Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that. I'm sure she would love your hot soup, but, as you say, it's too big a risk to your husband. I hope she's not feeling too poorly and that she's up and around very soon.

LadyL, Midgie2, Rocco and 2 others like this.

2. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

This really does have great visuals ... and it is a really short thing to view.

They should put this on every TV station (cable as well) every hour! IMO

Here is one compelling one from your link - in Spain 31% of outbreaks are caused by this type of gathering. No doubt, this is not limited to outbreaks in Spain.

xx2.JPG

3. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

I hope you're feeling well now! I don't know how many times I've locked my car and started into a store, only to realize I'd forgotten a mask and had to go back and get one from my car. You'd think it would be as common as remembering to put on underwear by now, but it's still easy to forget.

LadyL, tmar, Yesiamapirate and 2 others like this.
  4. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Yes, just for the inate T cells though that kill infected cells. Not the neutralizing antibody cells that prevents infecting the cells in the first place MOO.

He goes into depth about immunity in this video today, so my opinion may change after I read this and do an ETA lol.

Here is this am video he uploaded 3 hours ago. Whoa belgium and Czech Republic!

oct28.JPG

Coronavirus antibody prevalence falling in England, REACT study shows | Imperial News | Imperial College London

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-innovation/MEDRXIV-2020-219725v1-Elliott.pdf

SARS-CoV-2-specific T cell immunity in cases of COVID-19 and SARS, and uninfected controls | Nature

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  5. dixiegirl1035

Oh, Dr. Campbell is always looking for catchy phrases! "masks are critical, not political" is a good one!

6. SouthAussie

In video in link

Dr Fauci:
    “If we get a vaccination campaign by the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2021, and we have vaccinated a substantial proportion of the people, I think it will be easily by the end of 2021 and perhaps even into the next year before we start having some semblances of normality.”

Dr Anthony Fauci says that one of the reasons for getting back to normal is taking longer, one of the reasons for the current surge in cases, is because when he and other members of the taskforce set up safety guidelines for the country to reopen, too many states just went off on their own and crossed their red lines for safety. They jumped the gun to reopen bars and restaurants. They didn’t do enough to clamp down on big crowds, and they didn’t do enough to enforce mask wearing.

October 28 coronavirus news

7. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

8. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Yes, normally in a case of active infection, vaccination would be delayed. Carrying over my experience in veterinary medicine, I know that a live, or attenuated live vaccine given to a recipient with an asymptomatic case of the disease for which you are vaccinating, could result in very serious problems indeed. Will the same thing be an issue with CoVid vaccinations?

Vaccination is not normally part of the treatment for most diseases. We used tetanus vaccine to treat a rare case of Cephalic Tetanus in a dog. I believe that vaccine is part of the treatment in human Tetanus as well.

Tetanus | Clinical Information | Lockjaw | CDC

9. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

10. SouthAussie

That leads to an interesting potential issue, doesnt it? Will people have to have a covid test before they have a covid vaccine. In case they are asymptomatic.

And how do they steer clear of catching the virus between the time of the test and the time of having the vaccine?

kimpage, Bailey38, Midgie2 and 5 others like this.
  11. musicaljoke

Yes. It's a big concern if live vaccines are used. Live vaccines give the best protection, but they are risky if the illness is widespread.

Perhaps, in countries with a high number cases, a different type of vaccine will be used first, to just try to drop the transmissions, then revaccinate with a live vaccine. But that would depend how effective the vaccine is, how quickly the population can be vaccinated, and how many people will choose to be vaccinated.

kimpage, Bailey38, LaborDayRN and 4 others like this.
  12. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

Oh boy :rolleyes: people don’t wanna hear that. I don’t even know how Dr Fauci has managed not to lose his sh**. Or just thrown in the towel With us at this point.
    Bless him.

On any given day comments on local news include “You told us two weeks of “lockdown” (emphasis and eyeroll by me) !!!!! We flattened the curve months ago!!!!! Back to living my life!!!! Stay home if you’re scared!!!! yadda yadda.

Also Ive noticed ( with coworkers/who I have the most irl interactions) that the individuals who have their masks often down or off are the ones complaining about having to wear a mask (at work......in a medical facility....) “All the time OMG!?!?!?” Spare me.
    Eta- these same individuals keep up with socializing in groups and ignoring other precautions Inside and out of work. go figure. That’s helpful to ending this for everyone. .....not

13. dixiegirl1035

That indeed is forward thinking outside of the box. Don't know.

As to your lateral thinking, I did see a later post about nasal sprays and thought that was outside the box (although only good for 4 hours???) Interesting as to a market for someone who is about to do something in the next 4 hour period to even have such a need.

kimpage, anneg, JaneEyre and 2 others like this.
  14. musicaljoke

Heh! Ok, this is not funny, but one might make a mental note of not trying to perform a kung-fu kick on a store employee who may be trained in martial arts.

Nobody got hurt.

15. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

Oh dear...

It's kind of funny, but maybe someone did get hurt, the maskless gal tried to hand a bloody tissue to the store worker so perhaps the store worker drew blood.

Yeah, no matter how big or bad someone thinks they are, there's always somebody else out there who's a bit better. And, looks can be decieving.

LaborDayRN and Rocco like this.
  16. SouthAussie

Yes, such quick-but-brief protection may be good for a short flight, a movie, a concert, a football game.

I wonder if you could just have another spray of the stuff after 4 hours, for longer protection.

17. BUF

BUF Well-Known Member

United will try testing passengers on New York-to-London flights.

For a month, beginning in November, United Airlines will test passengers over the age of 2 for the coronavirus on select flights from Newark Liberty International Airport to Heathrow Airport in London, in a trial intended to help convince government officials that testing could be a crucial part of reopening international travel.

United will administer the rapid molecular Abbott ID Now Covid-19 test to people flying between Nov. 11 and Dec. 11 on Flight 14, departing at 7:15 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from Newark. Everyone hoping to be on those flights will have to test negative for the coronavirus to board the plane. Those who test positive will be isolated and asked to get in touch with their health care provider, and the airline will help them book a flight for a later date. People who do not want to take the test will be moved to another flight.

more at link... don’t know how I feel about this. Don’t those rapid test have false negatives?

kimpage, Midgie2, musicaljoke and 7 others like this.
  18. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

If the virus travels through the sewage system--and it appears that it does--how is it getting in there? From particles washed off hands down a sink? Is the virus shed through human waste?

Interesting they can predict a rise in infections by monitoring the amount of virus present in a community's sewage.

Aligning SARS-CoV-2 indicators via an epidemic model: application to hospital admissions and RNA detection in sewage sludge

19. dixiegirl1035

Yes, it travels through human waste as ACE2 receptors line the gut, into poop, and into sewage system. I find the sensitivity for such just incredible though! But it has been reported many places have monitored and written papers.

IIRC Dr. Seheult and Dr. Campbell first spoke about this in April, or was it May that it might be used as a future predictor/monitoring tool? And there have been a studies early on which were posted on threads so it indeed did later play out that yes, it is a monitoring tool.

Again, incredible to me!

20. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

oh I forgot to mention the testing thing is the excuse of the day lately (by sm commenters) “We have so many because we’re testing too much !!!! Stop testing so much !!!! Who cares Anyway they’re not even sick”

Wasn’t that testing math all sorted like months ago o_O

Also :oops: in a 5 minute conversation this week Same Person said all three....
    1. Increasing numbers ? “They’re testing too much”
    2. On schools -“ kids don’t get it. That’s what they say now anyway” (Me-almost lost my mind here)
    3. On interacting with others- “I’d know if they had it”

:confused:o_O:eek::(

Colorado303, kimpage, LeeAnnB and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.