Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would we know. I’m missing a couple who used to post regularly and have just stopped. @Steelslady for one. How to be sensitive and not intrude on privacy yet also show concern. .

*reflects on Wolfmom when she stopped posting*..... :( ... as an example - who carried Caylee's flame for so long.. @Tulessa is carrying on. Yeah, begs to suggest that at least one other WS member knows info of your RL at these/those times.

Hi everyone,
Trying to do as little as possible. Just taking it easy. Last night I attempted to call the after hours nurse line. They are overwhelmed with calls. l kept getting a recording something about a system troubles. After 45 minutes and three times being disconnected I gave up.
Today l’m less feverish. Hopefully, I’m on the mend after 10 days. I need to take one day at a time. To everyone here thank you! There’s have been times when all l want to cry. The overwhelming support here is the greatest. I realize everyone here has a caring heart. Thank you my dear friends.

Kids in my area are not remotely interested in physical labor. They much prefer solitude in their rooms with their phone as company. I anticipate many getting in trouble if they are on leave from school for a couple months. Moo moo
Children do what children see. If that’s the case in your area, then shame on the parents. Kids here must have volunteer hours to leave middle school and graduate high school. My kids have done things like, mow, trim, paint houses, clean parks, be a camp counselor, reading tutor, etc. They’ve taken their younger cousins for a day of one on one to give their aunt a break. Teens can wash pollen off cars, detail the interior of cars for their Gparents, elderly neighbor, etc.

My opinion only but there is zero reason for any kid to be bored, get in trouble or sit behind a screen. If that happens, someone failed long before this virus showed up.

Same here & Tysm for Replying. I was most curious if each state used the same questionnaire. Data collection, imo. So if need be, they can get in touch with us. Ahhhhh.
Yes to my name. Yes they asked if I had traveled outside of the US. Also had to give my date of birth & address. I also had to answer a lot of other medical questions & they asked me to describe how I was feeling & what I had been doing in the last week-ish (that was before their questions & after I had given my name, dob & address).

I am also curious if he is a smoker.
And @momrids6 - are people who have high potassium levels affected more than others who don’t? Or are you asking bc of his kidney function?
My husband has severe liver damage from being an alcoholic for 35 years. And his kidneys aren’t great either. He’s on the verge of CKD level 3A (but his eGFR keeps him in level 2 this far).
And he is a smoker.

Just in: A U.S. Navy sailor assigned to the amphibious assault ship USS Boxer tested “presumptive positive” for #COVID19 on Friday, marking the 1st case for a sailor aboard a Navy ship. Individual is currently quarantined at home in accordance with CDC guidelines, per Navy.

Elizabeth McLaughlin on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

OH NO.

This is what I was afraid of.

Damnit.

How many are on that ship, etc...need more details.

I am in washington state and they have closed all schools for a while!!! (until April 24th) If people do not have child care and depend on school while they work...what are we truly supposed to do?
Oh no- so sorry! The daycare for a few plan is goofy as all get out. Lower paid workers & higher ratios of kids often. Maybe you can find a small group of parents who can share giving up sick days? That’s tough for sure!

Hi everyone,
Trying to do as little as possible. Just taking it easy. Last night I attempted to call the after hours nurse line. They are overwhelmed with calls. l kept getting a recording something about a system troubles. After 45 minutes and three times being disconnected I gave up.
Today l’m less feverish. Hopefully, I’m on the mend after 10 days. I need to take one day at a time. To everyone here thank you! There’s have been times when all l want to cry. The overwhelming support here is the greatest. I realize everyone here has a caring heart. Thank you my dear friends.
Oh @book-thinker I'm so sorry you are you are this sick! I'm happy to hear you are less feverish. Has your temperature dropped into the normal range? Please take care and stay in touch. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

HAN Archive - 00430 | Health Alert Network (HAN)

Distributed via the CDC Health Alert Network
March 15, 2020, 5:45 PM ET
CDCHAN-00430

Summary
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends all persons defer any travel on cruise ships, including river cruises, worldwide because of the increased risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission onboard ships. Deferring travel is especially important for older adults and all people with serious chronic medical conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease), because of their increased risk for severe disease. This health update provides information to clinicians and state and local health departments about the current coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation and the risks associated with travel on cruise ships, including river cruises.

.@CDCgov has updated their Interim Guidance on Considerations for Postponing or Cancelling a Mass Gathering as it relates to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). They are recommending that all events consisting of 50 or more people be cancelled or postponed for the next 8 weeks FOX 5 Atlanta on Twitter

FOX 5 Atlanta on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Attachments

• IMG_20200315_220112.jpg
    IMG_20200315_220112.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi everyone,
Glad you checked in. We are holding your hand. Keep getting better. XO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member