Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well…..hubby just tested positive using at home test for Covid. He also took a test Friday upon returning from out of town and it was negative. Says he has body aches and was sweating buckets all night. He slept in our bed Friday night, but went upstairs to the guest room last night. He can quarantine with his own bath upstairs. I have packed him drinks/snacks and left them outside his door. I have lysoled all surfaces and cracked windows/some doors , using exhaust fans in baths and kitchen.
I have my next chemo scheduled for this coming Thursday. Last one was January 6th. My SIl (neurologist) asked his friend an internal medicine doc about this and he said if I show any symptoms I should go where they have monoclonal antibodies. How do I know where they have these.
Midgie, I hate to hear this . . . it sounds like you're taking all recommended steps to isolate your husband. Do you use a patient portal (online) with your oncology practice? If so write them of your current circumstances. If not, call their emergency telephone number. They should be able to guide you to where you can get monoclonal iv's if needed and what you need to do to get authorized if you need them. MOO but getting this information should be your immediate priority, you need a plan in place as soon as possible just in case. Take very good care of yourself. I'm hoping like crazy COVID stays away from you and your husband has a quick recovery. I'll be thinking of you.

Well…..hubby just tested positive using at home test for Covid. He also took a test Friday upon returning from out of town and it was negative. Says he has body aches and was sweating buckets all night. He slept in our bed Friday night, but went upstairs to the guest room last night. He can quarantine with his own bath upstairs. I have packed him drinks/snacks and left them outside his door. I have lysoled all surfaces and cracked windows/some doors , using exhaust fans in baths and kitchen.
I have my next chemo scheduled for this coming Thursday. Last one was January 6th. My SIl (neurologist) asked his friend an internal medicine doc about this and he said if I show any symptoms I should go where they have monoclonal antibodies. How do I know where they have these.

Very much hoping you don't catch it, @Midgie2.

It's important that you cracked windows and doors and are using fans.

If it's cold where you are, it would be good to buy an air purifier with a HEPA filter.

I’d call your drs office and your county health unit. They should ge able to guide you. Our state department of health and hospitals has a Covid dashboard where helpful data and resources are listed.

Excellent and dare I say uplifting video on how scientists and researchers are beginning to come to a consensus that we are moving into a endemic phase. He talks about how it may be similar to how we handle the flu.
If you want to skip the graphs and charts (which I find fascinating lol) You can go to the 8 minute 28 second mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will believe it when his butt is actually and finally out of Australia--he is a nasty
piecebof work!!!!

He should be in Dubai by now, on his way back to Europe.
He left Australia on a 10:30pm Emirates flight out of Melbourne last night (Sunday).
He issued a statement saying that he was going to respect the court's decision.

He wasn't the only Australian Open tennis player who was deported. There were 5 others as well - 4 European players and one official - all turned around and sent back to their countries for being unvaccinated.

We are happy that our border rules are being enforced.

It wouldn't be right to be letting non-qualifying unvaxxed people in, when the great majority (92.5%) of us here have cared enough to go and be double-jabbed.

He should have got vaccinated if he wanted a chance at that $4.1 million winner's pot, and not tried to skirt our laws with "previous infection" stuff.

imo

Last edited:
I eat way too much sugar-- all kinds of candy, cookies, etc and I am thin--
I crave sugar ----
Sugar, one of the worst poison to put in our body is super addictive so it's hard to say 'no'.
For my family, one of the easiest way to reduce sugar intake was to give up on all soft drinks (Cokes in our case) and most juices found in middle aisles in our supermarket, which should be called "comorbidities" aisle.

I eat way too much sugar-- all kinds of candy, cookies, etc and I am thin--
I crave sugar ----
I'm the same way. I can't buy it or that's what I'll automatically go to for a snack

ETA - making sure I drink at least 64 oz of water a day has helped me with sugar cravings or general snack cravings too

He should be in Dubai by now, on his way back to Europe.
He left Australia on a 10:30pm Emirates flight out of Melbourne last night (Sunday).
He issued a statement saying that he was going to respect the court's decision.

He wasn't the only Australian Open tennis player who was deported. There were 5 others as well - 4 European players and one official - all turned around and sent back to their countries for being unvaccinated.

We are happy that our border rules are being enforced.

It wouldn't be right to be letting non-qualifying unvaxxed people in, when the great majority (92.5%) of us here have cared enough to go and be double-jabbed.

He should have got vaccinated if he wanted a chance at that $4.1 million winner's pot, and not tried to skirt our laws with "previous infection" stuff.
I tried to stay up last night for the verdict but conked out. Great news greeted me this morning so all is good!
So he came to Australia for the tennis court but no, he spent most time in another type of Court.:)

Most states have an online, by zip locator. I wasn't able to find one central source. I Google locate monoclonal antibodies.

If you can't find, I 'll search, will need to know what state. May want to call for availability, since supplies area low in some areas.

Excellent and dare I say uplifting video on how scientists and researchers are beginning to come to a consensus that we are moving into a endemic phase. He talks about how it may be similar to how we handle the flu.
If you want to skip the graphs and charts (which I find fascinating lol) You can go to the 8 minute 28 second mark.

Very interesting discussion about the anticipated endemic stage of covid-19. During a bad flu season, he says that in the UK there are approximately 200-300 deaths a day from persons who are at high risk of serious outcomes if they get the flu. He says that will be the same with covid-19 during the endemic phase, that there will be about the same mortality rate from covid-19 as the flu -- and the same group of people who are at risk of serious complications from the flu are the same people who will be at risk for serious complications from covid-19.

He also noted that during flu season, no one wears a mask and practices social distancing. I wonder if that will change.

Three years is standard for a deportation.

The article mentions how that is not always upheld - but is reviewed on a case by case basis, if and when the person wants to come back.

I had a feeling that was why Djokovic issued his nicey-nice statement last night. To try to circumvent being kept away if he wants to try to return for the next Australian Open (if he gets vaccinated, or if the rules change).

imo

Three years is standard for a deportation.

The article mentions how that is not always upheld - but is reviewed on a case by case basis, if and when the person wants to come back.

I had a feeling that was why Djokovic issued his nicey-nice statement last night. To try to circumvent being kept away if he wants to try to return for the next Australian Open (if he gets vaccinated, or if the rules change).

I really hope Australia do keep him banned for 3 years,though I doubt they will.

I would also like to see him banned from Wimbledon this year.

Whatever happens he will be even more unpopular with the spectators whichever country he plays in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam