Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #44

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

The Daleks can manage stairs
    Classic Moments: Dalek climbs stairs!

Best to just stay home and stay safe cos they can go anywhere!

2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

CVS opens coronavirus testing site in Atlanta

CVS said in a news release the site at Georgia Tech will be capable of testing up to 1,000 people per day, but patients must be pre-registered and have a scheduled appointment. Tests are being administered only for patient who meet Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.

Patients can pre-register online at CVS.com. The tests will be made available free to all patients who receive registration, regardless of insurance status.

Dr. Troyen Brennan, chief medical officer for CVS, said the Georgia Tech testing site will operate five drive-through lanes. The company is deploying Abbott ID Now testing devices that can return results within minutes.

3. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

I found the clip when the Doctor finds this out.

Stay home is the best policy.

4. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

When will we know if the UK lockdown is working?

"No let-up in the numbers of new deaths
    Over the past three weeks, the number of new deaths reported has been doubling every three-and-a-half days. The graph below shows this, with the daily numbers as red bars, against a straight black line which represents that constant, regular rate of doubling.

[​IMG]
    Not every day's figures are exactly on trend. There have been dips on Mondays (for example 23 and 30 March) when the weekend's figures were being reported, with sharp rises in the following days.

In terms of numbers, what matters "is the overall trend, rather than the day-to-day figures", says James Gill, a lecturer at Warwick Medical School. That trend is a worrying one: if it continued, we would expect to see more than 1,000 deaths a day very soon and 2,000 a day later this week."

The rate of increase in UK deaths is what I am monitoring as I hope it will give us an indication that our methods are working.

5. SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline Active Member

Imagine being the person who has to take a nasopharyngeal swab from a grown tiger.

EmilyVan, libraryg, Bailey38 and 25 others like this.
  6. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

7. astheworldfallsdown

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson in 'good spirits' after 'comfortable' night in hospital

Boris Johnson is in "good spirits" after spending a "comfortable" night in hospital and remains there under observation, Downing Street has said.

The prime minister's official spokesman said he continues to lead the government and has been working on official papers from his hospital bed.

Mr Johnson was admitted to hospital on Sunday night for tests after continuing to display symptoms of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

The PM wrote on Twitter: "Last night, on the advice of my doctor, I went into hospital for some routine tests as I'm still experiencing coronavirus symptoms. I'm in good spirits and keeping in touch with my team, as we work together to fight this virus and keep everyone safe."

He also praised the "brilliant" NHS staff taking care of him - describing them as the "best of Britain" - as well as reiterating government advice for people to "stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives".

8. astheworldfallsdown

9. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

Wonder if people living in densely populated areas now will want to move to more rural areas when this over.

10. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

From the link.

"Andreas reversed his claims on Saturday, however, with his department tweeting they were still trying to 'clarify details'.

'The fact is: The police ordered 200,000 FFP2 protective masks,' they said. 'Not, as claimed, from a US company, but from a German medical retail company.'

The masks alleged manufacturer, 3M, debunked the claims yesterday.

'3M has no evidence to suggest 3M products have been seized,' they said. '3M has no record of any order of respirators from China for the Berlin police. We cannot speculate where this report originated.' "

This was a terrible allegation and America deserves an apology.

11. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

@Herat I read last night that you need your prescriptions during peak time for the virus. I do, too. I just sent my order in ahead of time on the Walgreens app and chose the option to ship it to me instead of pick-up. So as long as I see the insurance allows this to be filled about a week ahead of time, I should receive my blood pressure meds in time. I will check it in the app, and if it the insurance hangs it up, I will call and change it to pick-up and just use the drive-thru. Because they have my debit card on file for Express Pay, the only thing I have to touch is the bag. You might want to see if your pharmacy offers this option.

12. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

This is just the worst news ever. So far only felines are known to have Covid, iirc. Will it soon affect dogs, cows, horses, deer? I swear, it appears it’s blowing thru the air & nothing is exempt from its wrath, Jmo, obviously.

margarita25, cass523, BHughes and 2 others like this.
  13. xtrain

xtrain Well-Known Member

Many New Yorkers have sought temporary rental homes in the rural area in PA in which I live, but I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to stay.

margarita25, Really?, cass523 and 8 others like this.
  14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

@Tillicum a friend that owns a little house in a subdivision in my town plans to, lol. If she opens her windows at same time her neighbor has her windows open, they can hear each other talking on the phone, TVs, kids, etc. I’d freak.
    Might be the reason so many loaded their campers and fled to the woods? Sadly, that went wayside. Where my friend lives yards are simply too small for children to play, so keeping them in one yard and separated is all but impossible. I think the same is true in apartment complexes. Jmo

15. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

margarita25, Really?, cass523 and 6 others like this.
  16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Can the new coronavirus spread through building pipes? | Live Science
    This would scare the heck out of me if I lived in an apartment. I’d be getting out of Dodge, stat, moving to a single family structure. Moo

17. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

I helped my veterinarian friend give an IV to a lion one time. True story.

18. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

That is awesome: i hope CVS will do this across the country:

sallye818, cass523, BHughes and 2 others like this.
  19. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

There is so much frustration and sadness to process. Somehow we keep thinking a peak is coming, and life will soon return to normal. No, there's a downside of the peak until a vaccine is found (2021?). COVID19 will still be around, still be taking lives for all of 2020. Masks will still be used and venilators needed. The death count will continue. This is long term. Dig into the trenches.

20. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

No, the fact that felines have corona virus is NOT the worst news ever. From what I've read cats have had it for several years prior to now.

As for it blowing through the air, well that is possible, other viruses/pneumonic plague seem to have done. However the "wrath" of which you speak is more likely of the Lord than a angry virus. IMO

cass523, Cool Cats, CeeCeeCat and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.