Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Americans Must Be Vaccinated to Thwart Variants, Expert Says

Variants mean more in the U.S. must get vaccinated and here is the key phrase:
IT IS THE ONLY WAY OUT
I really think there are too many people that just fail to understand that simple fact- and I fear if we do not reach a certain threshold of vaccinations in this country new variants will keep popping up and killing people and eventually the vaccines will be ineffective against the constant new variants.

IT IS THE ONLY WAY OUT
I really think there are too many people that just fail to understand that simple fact- and I fear if we do not reach a certain threshold of vaccinations in this country new variants will keep popping up and killing people and eventually the vaccines will be ineffective against the constant new variants.

NFL player swears off vaccination, suggests he'll defy rules
More at link
Beasley, 32, said in a statement on Twitter that he's prepared for the consequences, including decreased income.

"I'll play for free this year to live life how I've lived it from day one," he said. "If I'm forced into retirement, so be it."

Beasley, in the third year of a four-year, $29 million contract, said he would face the pandemic by eating well and exercising. "That is MY CHOICE based on MY experiences and what I think is best," he said.

"I’ll be out in the public," he warned. "If your scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated."

Bbm or as the Facebook commenting crowd says “if you’re scared just stay in your basement Karen I’m livin my life”

Last edited:

IT IS THE ONLY WAY OUT

The latest Dr. Cambell video reviewed papers that said that the natural R value for the Delta variant is 7-8! I think most folks here have also learned that the Delta variant has only 33% protection if you get just one of the two doses for the mRNA's, so hopefully educated folks will get that second dose if needed.

Many L.A. cops and firefighters aren't vaccinated against COVID-19. Is this a public safety threat?

Cops and firefighters lagging on having the vaccine---- Considering how they interact with the public, are they a threat to public safety?

I would think cops especially would choose to be vaccinated. They interact with the public on a daily basis, up-close interactions sometimes.

What I'm hearing mostly from those who decline the shot is that they "think" they had covid.

I'm sure a number of the non-vaccinated probably did have covid, but if they weren't tested, they don't really know for sure.

While the vaccines are probably effective against Delta and other variants, how long will actual infection antibodies last? And, who knows if those antibodies will protect against variants?

NFL player swears off vaccination, suggests he'll defy rules
More at link
Beasley, 32, said in a statement on Twitter that he's prepared for the consequences, including decreased income.

"I'll play for free this year to live life how I've lived it from day one," he said. "If I'm forced into retirement, so be it."

Beasley, in the third year of a four-year, $29 million contract, said he would face the pandemic by eating well and exercising. "That is MY CHOICE based on MY experiences and what I think is best," he said.

"I’ll be out in the public," he warned. "If your scared of me then steer clear, or get vaccinated."

Bbm or as the Facebook commenting crowd says “if you’re scared just stay in your basement Karen I’m livin my life”

Selfish doesn't even begin to get it- He is probably the type of person physically that would not get ill from this virus: he most likely would an asymptomatic carrier, you know, just spreading it to others, without even giving it a thought. Disgusting. Although it is difficult to feel too bad for people who contract the virus who are not vaccinated. The problem is that a small percentage of people who are vaccinated can still contract the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member