Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #86

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spider92

Spider92 Well-Known Member

Thank you - I am a little pissy! And as SocalDavid pointed out, spouse is choosing the option that protects others but not me and the kids! I'm not too worried but yes my feathers are ruffled! Hopefully all turns out well.

2. margarita25

margarita25 Keep on rockin’ in the free world

It’s really great to see you :)

3. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

BBM

I’d be so far beyond “a little pissy” @Spider92, your husband would rue the day he met and married me! :mad: I know that’s not exactly helpful, but you have a right to expect your husband to protect his family. I hope y0u can find a way to keep yourself and your kids safe while you wait this out. Hugs!

Sunny123, SherryDG, Midgie2 and 10 others like this.
  4. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

❤️ I’ve been popping in a few times over the last month but have been a bit timid about posting. I felt out of practice typing and somewhat shy talking to y’all. My fingertips still have little sense of touch so I typo and backspace a bunch. I already feel improvement just since this morning. I’ve been on a serial posting spree today. Once I got back into the hang of it, I had so much to catch up on - I just kept going all day.

5. margarita25

“In Illinois, stricter coronavirus restrictions will go into effect Wednesday for some suburban counties.”

[...]

“"The virus is winning right now," Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker said on Twitter. The governor also hinted at a possible stay-at-home order as the Thanksgiving holiday approaches.“

[...]

“Illinois surpassed half a million confirmed cases Tuesday and reported more than 12,000 new daily cases, continuing its trend of record numbers in recent days.

“We all want this to be over, but we need to gird ourselves for winter. It’s not over yet … we have potentially months of the fight ahead of us,” Gov. JB Pritzker said, imploring residents to wear masks and to stop holding gatherings inside their homes. “Nine months is a long time, but we cannot let our guard down. Look at these numbers.”“

COVID news: 1M US cases in November; NFL approves contingency plan

6. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

So, I have a question here...a spouse has the "right" to be "pissy", because the other spouse, who is out working , was exposed to Covid?

This is a bad trend. Why blame someone for being exposed to Covid? You literally can't help it now, unless you don't leave the house.

I hope that my spouse is not "pissy" to me if I am under quarantine.

7. margarita25

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy
    • Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden, said a nationwide lockdown would help bring the virus under control in the U.S.
    • He said the government could borrow enough money to pay for a package that would cover lost income for individuals and governments during a shutdown.
    • “We could really watch ourselves cruising into the vaccine availability in the first and second quarter of next year while bringing back the economy long before that,” he said.

8. Spider92

Spider92 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm not upset at all that spouse was exposed to covid - nobody to blame for that. It just struck me that the school nurse called our house during last night's family dinner and offered 3 suggestions for containing the virus....and spouse chose just the one meant to protect those outside our household without even a discussion. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive as a mask wearing devotee and hand sanitizing freak.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  9. margarita25

10. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I thought the question wasn’t that the spouse was exposed? But that out of the three recommendations for household, he was only going to quarantine and not wear a mask indoors or stick to using one particular bathroom.
    I would not be pissy that he was exposed.
    I’d be worried every day he went in to that school! Concerned that he could have it? Yes!
    Upset that he wouldn’t stick to one bathroom and wear a mask.
    Hope that explains my response!
    (Although my pissy trigger is a bit quick these days)

11. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

I'd be pissed if that was my husband too. And it wouldn't be because he'd been exposed. It was because he was exposed and he's not willing to inconvenience himself in any way to protect the rest of his family. He's not being asked to sleep in a tent in the backyard, just wear a mask and use one dedicated bathroom. I know my husband would absolutely do that much at least. Sadly with this level of exposure in our communities families will need to find ways to shelter and protect others in their home.

12. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

Take care and Be safe :)
    From your link
    Just awful awful stuff all around. :(:mad:

13. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

14. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Plus open a window on either side of your house for some fresh air if you don’t have an air filtration system. Consider wearing a mask at home.

15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

16. SoCalDavidS

SoCalDavidS Well-Known Member

Your State:

A Montana County Is So Swamped by COVID They've Run Out of Teachers, Hospital Beds
    For seven emergency response physicians associated with the Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital in Hamilton, Montana, the rapid spike of coronavirus cases in the state has them at their breaking point.

The 80-year-old hospital system, named after one of the three “Copper Kings” of Butte, has seen the number of total infections double in the last few weeks—and the pandemic is slated to only get worse as winter looms.

In the last week alone, three residents in Ravalli County—where the hospital is located—have died from coronavirus complications. On Tuesday, all Stevensville schools were forced to close for two weeks and pivot to remote learning after the school system couldn’t find enough staff to fill classrooms.

At least four more schools in the county had to do the same in the past fortnight—including one school in which 40 percent of the students either had COVID-19 or had been in close contact with someone who did.

A Montana County Is So Swamped by COVID They’ve Run Out of Teachers, Hospital Beds

17. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

From an Australian interview ....

Dr Fauci said it was difficult to estimate what the final death toll in the US would be.
    "Every day, we seem to be setting another record for the number of cases," Dr Fauci said.

America's worsening coronavirus outbreak was not impossible to get under control, he said, but the task was becoming more difficult as the number of cases grew.
    He said that contact tracing was becoming more and more difficult and the only option was to turn to mass surveillance testing.
    "Not just testing people who are symptomatic, but testing society in general, to get a feel for what the penetration of asymptomatic transmission is," he said.
    "When you do that, you can then get people out of circulation who are infected to prevent them from infecting others."

"I don't think you need to lock down. I think people have a misperception that when you say, 'wear masks, avoid crowds, keep your distance', that that means locking down, it doesn't.

'Sitting on the beach, relaxing, enjoying the sun': Fauci would love the US to be where Australia is

(He also says - among other things - working with the administration on the coronavirus pandemic had "obviously been very stressful".
    "I mean, it's just, to deny that would be to deny reality," he said.
    "When you have public figures like Bannon calling for your beheading. That's really kind of unusual.
    "That's not the kind of thing you think about when you're going through medical school to become a physician.")

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  18. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It makes no sense. I wish these people would be able to safely tour the hospitals and see what’s happening.

I think most people are in favor of masks. You know, you can always tell the pulse of a nation or region by what advertisers and sellers do. Most stores mandate masks because they know if they don’t, people won’t come.

Those not in favor are causing the spread, though,
    IMO. At least in part. It’s a shame. Lives altered and an economy devastated because failure to wear masks is causing bankrupting illness in thousands of people and is making it hard to fully reopen. Which we could do if everyone played by the rules.

So while I think most people want to, there’s a significant majority causing trouble for us all.

Han, Midgie2, WichitaFalls and 7 others like this.
  19. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

“We have not even come close to the peak, and as such, our hospitals are now being overrun,” said Dr. Michael Osterholm, a member of President-elect Joe Biden’s Covid task force.

The upcoming holidays set the country up for a lethal winter and spring since hospitalizations and deaths lag newly diagnosed infections by a few weeks.

Ohio has had an “unprecedented spike” in Covid-19 hospital admissions.
    ICU beds in Tulsa, Oklahoma, are full.
    North Dakota’s hospitals don’t have enough doctors and nurses.
    Hospital administrators in Iowa are warning that they are approaching their limits.

“What America has to understand is that we are about to enter Covid hell,” Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center of Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said in an interview

U.S. prepares for worst four months of the pandemic as it stares down the 'darkest' days yet

Mo Thuairim, Luckyzmom, anneg and 6 others like this.
  20. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.