Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

I'm feeling better. Last night my temp was 96.4. I'm going to be ok. Thanks everyone for caring.
    Today's news was shocking and sad at the same time. All schools from K thru 12th grade are shut down. This is happening everywhere in the Puget Sound area.

What is also strange is over 10 nursing homes in the area have patients testing positive or have died for the virus. Today 3 residents of a nursing home in Stanwood WA have tested positive for the virus. 53 miles north from Seattle, WA. It's not just down the road. A person would have to go out of their way to drive there. I'm wondering if a food service co. delivers to all the nursing home in the area.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020

2. kodi

kodi Well-Known Member

Just jumping off your post...this, by far, is why we need to test and quarantine. If you don’t know you have it how do you know to quarantine? This aspect of it, is so incredibly frustrating to me.

3. Recidivist

Recidivist Well-Known Member

I am wondering how Tom Hanks & Mrs. Hanks were able to get their hands on test kits. Money talks?

x_files, HayLouise, Tadpole12 and 4 others like this.
  4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I know around my area they are still doing contact tracking. That is a daunting task. Not easy for everyone to recall every person they had contact with or every public venue they visited. After contacts are contacted, their contacts need to be tracked...and so it goes.

Tadpole12, dotr, pocketaccent and 4 others like this.
  5. otto

otto Verified Expert

One in seven need medical care and a percentage of them die. Many have acute respiratory disease, which will compromise their health for life. I posted the link yesterday or the day before.

80% don't need medical assistance, 20% do. When you look at the contagion level and the number of people of all age groups who need medical assistance, it overwhelms health care systems.

6. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

I'm not sure I could recall all my contacts from days and days ago. Unfortunately they can only trace contacts if a person has a test. With the lack of testing thus far, very few contacts are being traced.

7. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

On the online version of Cynthiana Democrat FB two doctors posted about their quarantine. The hospital also had to put several employees on leave and call in agency nurses.

8. otto

otto Verified Expert

It's like there are two schools of thought, the Chicken Pox crowd with young children, thinking they'll have covid-19 parties to build immunity, and those who will isolate and avoid the virus.

In 1918, the second wave was worse than the first, those who had it in the first wave had a better chance of surviving the second wave (only reference I have is the 1918 Pandemic video that was recently linked. I would like to see it again if anyone has the link.

9. otto

otto Verified Expert

Hold cash.

10. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Will the real Dr. Fauci please stand up. I’ve seen many predictions about fatalities here.

11. MJPeony

MJPeony SF Bay Area

That’s a good question- do we know who exactly needs testing.

My guess is that there are going to be a lot of paranoid hypochondriacs out there who want a COVID19 test just so they can “rest easy” (so they think- misguided),

BUT-

I also think many people who currently think they have “the flu” actually have the coronavirus. And those people need testing.

MOO.

12. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

But the ones I have seen who are knowingly in contact with a definite case are wearing the suits? Even the ones doing testing of possible cases are wearing masks, gowns, and gloves at the very least?

Of course you're right that some medical staff weren't kitted out in those outfits, cos they don't normally come into direct contact with anything worse than flu....and the ones who learn their patient that just died actually died from Covid-19 are having to go into self-isolation..some of them are already testing positive because they caught it from their patient. If they had known they were treating a patient with Covid-19 they would have had the full suits on and the patient in a negative pressure isolation unit.

13. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

14. Brit

Brit Well-Known Member

I think he is in Australia. Might be easier to get tested there.

15. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't feel on solid ground arguing against the things Dr Fauci said in the quotes you posted.

Tadpole12, Wyle_E_Coyote and Lilibet like this.
  16. Sundog

Sundog Well-Known Member

Tadpole12 likes this.
  17. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

18. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

ita and if a hypochondriac gets a Negative test result but should not have been tested, he’s likely to spread the virus, assuming he was prematurely tested, before incubation concluded.
    I bet a lot of people are in their recliner assuming they have the flu but have novel C.
    Where does testing end? If I’m tested tomorrow & I’m negative but Saturday I’m coughing, do I get tested again? Or? Theoretically one could get tested on Monday and contract the virus Tuesday.

Tadpole12, Tillicum, MJPeony and 4 others like this.
  19. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I think they're currently in Australia where they probably haven't had to use as many kits and had enough spare.

I believe the UK would also have been able to get them tested pretty quickly.

20. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

the system here works a lot quicker, apparently they have asked people to stop being asked to be tested for corona virus because people are panicing and asking for the test when they dont need it

HayLouise, Tadpole12, Amonet and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.