Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

PENNSYLVANIA & NEW JERSEY

Coronavirus testing sites expand; N.J. warns of nonessential business closure coming
    [​IMG]

“We are clearly in the rapid growth phase of this epidemic,” said Thomas Farley, health commissioner of Philadelphia, where the number of confirmed cases reached 67, catching up to Montgomery County, which had 68.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said he would likely announce Saturday a limit or even a ban on “gatherings of any sort” and an order for all nonessential businesses to close, saying he had no choice but to “tighten the screws” on social distancing measures.

Meanwhile, Gov. Tom Wolf revised his order for all Pennsylvania businesses that don’t provide “life-sustaining” services to shut down, expanding the types of businesses that can continue with physical operations after mass confusion and backlash from business owners and trade groups.

[...]

sallye818, Really?, cass523 and 11 others like this.

2. SkylarSid

SkylarSid East Coast

Yes, I do. And I had a lot of friends have something nasty including some in ICU in Nov. and Dec. in ICUs for pneumonia ( and one with sepsis). One thing I want to look up is that if my memory serves me right - I read about a massive chicken culling in China last year? Just food for thought.

3. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

another one: worrying, is like praying for the negative

4. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

This is concerning. I tend to think too many without symptoms will get tested. People seem to not understand, if negative, it is only for that moment, the time of the test per Dr. Birx. (Posted numerous Xs). Are people confused, believing a negative ensures them they won’t get it?

sallye818, Really?, cass523 and 10 others like this.
  5. margarita25

margarita25 Everything is JMO

Hi I’m noticing an influx of sudden shady news sources—- I’m laughing so hard at one right now about Colorado but can’t link it because it’s Bs lol lmao anyway heads up on that.

—-

6. roche.analisa

roche.analisa North Texas

More population density. People in NY live every aspect of their lives closer together than many of the rest of us do.

7. margarita25

Golly from Rapid DNA to Rapid Covid...

Rapid COVID-19 tests expected in Colorado next week

“DENVER (KDVR) -- COVID-19 test kits that can produce results in anywhere from two to 10 minutes are expected to arrive at Denver International Airport early next week.

"We do have confirmation from the manufacturer that it is to be shipped out over the weekend. We would expect to have it early next week here in Denver," Josh Disbrow, the CEO of AYTU BioScience, said.

Disbrow's company has the North American rights to distribute the same rapid tests used to get COVID-19 results quickly in China.

The news came just two days after Disbrow asked the Problem Solvers to get the attention of

8. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

@Wyle_E_Coyote post

"I ordered Bisquick last week. I got hot cocoa mix! And instead of grapes, they substituted plums. It's a surprise every time you open a bag."

Classic Thanks for the laugh amongst this devastating news

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    Lynetta, Hazelnutty, SuziQ and 20 others like this.
  9. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

Seem like they also travel a lot. Use public transportation more so than in other cities.

10. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Coronavirus moving into least prepared nations in South America and Africa
    ''DAKAR, Senegal -- The West African nation of Mali has roughly one ventilator per 1 million people - 20 in all to help the critically ill with respiratory failure. In Peru, with more than 32 million people, about 350 beds in intensive care units exist.

The coronavirus is now moving into parts of the world that may be the least prepared. Some countries in Africa and Latin America lack the equipment or even trained health workers to respond.

Many of their nations are slamming shut borders and banning large gatherings in the hope of avoiding the scenes in wealthier countries such as Italy and the U.S., but local transmission of the virus has begun.

Containing that spread is the new challenge. Africa has more than 900 confirmed cases and Latin America more than 2,500, but an early response is crucial as fragile health systems could be quickly overwhelmed.

With such limited resources, experts say identifying cases, tracing and testing are key.

“We have seen how the virus actually accelerates that after a certain ... tipping point. So the best advice for Africa is to prepare for the worst and prepare today,”

Lynetta, Really?, cass523 and 15 others like this.
  11. Ursamajr

Ursamajr Well-Known Member

I'm with you on all of this. There needs to be more education about how this is spreading. I made sure not to touch anything in the market unless I was buying it. Thank you for doing your part, I know that I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else here does too.

12. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting us know @zencompass Unfortunately I think we are going to need separate threads for our different continents/countries i.e U.S, Canada, South America, U.K, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia/NZ if possible please. The amount of news for all over the world being posted in one thread is becoming overwhelming.

It is going to become very important as things tragically worsen that we are able to get the news that applies to the country we live in @Tricia I don’t know if this is possible but this is probably the most serious crisis the world will face in our lifetimes.

13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I’m thinking food and recipes strategies for grocery shopping and bring out in public and precautions? Thanks Tricia

14. Oddsocks

Oddsocks Well-Known Member

15. margarita25

Well we know this goes back to Nov. 17, if not Dec. 1.

That much we can say.

I absolutely think this stuff has been going around a while, shoot we’ve seen how fast this spreads when we DO know about it...I was thinking today about postmortem diagnosis, wondering, I’m sure they are, looking back on recent respiratory related deaths.

I even said here in a thread before CV that I literally know 5 people at the moment with pneumonia. Of course I’m not saying they all of any had CV19. Out of curiosity I want to find that post and check the date.

We know flu season produces increased...my point is if they didn’t know back then that it wasn’t influenza related or regular pneumonias...

Dr. LW knew in Dec (thought it was SARS at first but STILL)

Jmo

@Bravo when did you have pneumonia? Of course I’m not saying by any means that’s what you Jax, just wondering what date that was so I can find the post because that’s when I happened to mention that , probably nothing, we are Sleuthers wth let’s give it a go .

—-

Found Deceased - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Dec. 20. Coincidence. Or not. Idk.

What day was Dr. LW’s chat? I linked it in an early video.

sallye818, asyousay, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  16. Herat

Herat Way out West

The story says a phlebotomist has to draw blood under a doctor's supervision

The Denver Dept of Public Health may have some other ideas about this

cass523, cody22, Gardener1850 and 3 others like this.
  17. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Yes - sheer numbers plus of course, they are in spaces and sidewalks together, constantly.

California has huge numbers, but we are way more spread out (San Francisco Bay Area is more compact).

Also, somehow, NY has tests.

18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Yes, and DIY - masks, hand sanitizer, clorox wipes...! Pretty please. :oops:

Lynetta, sallye818, cass523 and 7 others like this.
  19. margarita25

20. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

Updated.... chart.....up up and way US trajectory.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.