Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afitzy

afitzy STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES!

CT - How a Hotspot Developed from a Dinner Party - 41 Cases now in Westport CT

From the Ground: What IMO was absolutely stunning about this situation was that the State Board of Health Director when initially questioned by the Press about the dinner party knew NOTHING about it! Word hadn't made it from Westport to Hartford it appears and seemed to take them 4-5 days to figure out what was going in Westport.

No leadership from Hartford for the Southern Portion of the State which is so vulnerable. Towns are on their own to figure out how to cope and address the situation with COVID19. Many Towns are declining to proactively test and others are saying that tests simply aren't available.

So sad to be watching this play out in real time.

Party Zero: How a Soirée in Connecticut Became a ‘Super Spreader’

margarita25, cass523, LadyL and 6 others like this.

2. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

No stopping for gas, or to use a washroom, or stay at a motel, or pick up a coffee or meal, or get stopped for speeding, or get their vehicle fixed at a garage, or pick up their pet from the doggie spa, etc.

An oblivious snowbird on my fb just posted that she did all these things and was still 7hrs from home.

3. otto

otto Verified Expert

I haven't seen that. Does that happen when you click "New Posts" and then select the thread?

cass523, Chelly, Really? and 4 others like this.
  4. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

OHIO

The Ohio Voters First Act, supported by @GovMikeDeWine and @LtGovHusted, provides every registered Ohioan who wants to vote in this election the opportunity to do so safely by mail. Frank LaRose on Twitter
    Frank LaRose on Twitter

5. pugmom

pugmom Well-Known Member

Oh dear. This isn't good. From the article:

A union leader at Canada Post in St. John's says 13 postal workers are now in isolation — including himself.

Craig Dyer made the comment to CBC News after Canada Post confirmed that one of its employees at the Kenmount Road mail processing plant had tested positive for COVID-19 Monday.

Dyer, the chief shop steward for the Canadian Union of Postal Workers local, said those in quarantine were told to do so by public health after attending a funeral at Caul's Funeral Home a week ago where a person who tested positive for COVID-19 is said to have attended. The Canada Post employee who tested positive is among them.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/canada-post-employees-covid-1.5507388

6. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

I live in Ontario and saw gas 69.1 cents a litre. The last time I saw that price was around 2003.

7. Henry2326

ITALY

Italy is bending the arc and rounding the corner hopefully. For 2nd consecutive day, new #COVID19 cases lower than day before. Today's death toll (601), yesterday (651), day before (793). Let’s keep up the lockdown. Other countries pay attention. Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter
    Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Attached Files:

8. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Yes. I’ve tried every avenue I can imagine to get to the thread and the screen still pops up blocking me.

cass523, Really?, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  9. otto

otto Verified Expert

Ontario has very strict requirements right now - for good reason. If people don't comply, there will be a more restrictive lockdown.

musicaljoke, neesaki, cass523 and 6 others like this.
  10. Henry2326

NYC

39 inmates, 21 corrections staff, and 6 health workers at Rikers Island jail in NYC have coronavirus
    Steve Lookner on Twitter

11. otto

otto Verified Expert

Doesn't sound right. Maybe check with a moderator to see if they can point you in the right direction. Wild thought, but could it be your anti-virus software? Probably not.

margarita25, cass523, Really? and 6 others like this.
  12. Reasonable & Just

Reasonable & Just United We Stand

Any clue what the "15 day challenge" terminology is about? I hadn't heard it before. This was from Dr. Birx today in the briefing.

cass523, cody22, Bravo and 4 others like this.
  13. Henry2326

I get most of my exercise these days from shaking my head in disbelief......

14. Henry2326

15. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

I was googling what this might be. Is this the test being referred to?

Scanwell aims to launch at-home 15-minute coronavirus test, but it still needs FDA approval – TechCrunch

margarita25, cass523, Bravo and 5 others like this.
  16. cody22

cody22 Former Member

margarita25, cass523, Really? and 5 others like this.
  17. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

i thought it was this 15 day lockdown isolation thing the USA was doing, right now its day 8 or whatever, could be way wrong though

18. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

To be honest, if you are traveling 1500 miles on the interstate to get home, you are
    of necessity, going to do all of those things, which is why i prefer to stay put in
    Florida for the time being instead of heading home to Michigan. i dont think she
    is oblivious ----

19. Henry2326

Birx on NYC: “Clearly the virus had to have been circulating for a number of weeks in order to have this level of penetrance in the community” #COVID19
    Meg Tirrell on Twitter

“Self-swabbing options” are going to be available this week for #COVID19 testing, Dr Deborah Birx says, noting word from FDA coming. But still notes people should not come in to be tested if not symptomatic.
    Meg Tirrell on Twitter

margarita25, cass523, j_in_c and 7 others like this.
  20. gogrannypop

gogrannypop Call Me Butter, I'm On A Roll

Yep. I have given myself a concussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.