Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hoax is the mass hysteria of continuing to doom and gloom, not the virus, Just as our president said, but unfortunately some people only listen to the opinion news of the world, (CNN, etc). My state gives information, not opinion. We do not use could be, or might be, just the facts. The virus is to be taken serious, just as the flu, but the media as well as social media needs to always make a crisis out of everything. The virus has not disrupted my life, how kind of you to feel sorry for me, but I'm just fine. MOO

Dude, I haven't even looked at CNN.

But I have seen what's happening in Italy. I saw what happened in China. I am seeing what's going on in Iran. Etc.

I have also seen ignorant people equating this with the flu or calling it a hoax and thus doing things like touching every microphone at a press conference, mocking the calamity by wearing a gas mask on the House floor, or joking about social distancing on a national news broadcast, flying despite feeling ill and waiting for COVID19 results, touching their mouths and noses in public, before touching touch screens and doors, etc., and coughing and sneezing into the air or their hands before handing someone something, or touching surface.

It is ignorance that has caused this to be the disaster that it is, not fear.

The CDC states we should practice social distancing and stay 6 feet away form one another, to help stop this spread. is that a result of a hoax? Do you not understand how that necessary preventive action disrupts life as we know it?

Following is just a health tip, passed on by my SIL:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some good tips on prevention of caronavirus....

Received this from a friend who has a doctor friend. Sounds reasonable to me.

Subject Fwd:
This info is from my friend that works for CDC that passed this along to his family and friends.

I'm passing it along as well.. The new NCP coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days, how can one know if he/she is infected. By the time they have fever and/or cough and goes to the hospital, the lungs is usually 50 % Fibrosis and it's too late!

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stuffiness or tightness, etc.,it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicating no infection.

In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese Doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY.

Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least. WHY? Even if the virus gets into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your esophagus into the stomach. Once there in tummy...your stomach ACID will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly....the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS. That's very dangerous. Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone.”

Sent from my iPhone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the above as you see fit.

JMVHO.

THIS IS A HOAX AND HAS BEEN LINKED ON THIS THREAD SEVERAL TIMES. PLEASE GOOGLE. THANKS.

I want to point out to those watching this PC, whether or not you like or trust the president, most of us do trust these doctors on the task force. Whenever the president speaks, they constantly nod in agreement with him.

I hope this another of your jokes. This is not the time or place to tell people who have criticisms to leave the country.

It's really not. Other nations are having issues too and every citizen of every nation should have the right to expect better.

It's not a choice between acceptance of the way things are being handled or leave the country we love.

I forgot who it was on here...but you were concerned about the festival in Va Beach you were going to be catering at...welp...Its been CANCELLED until next year....Something in the Water. They just called it a few minutes ago.

Dude, I haven't even looked at CNN.

But I have seen what's happening in Italy. I saw what happened in China. I am seeing what's going on in Iran. Etc.

I have also seen ignorant people equating this with the flu or calling it a hoax and thus doing things like touching every microphone at a press conference, mocking the calamity by wearing a gas mask on the House floor, or joking about social distancing on a national news broadcast, flying despite feeling ill and waiting for COVID19 results, touching their mouths and noses in public, before touching touch screens and doors, etc., and coughing and sneezing into the air or their hands before handing someone something, or touching surface.

It is ignorance that has caused this to be the disaster that it is, not fear.

The CDC states we should practice social distancing and stay 6 feet away form one another, to help stop this spread. is that a result of a hoax? Do you not understand how that necessary preventive action disrupts life as we know it?
I'm not a dude, thank you! I've tried to explain the hoax behind the opinions, not the virus. If you didn't understand, than I can't explain it any better. MOO

I don't get it. It reminds me of people denying tragic events. People are dying. We should be concerned.

So many vulnerable lives are in the hands of people who may not be taking this seriously. I have several family members who are over 60 fighting cancer. One of whom additionally has pneumonia. I hope everyone will take the proper precautions for the many unfortunate people who are at risk and feel like sitting ducks.

Yes, I totally agree. Most of us the thread are prepared, knowledgeable, researched, and followed this from the beginning.

We have banned together with ideas, shared how to make sanitizer,suggested things we might need, discussed contingency plans, held each others while some have awaited testing or their family.

I was raised to be prepared and be prepared to help others, not all are cut from this cloth.

Moo

The hoax is the mass hysteria of continuing to doom and gloom, not the virus, Just as our president said, but unfortunately some people only listen to the opinion news of the world, (CNN, etc). My state gives information, not opinion. We do not use could be, or might be, just the facts. The virus is to be taken serious, just as the flu, but the media as well as social media needs to always make a crisis out of everything. The virus has not disrupted my life, how kind of you to feel sorry for me, but I'm just fine. MOO
I’m glad you’re well!
The only hysteria I see is regarding the test, I think a lot of people want the test but have no reason to be tested. One trip to a store does not mean someone needs to be tested, but it appears a lot of people think they should get a test on a whim. If they test negative and go for dinner tomorrow, will they expect another test? Since there is no treatment, I’m not sure what most expect from a test. And the TP hysteria....., a completely different issue.
Do you believe all opinion to be inaccurate? I believe the opinion of WHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth