Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should market it for treatment of CV19 or would like to share them on here. They are looking for miracles.
It's really not a secret.
"Your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as these:"
How to boost your immune system - Harvard Health

COPD is actually much lower a comorbidity than many other conditions:
The most significant are Hypertension and Diabetes.
Each of these could have mild to severe as well. I know people with both Type I and Type 2. I know that Type 1 is much worse than type 2, but have no idea how they differentiate between mild and severe in Type 2.

I believe this lower number of COPD as a comorbidity is due to the increasing data of what this virus is actually doing in the body. The lungs are not a cause, as much as just a launching pad for the further body organ and cell damage.

Leading comorbidities in order are as follows: (Taken from the New York State Covid data)
  1. Hypertension
  2. Diabetes
  3. Hyperlipidemia (basically high HDL cholesterol
  4. Dementia (lower in US than EU countries)
  5. Coronary AD
  6. Renal
  7. COPD
  8. Atrial Fibrilation
  9. Cancer

This is the data from yesterdays video from Dr. John Campbell. He has great discussion about how herd immunity is coming along in the UK; how cases in London are way way down, but all the outlying regions of the country are increasing; this comorbidities data in NY State; other countries like Pakistan, Russia, South Africa.....

His international statistics are always quite valuable. The bit about comorbidities is at 22:00
Thanks for that. In UK I believe dementia/Alzheimers is number 1 with heart disease number 2 so it is interesting to compare..

It's really not a secret.
"Your first line of defense is to choose a healthy lifestyle. Following general good-health guidelines is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every part of your body, including your immune system, functions better when protected from environmental assaults and bolstered by healthy-living strategies such as these:"
How to boost your immune system - Harvard Health
So basically don't get sick and old in the first place and you won't get CV19. Is that what you are advocating as advice against CV19? 9 out of 10 are already very sick and elderly people to begin with, not through diet. Dementia and Alzheimers for instance.

So basically don't get sick and old in the first place and you won't get CV19. Is that what you are advocating as advice against CV19? 9 out of 10 are already very sick and elderly people to begin with, not through diet. Dementia and Alzheimers for instance.
Well, your BCG vaccine doesn't work when older people are vaccinated, so I am really not sure as to what you are advocating?

Cross posted with you, but respectfully, I'm not seeing what I would consider promising (I added as ETA and cross posted so you may not have seen). Why do you think such?

I'm really concerned what insurance rates are going to be next year. They are going to build into their algorithms the costs for such. SCARY.

I think that particular anti-viral is good because it has some good studies from China and France, as well as the US. It's not a miracle. When it's used early on, it definitely decreases severity, and therefore mortality. Then, the biochemists began to try and figure out why:

JBC : Journal of Biological Chemistry

That's a pre-print, but Dr Fauci apparently knows something of it:

Dr. Anthony Fauci says Gilead's remdesivir will set a new 'standard of care' for coronavirus treatment

He seems to think it's better than the rest of the anti-virals, probably for the reasons explained in the abstract of the previous article.

Yet, we may still continue to have supply problems:

Gilead strikes deal to make remdesivir coronavirus treatment for 127 countries

Or perhaps he read this:

Remdesivir is a direct-acting antiviral that inhibits RNA-dependent RNA polymerase from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 with high potency

It has a profound effect in inhibiting Cv19 in monkeys:

Clinical benefit of remdesivir in rhesus macaques infected with SARS-CoV-2

Which is why there are more and more studies going on. The results are not conclusive, but the FDA has fast-tracked it for approval in treatment of CoVid-19.

NIH Clinical Trial Shows Remdesivir Accelerates Recovery from Advanced COVID-19

Used alone, it is not at all a miracle drug, there are many other parts to the current standard of care (SoC).

Well, your BCG vaccine doesn't work when older people are vaccinated, so I am really not sure as to what you are advocating?
I'm not advocating anything just posting links. It's not my BCG vaccine but was a French vaccine. You are saying that two drugs are killing people and I haven't seen where that is stated as yet.

Did you actually read the links?
Yes but I couldn't see where it said the drugs killed them - could you copy and paste the bit that states that? Also could you post where the BCG vaccination doesn't work against TB for older people as you have also stated, so I can check those facts, as a matter of urgency. TIA.

It's starting to sound like blood thinner might be a good idea. Jmo

Zinc, antiviral meds, TB vaccines, malarial drugs, lupus meds. Heck, next week it might be some weird zoonotic med from the vet.

While this disease has been devastating for older folks, people with additional health problems, I personally find the asymptomatic carriers the most interesting. What specific genome do they carry that makes them immune to the effects of the disease? If I was a researcher, I would start there.

That is why testing, to find those people is essential. Who has antibodies? How sick were they?

New York City man arrested in Hawaii after posting beach photos on Instagram

"Authorities became aware of his social media posts from citizens who saw posts of him — on the beach with a surfboard, sunbathing, and walking around Waikiki at night," reads the release. "This morning agents were able to confirm with hotel personnel that had seen Peters leave his room and the premises on numerous occasions this week."

"He was arrested and booked on Friday, and his bail has been set at $4,000."

"Hawaii Attorney General Clare Connor said, "We appreciate the assistance of local people who spot flagrant violations of our emergency rules on various social media sites and report them to the appropriate authorities."

"Hawaii now requires tourists to list their contact and lodging information, and sign an agreement for 14 days of self-quarantine. "By signing the legal document, they acknowledge they understand violating the order is a criminal offense and they are subject to a $5,000 fine and/or a year imprisonment," according to the state's department of transportation."

Good for them. I guess he figured he was part of the "Above The Law" crowd. But alas....he was not.

Zinc, antiviral meds, TB vaccines, malarial drugs, lupus meds. Heck, next week it might be some weird zoonotic med from the vet.

While this disease has been devastating for older folks, people with additional health problems, I personally find the asymptomatic carriers the most interesting. What specific genome do they carry that makes them immune to the effects of the disease? If I was a researcher, I would start there.

That is why testing, to find those people is essential. Who has antibodies? How sick were they?
The black death immune genome?

On an airplane, perhaps for those who don't have goggles, and for those who are uncomfortable wearing the goggles, another option is to wear an eye mask that is designed for sleeping. Wear sunglasses and then change into eye mask for most of flight. Then throw away, or put in a zip lock bag to wash later.
The goggles used to cut onions can be purchased at kitchen specialty stores and Amazon have a great foam seal. I think I would use those in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23