Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Some may even have pinched the odd roll or two from work if they were low at home.

Suglo, Tillicum and imstilla.grandma like this.
  2. margarita25

margarita25 “Science, Solutions and Solidarity” - Dr. Tedros

katydid23, Bailey38, Sundog and 5 others like this.
  3. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

I do have some friends with RA and or Lupus--they are really worried about the shortage. But I do think that they have put on a super acceleration to get more and more.. So I personally believe that before "too" long, patients on it, as well as doctors who want to prescribe it for covid will both be ok. My bigger concern is if we don't get the full Fed battle cry for antibodies, vaccines and other more targeted treatments.... then the due dilligence that should be taking place, and managed by doctors and scientists will not come to the forefront soon enough.
    i am going to be trying to do some heavier research... The first article I had seen before it was mentioned on MSM, was this one. I just feel this Hemoglobin issue breaking down before the severe lung fluids building up is so signficant. It sort of --anecdotally of course--explains when people start to feel better but then crash. moo moo. Anyway this article is mostly about the EIDD.... As stated, I am going to continue to research the connection to the Hemoglobin.
    A new antiviral drug heading into clinical trials offers hope for COVID-19 treatment — in part because it can be taken as a pill | Emory University | Atlanta, GA

4. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

Has it been discussed on here about women getting the abortion pill to use at home? The morning after pill is it ? This is current UK regulations AFAIK although it flip flopped a few times I believe.

"Coronavirus: Home abortions approved during outbreak - BBC News" Home abortions allowed during coronavirus outbreak

Amazing how easy they can make it if they want to. Some of these changes may even stay in place like this one and the doctor's phone interviews.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Lynetta, JaneEyre, MsMarple and 4 others like this.
  5. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Stay home over Easter to stop virus, public told

People should follow the government's coronavirus rules and stay home over the Easter weekend, as warmer weather is forecast across parts of the UK.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said the UK was "just beginning to see this strategy starting to work" and people needed to "stick with it".

Temperatures are forecast to reach 25C (77F) in some parts of the country, according to the Met Office.

Some police forces have warned of a crackdown on people flouting the rules.

It comes as Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab - who is deputising for the prime minister while he continues his treatment in intensive care - chairs a virtual meeting of the emergency Cobra committee to discuss the lockdown measures.

The rules, which were brought in on 23 March, are due to be officially reviewed next week.

6. nhmemorymaker

hmmm. i usually run out of "free" ones. I have a subscription to WashPo, but not NYT... I will try the cookies clearing..well I will try to figure out how to remove cookies... thanks for the help

cass523 likes this.
  7. astheworldfallsdown

astheworldfallsdown Well-Known Member

Coronavirus updates: Dominic Raab to give latest UK briefing - BBC News

Summary
    1. Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab to lead the UK briefing with Boris Johnson absent
    2. The PM remains in intensive care but condition "improving"
    3. Confirmed coronavirus cases around the world pass 1.5 million, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University
    4. Almost 90,000 people have died with the virus
    5. A further 6.6 million people file for unemployment benefits in the US
    6. The virus could push half a billion people into poverty, Oxfam warns
    7. Spain close to passing the worst of the coronavirus outbreak, government says
    8. Some European countries cautiously start to ease lockdown measures

8. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

And Howie Mandel Fist Bumping

Still safer than a handshake

9. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Go Hawks!!

Firefox-three horizontal lines at right-options-privacy & security-cookies & site data; pretty much the same in Brave. Actually NYT has free entry now, but you have to sign up with your email.

nhmemorymaker likes this.
  10. raysgirl1126

raysgirl1126 Hampton Roads, Virginia

Be careful, clearing cookies on my computer signed me out of all of my accounts with "saved" passwords. I had to reset a lot of them because I forgot them. FYI

11. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

The link I posted to the Lancet article (see my post above) has a section at the bottom where you can access many other published CV19 articles. There might be some info in there.

I'm Just Here likes this.
  12. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you are going through this, and understand that many people are unable to care for family members at home. It must be upsetting to not be able to see her, but I am glad to hear that you are getting some information from a worker at the nursing home. I take some comfort in the fact, that my mom doesn't have any idea what's going on in regards to the virus. My mom calls me "mom" now. Hugs to you

13. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Go Hawks!!

There is usually an option to leave passwords alone.

In Firefox, under the "cookies and site data" there is another section called "logins and passwords" ie which to save.

14. nhmemorymaker

Very cute and some fun, for sure. I try to start of my day, on Facebook, with a humourous, spiritual or beautiful post. These will provide some good fodder for a while!!!

Bailey38, cass523 and bmacmillan1 like this.
  15. nhmemorymaker

Can the nurses set up Facetime for you .... if she "saw" you it might be helpful...

sallye818, Bailey38 and charminglane like this.
  16. JustEve

JustEve Well-Known Member

Well, yes.

I guess the reason may be in the fact that Croatia has stopped all public transport between cities and also forbade car transport- if you want to drive 10 km to a nearby village, you have to have a license from government to do so.

They did this radically to prevent virus from spreading from bigger towns, and it was right thing to do.

But, as we have had massive earthquake in our capital, lots of people lost their homes and fled to the families all over the country and the police (they are all over the major roads) did not stop them- the people were just told to self- isolate for 2 weeks.

Some of them listened, some of them did not.

Also, we have a virus spread in two nursing homes, few hundred people in each of them plus workers... so, we will see.

All this projections were made in the beginning of the pandemic, with models of input that had rather changed in all of the countries, depending mostly on the population´s behavior.

Mostly, the people take this measures seriously, but some of them are not.

You know, it is kind of depressing to think that people of my generation (1971.) and older have fought war here, not so long ago, and the generation of our kids can´t endure few weeks at home, with running water, heating, electricity, food- and, not to mention, play station and Netflix.:confused:

sallye818, Bailey38, Anirtak and 10 others like this.
  17. nhmemorymaker

groannnnnnn. Cuomo just brought up having to look at "reinfection" and "mutation".... haven't heard much on that for a couple of weeks... grooooaaaannn... hate the word mutation now.

18. Sunny123

Sunny123 Well-Known Member

Did you blend it before using it? They had a guest on a show I watched yesterday, whom said it should be blended well before use. I haven't tried freezing it yet. MOO

19. tresir2012

tresir2012 Former Member

That's a good idea. I can't help thinking of the Monty Python stoning sketch though in the Life of Brian.

20. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

With a political battle underway over the use of a malaria drug to treat coronavirus, Rutgers Cancer Institute has launched a clinical trial that could yield results as soon as next month, officials said Wednesday.

Dr. Steven Libutti, the institute's director, said researchers will study the response of 160 COVID-19 patients to hydroxychloroquine, a drug that previously has been used to treat malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

"We feel the pressure to accrue (data) as quickly as we can," Libutti said.

The trial is starting as New Jersey remains a hotspot for the coronavirus. The state as of Wednesday reported more than 47,000 cases and 1,500 deaths, trailing only New York.

George Lowe, 65, of Sayreville, and the radiology administrator at Mount Sinai Queens, came down with COVID-19 two weeks ago. He suspects he got the disease at the hospital, where his department performed X-rays and other imaging tests on coronavirus patients.

His doctor prescribed him a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, an antibiotic. But it took 16 days before he began to think his fever had broken. While on hydroxychloroquine, Lowe said his fever was a roller coaster, up and down, and he began to hallucinate. But did it do the job?

"You want to tell everyone what you think they want to hear," Lowe said. "Everyone is depending on you to kind of help them feel better about you. I don’t know what helped. Sometimes I thought it helped. Sometimes my chest hurt."

Hydroxychloroquine: Can malaria drug defend coronavirus? Rutgers researchers to find out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.