are being asked to make during the pandemic to the sacrifices made during WWII. My mother walked the streets of Greenwich Village in NYC during WWII checking for light leaks from blackout shades or noncompliance. When I asked her why it was so important (I was born in 1946) she explained that any light showing would let enemy pilots know where to drop their bombs.

I expect there were rebels then who didn’t take kindly to the gov’t telling them what to do, just as today. We are at war now, and masks are our blackout blinds. Many of the same people who refused to wear masks because the gov’t mandated it are now refusing to get vaccinated simply because “No one is going to tell me what to do.” We are in a WWII situation medically, and too many people are coping by selfishly rebelling. They would probably do the same thing in a “real” war, just as you all described. :mad:
JMO
My mom did the light patrol, as well.

I grew up in a cotton mill town, every factory had dark blue windows. It was a constant reminder, almost a memorial to WWII.

Will ship in 7 to 12 days. That's a long wait to process an order. Hopefully the USPS isn't processing these. We are looking at a potential 14 to 16 days wait.

We contracted with national pharmacies to provide testing and vaccine. This was highly successful. Why not contact this out to Amazon, they have perfected the order/ship/track service. They already have heavily discounted delivery contacts and I know I will receive my package or they will find it.

Scares me, they are using the post office doing this.

I waited 28days for a birthday gift for grandson. It showed on the USPS site it was at the PO. I went to the PO and was told....we'll never find it, you'll just have to wait till we get to that stack.

Senator says mail delivery issues spreading across Virginia
The senator says his team is working on the issue on the ground level.

“My hope is that the postal board that now has a majority Biden appointees will look at this top level management of the post office, including the postmaster general just to make sure that we can bring more efficiency,” Warner said.

Sen. Warner says he's 'cautiously optimistic' about mail in Charlottesville

Warner & Kaine Seek Answers on Mail Service Delays in the Central Virginia Region

I agree with you about potential shipping issues; but even before that, I’m expecting the website to crash.

It’s one central website for the whole country, right? I wish they could have done it by state, or even more local websites.

Even if done by city, here in NYC that will be millions of households trying to order.

I hope I’m wrong.

JMO
My mother talked about that sometimes. She is German. She, her mother, her sister and her brother huddled together throughout nights of pitch darkness, afraid of any spark of light. I think she remained afraid of the dark the rest of her life. I remember night lights being everywhere when I was a kid.

Covid is different though. An unseen enemy. We hide our dying and dead behind hospital walls where they remain unseen. I imagine people would respond differently if they witnessed the actual covid dying day after day, 870,000 so far in the US alone, right in their face, like my mom saw exploded buildings and body parts every day. jmo

I agree with you about potential shipping issues; but even before that, I’m expecting the website to crash.

It’s one central website for the whole country, right? I wish they could have done it by state, or even more local websites.

Even if done by city, here in NYC that will be millions of households trying to order.

I hope I’m wrong.
It's not just the website you have to worry about. How is the USPS going to cope with delivering hundreds of millions of tests while half their workers are out sick? I bet there is no UPS or FedEx option, either. jmo

I hope I’m wrong.

Moo...The site will crash within hours, days to repair, then weeks to get the kit. I don't think the PO tracks first class mail. No way to know if a loss, stolen or sitting at the PO. Who do we call?

I see a major fail in the making.

Our street had a problem with coupons in the mail. Each week we receive via mail a mailer with restaurant and store discount. Our new mail carrier didn't realize how much we valued Hardees, Wendy's and Family Dollar coupons. We would receive the packet but none of our coveted coupons. It turned into an issue, posted on the neighborhood site and quickly discovered many were as upset.

Many filed written complaints. We now get all our coupons every week.

Not got the warm and fuzzy with this and hoping I'm wrong.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member