Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

That's what I did....lol....but my folks, in a different town had same day service today. Depends on where you are....

2. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

I have a common cold I think. I spoke with the local hospital’s COVID hotline & they said bc my temp isn’t over 101 & bc I’m having other symptoms that I need to stay in my house.
    Whatever I have I gave it to my husband but bc he has a weaker immune system he feels worse than I do, especially last night. And with him he has had a lot of stomach issues & sneezing but I have not. I keep praying for a miracle and as each day that goes by, I feel a little better.

ETA: Thank you for asking <3

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Amonet, chi-mama, nanadee and 28 others like this.
  3. margarita25

margarita25 I like taking naps with my dog

Omg all the prices have gone waaay up. Holy crap.

I have a saved list. Everything looks more expensive. Will give a full report.

Supply and demand.

4. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I wish someone would think up a really creative, heartwarming, safe, easy, cheap community service activity that towns and neighborhoods need during this crisis, that could become "the cool thing" for kids to do with their time and energy during the school outage.

Something like delivering groceries to the housebound/quarantined, but obviously it has to be safe for both the kids and the rest of the citizens too.

Maybe something online? Like help older folks set up netflix or streaming accounts or skype accounts or crossword puzzle apps or something. Or podcasts. Or or or.

Just something that kids could feel they are being useful in a crisis, especially if it's something they are better at doing than everyone else anyway.

Who's got ideas?

5. Henry2326

Amonet, nanadee, Gardener1850 and 9 others like this.
  6. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Godspeed, STAY AT HOME. Be connected when isolated

I don't know of any here who have gotten the disease. If I get it, I'm starting a thread for myself... just sayin' . I won't be doing a YouTube, but I would share it all here.

Amonet, chi-mama, Chelly and 21 others like this.
  7. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

The governor here in Colorado has ordered all ski mountains closed down for at least a week. Don't know if it will help in fact most people here seem to think none of the mountains will reopen this winter.

8. Henry2326

They are in demand now....I've been using them about a year and love it.

9. Henry2326

CANADA

NEW: based on 10 confirmed cases in Ottawa, public health officials say they estimate there could be a couple hundred to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 in Ottawa. They are asking people to strengthen social distancing policies #cdnpoli
    Marieke Walsh on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

10. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

11. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

12. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

My delivery was delayed today.
    It's Sunday, so... I was a little surprised they would even deliver on Sunday.
    Nothing I can't live without for another day!
    Moo

13. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I think it will be quite some time before we truly have answers. Until then, we all must cope. I guess the government will come out with some more “packages” in order to help people out of work.
    Of course any such deals will take a considerable amount of time to work out, imo.
    It is appalling to read comments left on news sites. So many people care none about our country. Moo
    I bet 75% or more of our population will keep on with their normal routine, until Covid 19 is in their house. Then, they might “get” it, literally. Moo

14. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

I had never heard of instacart. Just checked it out. Glad to learn about it.

AnnaGrace, gitana1, SuziQ and 9 others like this.
  15. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

VIU suspends classes as a COVID-19 precaution - Parksville Qualicum Beach News
    Vancouver Island University students won’t be returning to classrooms tomorrow morning.

The university announced Sunday evening that it is “pausing all face-to-face classes” for the week of March 16-20 as it plans for the rest of the semester.

A statement from university president Deborah Saucier noted that the decision came following a recommendation from VIU’s academic continuity committee.

Amonet, Gardener1850, Lilibet and 7 others like this.
  16. Henry2326

OHIO...he said he was considering it on face the nation today

We will be issuing an order closing all bars and restaurants in #Ohio beginning at 9:00 tonight.

Establishments can stay open for carry-out and delivery. What we can't have is people congregating and seated.
    #COVID19
    #COVID19OhioReady Governor Mike DeWine on Twitter

I'm aware that this will impact many, many good workers. I can't tell you how sorry I am, but we will work to mitigate the suffering. It is our goal for everyone to get through this. #COVID19 #COVID19OhioReady

Every day we delay, more people will die.
    If we do not act and get some distance between people, our healthcare system in #Ohio will not hold up. The loss won't only be those impacted by #COVID19, but the danger is also to everyone else who needs hospital care for other issues.

Governor Mike DeWine on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

17. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

It's frustrating , because to him it probably isn't such a worry. Having unlimited funds, good health, and no worries about how you can protect family that may depend on you, probably offers a different perspective. My perspective is so much different, as I have family members (including myself) whom are in a high risk group. I care for my 90 year old mother, and fear for her well-being. I know I am not alone with these concerns, and it seems selfish for someone with social popularity does this.

18. Henry2326

I highly recommend it. :D

Lilibet, Midgie2, PommyMommy and 3 others like this.
  19. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Mowing lawns, raking leaves, rolling garbage cans to the curb, returning garbage cans up to the house, pick up litter, go to a state park and help with trail clearing, etc. I’m a cancer patient and a few weeks ago, I needed a driver. Took me asking 6 people before someone who’s schedule could do it. There are orgs that are always looking for volunteers to deliver people to the doctors, meals to the shut ins, etc.

20. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Did you have to give your name? We’re you asked where you went locally? Tysm
    I think the data from calls is used to give local health departments a clue as to how many are inflicted. If one state gets 100 calls a day from one community, they know they have a prob. Sure, not all have it but many might. Moo

SuziQ, Lilibet, Midgie2 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.