Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #91

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

I think he will increase the mandate with the increase of cases of the variants.
    He will show the facts and will Fauci.
    And all news sources will carry the facts, so more will hear it.

2. nhmemorymaker

3. nhmemorymaker

In one of your articles---this was very discouraging.
    "Governor Kim Reynolds announced on a press conference on Thursday that the state ranks in 46th place when it comes to the amount of doses it is being allocated by the federal government"

People asking if they can go to other states??? How is that working. Florida welcomes loads of out of staters who fly in from around the country and world. groan.

4. nhmemorymaker

Too much silence on the South African and Brazil mutants....
    We have to stay on top of those.

5. nhmemorymaker

6. nhmemorymaker

But after 5 years of 40,000+ lies, and over 400,000+ deaths...... we'll get there. At aleast there will be significantly more transparency going forward. We are all WSers, we know we have to stay on top of the facts... I guess we will always have knitpicking over little things that seem to contradict.... but real real serious plans and goals are so important.

I am just feeling more secure than I have in well over a year regarding this virus, and more assured that we will plow through and come out of it. Starting to dream of international airline tickets!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  7. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Sorry, I cannot figure out. I do see previous stuff, and on one site it says none today. Today's Briefing Schedule - United States Department of State Dunno.

Ha! @SouthAussie doesn't even live here in US but is so great knowing all, perhaps s/he knows ;)

8. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Because it only protects the person wearing it. They blow their unfiltered air right out at you.

roche.analisa, kimpage, sds71 and 7 others like this.
  9. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

10. nhmemorymaker

Doesn't the Fed have to approve "no fee vaccine"? I didn't think it was absolute, or forever??

11. dixiegirl1035

From this am 1/22/2021 Dr. Campbell

12. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

For many years (and two different BCBS - employment via huge national corporations) insurance would not pay for vaccines at CVS, Target, etc.

I have to make an appointment at my doctors office for vaccinations if I want insurance to pay. Every vaccine done that way has been free. Walk in, jab, walk out. No cost whatsoever.
    No waiting or standing around a bunch of people inside a store.

I had to get a tetanus shot at a CVS minute clinic and paid full price out of pocket.

All depends on the insurance policy which if through your employer sometimes isn’t much choice with options.

13. dixiegirl1035

That's my point. It's a "no fee vaccine" but many in the US, if we get a vaccine at the Dr. office... it is indeed "no fee". But Drs are allowed to add on charges for the injection by a nurse $$$$, the fee for the visit $$$$ with many insurance companies. It's kinda complex due to laws/insurance as this is not yet an "approved" vaccine under law. Due to it being EUA, some insurance companies are not/and are not required to cover the added chit that Dr. offices add on

MOO

To be honest, I'm not sure of what you are asking so just took a shot, if you could expound?

And yes, IIRC MOO the US said that this was for pandemic they would cover, but I think longer term it will be like other vaccines... that are high priority/required (they cannot require under EUA MOO) that they will eventually cover.

And then we get back to what I stated earlier. Many docs charge chit fees on TOP to come into their office for the vaccine which is NOT covered MOO.

All is MOO and my experience and others of making a mistake one time with a vaccine... others here can chime in and help for us to learn as I may be off my rocker and ignorant.

ETA: Yep, as Mimosa just now stated, different insurance does different. Last year I had BCBS, this year I have Kaiser. IIRC, Kaiser wants me to come to them, and BCBS said full with CVS/Kroger/Publix yet Dr. office did those add on charges.

They are confusing and different, and since EUA... it's crazy in the US. MOO. I think I'll call Kaiser right now to learn for the future! Thanks for the heads up for me doing so!

Will Kroger cover me fully now even if Kaiser doesn't cover with plan? Dunno? (Three friends just got this week there)

We'll see.. and would love to hear from others.

14. dixiegirl1035

Meg Tirrell @megtirrell
    · 33m
    Pfizer says its #covid19 vaccine trial in kids ages 12-15 is fully enrolled w 2,259 participants as of yesterday

Update: Re where I can get vaccine for free with my new Kaiser Plan. (I was with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield last year)

In the US, it does appear that you have to go through insurance? HUH?

I just called my insurance company that is new this year, Kaiser Permanente. They said that I would be outside of coverage and would not be paid for if I went to Kroger or Publix etc. which are being done in my area.

It's so confusing as I thought all were free? I think the customer service person is incorrect? This is disconcerting and misleading?

15. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

My heart breaks thinking if what President Biden is doing now regarding managing the virus, was done from the beginning, you would not see 400,000 deaths. I would estimate there might be 80,000--- If the former president had advocated for masks, advocated for closing down bars, restaurants, and advocated for not gathering and travelling during the holidays, there is no question there would so many less deaths.

My husband just found out one of the guys on his golf league died of Covid
    a few days ago: He was 80- It sounds like he was hospitalized, discharged but then re-hospitalized and passed away. I think that made my husband (Trump lover that he is) realize how dire this situation is.

16. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania state Rep. Mike Reese dies at age 42

More at link

Pennsylvania Rep. Mike Reese died Saturday afternoon after suffering an apparent brain aneurysm, his family announced.

Reese — who was elected in 2008 to serve parts of Westmoreland and Somerset counties — was 42 years old. He is survived by his wife, Angela, and three children.

“On behalf of the entire House Republican Caucus, I extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to the family of Rep. Mike Reese,” House Majority Leader Kerry Benninghoff said in a statement. “More than a friend to all of us, and one of our caucus leaders, Mike was a devoted husband and father. His wife, three young children and extended family are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.”

Reese was elected to Republican caucus chairman for the 2020–21 session. He announced earlier this month that he was in quarantine after testing positive for the coronavirus. It’s unclear if his death was related to the virus.

17. CrimeAway

CrimeAway Well-Known Member

DBM

Tadpole12 likes this.
  18. Midgie2

Midgie2 Well-Known Member

We just found out that an usher from our church has past away from Covid. He was in his forties.

19. dmac55

dmac55 Well-Known Member

20. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

:( Sorry to hear that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.