Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

There's no confirmation that my 24 year old son contracted the virus, but he has enough symptoms to be tested. He's a national rower and competitive swimmer. He has bronchitis and an unusual sounding cough. That's a pretty serious outcome for a fit, active healthy young man.

sallye818, WideOpen, nanadee and 22 others like this.

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

My husband said the same thing. I disagreed, I think there will be be more domestic violence, suicides, and crimes. I told him this isn't a blizzard, no one is cuddling by the fire watching snow fall.

3. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

The "We will get thru this" is getting old. Yes for those who survive.

303gmf, tabitha111, MsArk and 10 others like this.
  4. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

I also went for a drive today, and saw that grocery stores, convenient stores and some parks were packed. One park in particular which was roped off, and had gates up, had many children playing on the equipment, with their parents chatting in groups.

5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Isn't that the role of church leadership?

JMO
    BBM. We'll agree to disagree because imo, there is nothing silly about people who want to go to church and pray. No government official is going to force a church to close its doors just as no government official can prevent people from entering a church. Separation of church and state is taken very seriously by SCOTUS. The Governor is not forcing people to go TO church. That's an individual's decision.

JMO

6. MJPeony

MJPeony SF Bay Area

Oh I wholeheartedly agree! If the “general public” could see the true numbers of the infected here in the US it would shock their arrogant and/or ignorant bums into staying home.

Our shoddy testing, and therefore low numbers being released to public is what has sent us down the path of apathy. Public perception. This will result in longer national quarantine, greater long term economic damage, etc.

MOO.

7. Starry Night

Starry Night Well-Known Member

8. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

CANADA

In ontario 7239 of the 23384 covid tests conducted are still under investigation. We need to get things running more efficiently. We can’t wait for a 1/3 tests. Major consequences. @celliottability @CPHO_Canada @fordnation @DFisman @BogochIsaac @TorontoIDDoc @janinemccready
    David Carr on Twitter

9. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Sending you all healing thoughts. His lungs IMO are in top form so if he does have it I believe he will have a very good outcome. Keep us posted.

10. Reasonable & Just

Reasonable & Just United We Stand

That, too, sadly. And not all of those conceptions will be planned, wanted, or consensual.

Tadpole12, Kensie, Tillicum and 2 others like this.
  11. otto

otto Verified Expert

Clarity - finally. I've been wondering why we keep seeing the picture of the shape of the virus, but that certainly puts it into perspective. It's to help us understand how it attacks the lungs, causing them to feel like glass.

12. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

I'm sure it feels shocking, but government officials have closed religious gatherings all over the world. I'll be attending church tomorrow, in my p.j.s from the comfort of my easy chair ... or maybe even in bed. :)

sallye818, Really?, MsArk and 9 others like this.
  13. Baciagalupo

Baciagalupo Well-Known Member

US will be first pretty soon even though they don't even test that much.
    Verdopplung = duplication rate in days

Germany for some reason still has not many patients in intensive care so will take some patients from Elsace, France who were hit pretty hard.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Really?, Tadpole12, Suglo and 5 others like this.
  14. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Yes I think God will understand. One does not have to be in a House of Worship.

15. Henry2326

You dont get it.....there may not be people left in that church after this is over including the spread of the disease from a church environment. People will die....separation of church and state is worthless when people are dead.
    This example from South Korea should be enough to stop this from happening.....but no, Americans believe it won't happen to them...this is pure madness.

S Korea sect leader apologises for virus spread

16. SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline Active Member

I’m kinda frustrated with my friend. We’re both in our 30’s and work at a doctor’s office, so we’re exposed to germs every weekday. I’m a homebody by nature, so sheltering in place on weekends is easy for me. I have wine and books and Websleuths at home. But my friend is very social and hates being alone. Today she went to the salon to get her hair colored, and then drove an hour and a half each way to visit her parents. She told me that casually and I wanted to scream.

17. Henry2326

sallye818, WideOpen, Really? and 15 others like this.
  18. Henry2326

I'm screaming with you....:(:(

19. Sam970407

Sam970407 Well-Known Member

20. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Probably the case. The Baby Boomers resulted from men being absent from the household, being off to war. When the war ended, and they all came home....that's when all the babies were conceived.

In this case, I fear some will end up tired of being altogether present and resentful of not being able to get that space we all need from others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.