Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJ

You could face jail time, $1,000 fine for breaking Murphy's 'stay at home' order

Police will be cracking down on those who break Gov. Phil Murphy’s statewide “stay at home” order that bans public gatherings and closes non-essential businesses, New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said Monday.

Authorities will target businesses, like bars or stores, that stay open despite the governor’s demand, Grewal said during a news conference. They will also look for citizens who, for instance, throw a party at their home and invite dozens of people.

The exact charge will depend on the crime. But a disorderly person’s offense is punishable by up to a six-month prison term, a fine of up to $1,000 or both, Grewal’s office has said.

I guess Murphy's Order sounds better than Murphy's Law.

NY....

One of my coworkers died today from #COVID19. Not much older, great guy. We were just sitting together a couple weeks ago, talking about whatever. The next time I saw him, he was admitted to the ICU. And that was the last time I saw him.
My whole body feels numb.
B. Bobby Chiong, MD on Twitter
I’m sorry old friend. Long time no see. It’s a sad situation for so many compassionate caring Websleuthers such as you (thank you for everything you did for Lucas ❤️) to come together. I’m so sorry to hear of your coworker’s passing. You’re doing a great job here and providing a selfless service for others. Please take care everyone.
HoldOnPainEnds

SOUTH CAROLINA....SMH....law abiding businesses???? Omg

Gov. McMaster says shelter in place has not been issued and hopes that that action will not be necessary. #scnews
Live5News on Twitter

Breaking - Gov. McMaster orders any law enforcement to prohibit or disperse gatherings of people in groups of 3 or more. #scnews #chsnews
Live5News on Twitter

South Carolina Governor @henrymcmaster has issued an executive order that allows law enforcement to prohibit or disperse gatherings of three or more people. This does not include homes or businesses and workplaces.
ABC News 4 on Twitter

SC gov. says order to disperse groups of 3 or more does not pertain to "law-abiding" businesses #scnews #chsnews
Live5News on Twitter

Yep! That's my governor folks! :rolleyes:
We're doomed. :eek:

ARIZONA

BREAKING: Banner Health in Arizona says a man has died and his wife is seriously ill after taking chloroquine, which has not been approved to treat or prevent coronavirus

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Banner Health urges people not to self-medicate against coronavirus: "The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health"
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Me too my friend.....I feel nauseous 24/7....

After listening to Gov. Northam in Va. Today, I threw up. Yes, he gave an incorrect number for food assistance. Refused all direct questions from the media. Encourages churches to close but does understand some feel the need to gather and pray. Take a walk in the park. Closes the beauty shops and movies a but keeps the liquor stores open.

He has ALL Dept. of VA State government ring into a call center, with no answers.

How can this man do this to VIRGINIANs and he's not even born and raised here? He sure fooled us!!!

So depressed....loosing hope....Moo

Last edited:
Tensions flare on Senate floor as coronavirus bill derailed for second time by Dem objections

"Emotions ran so high on the floor before the vote that at one point Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill., implored colleagues to take a breath and focus on the work.

“We’re going to get this done today,” Durbin said. “Everyone take a breath. Everyone is emotional today, but we’re going to get this done. We have a job to do.”
Glad to hear there are still voices of reason. Hopefully, common sense will prevail.

jmo
Decided this coming Wed to head home from San Antonio, TX to Minnesota. Need to be with family and MN health care. Not much open in SA, but not much open in MN either. Toss up. Minnesota won.
Be aware that some Interstate rest areas were closed in Nebraska and Iowa the other day because people were stealing toilet paper. Truckers complained loudly and I think the solution was to put attendants at all of them but be prepared. I think all truck stops are open in both states. We have to do our part to keep nation's supply chain open.

JMO

GEORGIA....NO STATEWIDE SHELTER IN PLACE

Breaking: Kemp to ban many large gatherings, orders shelter in place for ‘medically fragile’ #gapol Breaking: Kemp bans many gatherings, orders shelter in place for ‘medically fragile’

Kemp also will order the shutdown of bars and nightclubs across the state and gave the Department of Public Health authority to close businesses or nonprofits – including churches – that don’t comply with the rules. #gapol Breaking: Kemp bans many gatherings, orders shelter in place for ‘medically fragile’

And the governor says Georgia will move Tax Day from April 15 to July 15 #gapol BREAKING: Georgia, like feds, moves Tax Day from April 15 to July 15 because of coronavirus

We now have 23 referral-only test sites across the state. #COVID19 Governor Brian P. Kemp on Twitter

All Georgia pharmacies allowed to dispense 90-day supply for people out of refills and those pharmacists who cannot get in touch with doctors. Does not include schedule II medications, @GovKemp #11alive
Hope Ford on Twitter

Coronavirus Patients in Limbo as Gilead Suspends Emergency Drug Access

"Overwhelmed by demand for an experimental treatment for coronavirus, the drug maker Gilead abruptly shut down its emergency access program, leaving doctors and families scrambling for answers.

The company said it was setting up a broader access program that could try to help more people, but some said the transition is delaying remedies for very ill patients who have few options.

“We have heard zero. We know nothing,” said Genny Allard, the mother of Jack Allard, a 25-year-old New Jersey resident who is in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator at Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center in Edison, N.J. “I’m just, like, apoplectic at this point. I have a kid who is sick and the doctor wants to give him the next medicine that is supposed to help.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd