Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m surprised how quickly the PPE issues are occurring. We knew there was concern via WHO early conferences, etc. but honestly this seems to be happening more quickly than I expected, consider our window of time, Strategic Reserve, increased production....

WTH we are only just getting started.
They have to treat each patient as if possibly infected.

ITALY

Soldiers are being drafted in to help enforce the lockdown in Italy after the total number of deaths from Covid-19 in the European nation surpassed the toll in China, previously the deadliest center of the coronavirus outbreak. Italy coronavirus: Military called to enforce lockdown as 627 people die in 24 hours - CNN

Italy is “facing the most difficult moment” that history has ever put before it, the country’s Health Minister said Friday Health minister: Italy is "facing the most difficult moment that history has ever put before us"

Oh no. They’re just now getting that military support? Surely not..

I haven’t read any of these threads (or any WS thread) all week. Got laid off yesterday, which in a weird way was relieving to not have to live on pins and needles anymore. Sending love to my fellow NYers dealing with the massive shut downs. Be well.
Sorry to hear about you getting laid off. I definitely understand about what you mean about being relieved of the anxiety of not knowing what would happen. Take care. Together, we will all get through this.

THREAD: We compare data on ICU bed capacity in countries hit by #COVID19. 30% of Italy’s COVID cases are severe or critical, in China it was 20%. With continued exponential growth in cases, it’s estimated that Italy’s intensive care units will be at maximum capacity this week. Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200320_165937.png
    IMG_20200320_165937.png
    216 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online