Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just tell you guys what I just read? My state’s Department of Health puts our current new case numbers daily. We are averaging about 300. Reading the comments, someone posted that we need more testing. The first reply under that comment was (exactly) “No. That will only increase the numbers and keep us shut down longer.”

This is a true story. Ugh....

Despite my early warnings one of my adult kids doesn’t have one. I was going to suggest to them looking in the baby product aisle vs the adult healthcare products at the stores. Probably all out there too but hopefully she can find one :confused:

who knew i wouldnt be able to find a freaking thermometer
in the entire city of Fort Myers-- i had a thermometer but it conked out so i thought ok-- i will go to CVS or Walgreen- or Walmart- none of these stores nor Target, nor any medical supply stores have thermometers--- I ordered one online two weeks ago- still waiting. I just don't understand not having them in stock: I can understand being sold out, but don't them re-order?

And pry his scissors from his cold dead hands probably.
And on that note
Massachusetts gun shops must be allowed to reopen amid coronavirus pandemic, judge rules
Massachusetts must allow gun shops to reopen amid the coronavirus pandemic after the businesses were previously designated as non-essential by Gov. Charlie Baker, a federal judge ruled this week.

U.S. District Judge Douglas Woodlock ruled on Thursday that that the restrictions Baker ordered in response to the public health crisis posed an “improper burden” to the constitutional rights of individuals seeking to purchase firearms, Reuters reported.

apparently some items like lysol wipes, hand sanitizers, and masks are prioritized for health care workers so maybe thermometers are too? I mean at the base - the supply factory may be keeping them available for hospitals/care homes and retail stores possibly come last so they may be ordering but not receiving

i suppose that is possible!

Each to their own, I suppose

"For many Canadians, a glass of beer or wine or a toke of cannabis is a welcome relief at the end of a stressful day — but are they essential services?

On Monday, the Government of Ontario released its list of essential workplaces that can continue to operate during the COVID-19 outbreak. The list included liquor stores, alcohol producers, wholesale stores that sell beer and wine to providers as well as cannabis stores and producers.

It’s a move that is being praised by public health and substance-use disorder experts, who say it could help prevent social unrest from breaking out and even save lives."​

Why are cannabis and liquor stores considered essential services during the COVID-19 outbreak?

China accuses Mike Pompeo of repeated lies over coronavirus origin

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/china-us-who-coronavirus-1.5559201

Beijing spokesperson also raises the possibility the novel coronavirus didn't originate in China

"U.S. intelligence agencies said last week that there was no evidence that the virus was man-made, but did not rule out an accident or leak scenario with a world renowned infectious disease lab located some 12 kilometers from the Huanan Wholesale Seafood Market in Wuhan."

Last edited:
I don't think the link between those issues and covid has been established. jmo

"The Canadian Paediatric Society is closely monitoring reports that COVID-19 may be linked to a strange inflammatory syndrome in some children.

The society says it expects to issue advice to clinicians late this week or early next about symptoms similar to Kawasaki disease, although a COVID-19 connection has not been established.

A broad study is underway with the Canadian Paediatric Surveillance Program to detect how, and how many, children are being severely affected by COVID-19. A spokeswoman says that would include any cases that suggest Kawasaki disease, the primary cause of acquired heart disease among children.

Dr. Fatima Kakkar says the cases emerged over the last three to four weeks and that it's unusual to see so many within that time period.

None of the kids tested positive for an active COVID-19 illness, but because Kawasaki is believed to be triggered by a viral infection, she says doctors suspect there may have been a past COVID infection that was never detected."
Canadian Paediatric Society eyes mysterious syndrome for suspected COVID links

Each to their own, I suppose

"For many Canadians, a glass of beer or wine or a toke of cannabis is a welcome relief at the end of a stressful day — but are they essential services?

On Monday, the Government of Ontario released its list of essential workplaces that can continue to operate during the COVID-19 outbreak. The list included liquor stores, alcohol producers, wholesale stores that sell beer and wine to providers as well as cannabis stores and producers.

It’s a move that is being praised by public health and substance-use disorder experts, who say it could help prevent social unrest from breaking out and even save lives."​

Why are cannabis and liquor stores considered essential services during the COVID-19 outbreak?

Alcoholics can die from withdrawal. Quitting cold turkey and without medical supervision is very dangerous.

:confused: In Mass., contact tracers say many calls going unanswered.

Gov. Charlie Baker had a simple message Thursday for residents looking for their “chance to fight back” against COVID-19: Answer the phone. Apparently, many people are not.

Baker, along with local and non-profit partners participating in the state’s first-in-the-nation contact tracing program, said the effort will become even more important to identify hotspots and track the spread of the virus as businesses start to reopen.

“If you get a call or a text from your local board of health or the COVID team it’s vital you take that call,” Baker said.

Partners in Health said less than 50 percent of their calls are being answered. (More at link)

Mick Jagger provides a public service, on behalf of Save the Children, by illustrating how Jimmy and others can be productive while quarantining during the coronavirus pandemic.

Jagger took on the role of the everyman and partook in a variety of activities around his home. “Look at this fellow, not a care in the world!” the narrator said as Jagger played his guitar. “Hey, you there! Yes, you! What do you think you’re doing?” He was then promptly told to go “do something useful.”

You'll then see the 76-year-old finish up some chores such as hammering nails, gardening, herding sheep, and pruning roses. Overall, it's the much-needed light-hearted video we all could use right now as well as a fun look into the singer's comedic side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita