Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

We, in the US, keep studying Isreal to see how things are progressing.....
    I hope schools in other states are watching what is happening in Florida.

Florida’s most recent weekly COVID-19 report showed one out of every four infections happened in someone 19 or younger.

"The most recent seven-day period in state data, Aug. 13 through Aug. 19, showed children 12 and younger have a positivity rate of 23 percent. Those age 12 to 19 have a positivity rate of nearly 25 percent."

COVID-19 impacting children, teens at higher rate than any other age group in Florida | WFLA

2. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

3. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

Oregon hospital has plate-smashing booth for doctors and nurses stressed over Delta surge * Global news 24hours

Lisa, a nurse in Salem Hospital’s full ICU, told reporters she’s frustrated and sad at the crush of unvaccinated COVID-19 patients. “We’ve been dealing with the second wave when we thought — I guess we hoped — it wouldn’t come,” she said, hours after a COVID-19 patient had died in the ICU. “And it’s come. And it’s harder and worse, way worse, than before.”

Lisa said that unlike the first wave, she is vaccinated and isn’t scared for her own life, and the hospital has created new ways of coping with the angst. “The hospital’s wellness department, which normally recommends yoga and deep breathing for relaxation, recently set up a booth and filled it with dinner plates,” AP reports.

[​IMG]
    “We put on safety glasses,” Lisa said. “And we took plates and we shattered them. And I kept going back. I kept going back, and they told me I had enough turns.”

4. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

5. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

6. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

7. beatrixpotter

beatrixpotter Well-Known Member

For me the divide often seems to be previous history. Most people have never had any serious illness or medical issues. Everyone I know who is cocky about covid also is just cocky about their health.

They just assume their immune system is good to go. Most people seem overly confident in themselves without just case, whether it's their ability to hold their own in an argument or it's their immune system.

8. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  9. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

10. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

11. beatrixpotter

How is covid among your friends and family now? Today I learned the family of some local friends is in the hospital with talk of intubation and survival rate while intubated. :/

Other friends discovered they have covid this week and most of them are quarantined in the house. One of their children has heart defects and a pulse ox at rest lower than people are heading into the hospital for. Said child is quarantined from the rest with plates pushed into his room to try and keep him safe. Dad works in an ER and is angry because the hospital is forcing him to work daily with a house full of covid. They won't let him take FMLA to take care of his family either. They are insisting daily pcr tests are good enough. He risks his job if he refuses.

Someone told me about a local doctor that prescribes ivermectin. I've started following the practice on FB. The nurse practitioner who works with him updates daily with him on how many patients the office saw, how many were covid positive, treatment modalities offered as well as listings of other illness treated that day. The doctor is a referee at the Paralympic Games and out of office right now for it. I'm impressed with how they stay open hours later than closing trying to fit in all their patients. Also note they will prescribe patients oxygen for at home when they need it and will give IV support there in office.

Daily covid case rates in our local public schools has tripled in the last two weeks. As of last week they now "recommend" mask wearing. Like that influences anyone?? A friend an hour away in the same state just wrote me excited that their schools are now mandating masks again.
    [​IMG]

12. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

13. beatrixpotter

14. Lilibet

Southern Oregon…

New outdoor mask requirement for whole state…

Oregon Gov. Brown announces outdoor mask mandate
    And on Facebook the loonies are irate!

Southern Oregon has one of the highest COVID growth rates in the nation

Ha! Dream on Public Health Department!…

https://kobi5.com/news/local-news/jackson-co-public-health-hopes-for-increase-in-vaccinations-following-pfizers-full-fda-approval-165429/?fbclid=IwAR0glBRTEIj13rGBRGOzMR1SH9KivoH5sVdDcicdKuXkBTPqWJUI4Y0Dl88

Facebook comments show that the anti-vaxxers keep moving the goal posts. Some are saying the FDA didn’t approve Pfizer…”alternate facts”:

15. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

You are describing my daughter's boyfriend. His job tests him for Covid 3x a week. So he feels safe in that regard. And he is quarantining very strictly. But he has never been sick a day in his life. Only had the flu one time, when he was 13. But he is a very strict VEGAN. NEVER eats anything processed or unhealthy, never.

He eats the healthiest of anyone I have ever known. And works out every day. Gets up and runs the dog at 5 am before work, every day. lifts weights and does exercises before dinner.

My daughter is the healthiest she has ever been as well---but we convinced her to get her vaccinations. He said if his union requires him to get them, he will consider it. Other wise, no way.

I have tried hard to explain why he needs to take them. He insists his immune system is at peak level and he does not want that 'poison' in his system. If he was any one else I would be able to argue. But as I said, he eats purely and cleanly and takes the utmost care of himself.

I send them articles about young healthy people who are dying from Delta----but I dont know if it is getting through to him. His parents and brother all got it before Delta, and had no bad symptoms so he thinks he will be fine. I try to tell him it is DELTA and much stronger.

They are getting married and my husband wants to tell him, no marriage until you get the double jabs. lol

16. anneg

anneg Well-Known Member

Geez louise!

17. Kaley Smith

Kaley Smith Well-Known Member

A 22 yr old nurse in my city just starting her career refused the vaccine early in the year because she was afraid it would make her infertile. She died of Covid, or should I say the false information on FB led to her death?

ParkerParky, CrimeAway, Niner and 6 others like this.
  18. Kaley Smith

Kaley Smith Well-Known Member

Your daughter should ask him to read this article... how Covid killed this unvaccinated ironman athlete and mountain climber in a matter of just 4 weeks. 'Ironman' twin brother dies of Covid after refusing jabs

19. Lilibet

DBM

pocketaccent and otto like this.
  20. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.