Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re currently out of some of the caps that go on the blood draw tubes - they’re color coded- different colors for different tests. So not a huge deal as they can work around it. But it’s a nationwide shortage I guess.

I had a bizarre text message from my doctor's surgery here in the south of England today. It says "due to a global shortage of blood bottles we are unable to provide routine blood tests until further notice". Apparently urgent samples requested by a doctor will still be taken but other appointments will be cancelled. What?!!

Last edited:
Big shout out to Silly Billy! Thank you for keeping this thread on track.

Jasmine Clifford, 31, is accused of selling 250 forced vaccination cards through her Instagram account, @AntiVaxMomma, and worked with Nadayza Barkley, 27, who fraudulently entered at least 10 people into the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS) database, according to the district attorney.

Both Clifford and Barkley are charged with offering a false instrument for filing and conspiracy. Clifford was also charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument.

15 charged in fake COVID-19 vaccine card conspiracy in NY: Manhattan DA | PIX11

Correct me if I'm wrong, but forging vaccination documents could be a federal offense.

Altering hospital database records has to be a very serious crime, too.

I hope they make an example of them in court.

This kind of criminal activity needs to be nipped in the bud.

And now I'm wondering just how many vaccinated breakthrough cases in hospitals are actually true and how many are fakers.

Luckily I don't think vaccination rates will be affected by the false data entries. From what I understand that has different sourcing based on actual shots being administered.

The scare tactics she says was the government withholding freedoms.

I imagine this being forced business shut downs and mask mandates and vaccine mandates maybe.
IMO, her reference to government scare tactics means 'It's not my fault, it's the governments fault".

Because it's always the government's fault. No matter what they do, or don't do, the government is to blame for everything. It's the modern theology, IMO.

This article is jaw dropping and belongs in "Believe it or not"
Un-believable.

Woman wins court fight: Animal dewormer to be given to spouse who has COVID-19

An Ohio judge has ordered a hospital to administer an animal deworming medicine
(Ivermectin) to man in ICU with Covid-19. The man's wife had sought to have him treated with Ivermectin. The man, age 52, will receive 30 mg of this drug on a daily
basis for 3 weeks.

The article describes that the wife found Ivermectin on her own and connected with Dr. Fred Wagshul, an Ohio physician who her lawsuit identifies as " one of the foremost experts on using Ivermectin in treating Covid-19" . He prescribed the
drug AND THE HOSPITAL REFUSED TO ADMINISTER IT.

Pretty stunning, don't you think???

So what happens if he dies while taking a horse dewormer? maybe she will sue the hospital for medical malpractice LOL -- wouldn't put it past her

We document all vaccinations that patients receive in their medical record. All vaccines are documented in the state vaccine registry as well.

Even before COVID we received frequent calls from patients asking when their last tetanus shot was, or if their kids were due for childhood vaccinations for school, etc.

Every time we fill out forms for sports physicals, college or trade school physicals, etc. we have to either enter all the vaccinations and dates or attach a printed copy of the state registry record.

vaxed in a neighboring state- does my home state have the vax record? they do not! I checked. which also means that their records in general may be missing a lot of data.... I have not lost my card but thought it would be nice if it was in an official data base. la la la.

20 Reasons Vaccine Skeptics Changed Their Mind And Got Vaxxed Against COVID

"I was initially skeptical about the shot since it came out so quickly, and I was planning on holding out until the shots had been around longer.

However, I work retail, and a lot of the customers are unhygienic. The day I decided I was getting the vaccine was the day a customer took off his mask, coughed for several minutes, and mentioned he had the flu. Although it was the flu and not COVID-19, it let me know how at-risk I actually was."

"We wanted to wait and see if there would side effects because of how quickly it was released. But when our doctor asked us if we wanted to stay in our house for 10 more years to see if people have reactions, or if we wanted to start living life again, that did it."

sub-buzz-2893-1627581401-1.jpg

"I was worried about taking something that had only just been created because I have a lot of random allergies and didn't want complications. My fiancé refused to take it because his coworkers are the type of conservatives that believe the government is always trying to interfere with people's rights and the pandemic is fake news.

Anyone considering the vaccine had to listen to the owners' conspiracy theories until they changed their mind. When people I knew with various anaphylactic allergies came out OK post-vaccine, I decided to get it in order to protect family members who couldn't in case I brought it home.

Meanwhile, my fiancé's work started having COVID outbreaks, and his employers encouraged people not to get tested or to lie about their workplace so they could fly under public health officials' radar. Eventually the fact that his work was not doing anything to protect him or anyone else spooked him enough to get it."

"During quarantine, my grandpa ended up on this email thread with his brother and became convinced that the vaccine was poison. It shocked me that someone so intelligent could fall for something like that, so instead of yelling and screaming at him as was my first instinct, I very calmly asked him why he felt that way.

He explained that he didn’t trust the science behind it because it came out too quick, etc. I then pointed out that science is the reason he still had a family. I explained that if it weren't for science, my older sister would have died from the cancer she beat a decade ago,

I probably would have died from an asthma attack before I was 2, my grandmother would be long dead from her easily treatable heart condition, and at least three of my cousins wouldn’t exist without IVF. At that point, he realized I was right and got the shot four days later."

Last edited:
My DIL is 20 weeks pregnant and works in a public arena.
She has been mandated to get vaxed within the month or she doesn't have a job.

This is a woman whom won't take a paracetamol for headache because she is pregnant.
(not an anti-vaxxer by any means she is otherwise vaccinated for most things)
But being pregnant she is out of her mind with anxiety worrying about her baby and the yet to be determined long term effects of covid 19 vax's on unborn children.
Does anyone know where I can find informed positive literature for her to read.
Any links or point me in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.:)

(She is mid 20s, already had 1 child, no health issues.)
We are in Australia. Around the world info is welcome.

The oz gov website doesn't have a lot.

TIA

Seriously ya'll, I read my local Covid news and I just want to run away to.....well, I don't know. Somewhere where people have brains. :( Can this WS thread community just start a commune somewhere?
A commune is a fantastic idea!

Every day we deal with patients who tell us they won’t get a COVID vaccine, stating one or more reasons that they say they read on social media.

Then these same patients call us when they get sick, saying they tested positive for COVID and need an appointment because they are sick.

Nearly always they come to the clinic not wearing a mask. We have to provide them with one, which they wear in the clinic but throw into the trash on their way out the door. So they are sick with COVID, yet not wearing a mask.

Our job has become beyond frustrating.

This is a woman whom won't take a paracetamol for headache because she is pregnant.
But being pregnant she is out of her mind with anxiety worrying about her baby and the yet to be determined long term effects of covid 19 vax's on unborn children.

TIA
Our OB/GYN doctor recommends all her pregnant patients get vaccinated. She tells them that the vaccine clinical trials included pregnant women. I believe there is information on the CDC website.

TIA

Congratulations! :) I hope this is reassuring from the Centers for Disease Control and other sources. You can dig deeper by following links within links. This should get you started.

“CDC encourages all pregnant people or people who are thinking about becoming pregnant and those breastfeeding to get vaccinated to protect themselves from COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky. “The vaccines are safe and effective, and it has never been more urgent to increase vaccinations as we face the highly transmissible Delta variant and see severe outcomes from COVID-19 among unvaccinated pregnant people.”

Previously, data from three safety monitoring systems did not find any safety concerns for pregnant people who were vaccinated late in pregnancy or for their babies. Combined, these data and the known severe risks of COVID-19 during pregnancy demonstrate that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine for pregnant people outweigh any known or potential risks.
More at link:
Vaccination Considerations for People Pregnant or Breastfeeding

More detail about studies:
Although the overall risk of severe illness is low, pregnant and recently pregnant people are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 when compared with non-pregnant people. Severe illness includes illness that requires hospitalization, intensive care, need for a ventilator or special equipment to breathe, or illness that results in death. Additionally, pregnant people with COVID-19 are at increased risk of preterm birth and might be at increased risk of other adverse pregnancy outcomes, compared with pregnant women without COVID-19.

Evidence about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination during pregnancy, although limited, has been growing. These data suggest that the benefits of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine outweigh any known or potential risks of vaccination during pregnancy.
  • No adverse pregnancy-related outcomes occurred in previous clinical trials that used the same vaccine platform as the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine: Vaccines that use the same viral vector have been given to pregnant people in all trimesters of pregnancy, including in a large-scale Ebola vaccination trial. No adverse pregnancy-related outcomes, including adverse outcomes affecting the baby, were associated with vaccination in these trials. Learn more about how viral vector vaccines work.
  • COVID-19 vaccines do not cause infection, including in pregnant people or their babies: None of the COVID-19 vaccines contain the live virus that causes COVID-19 so a COVID-19 vaccine cannot make anyone sick with COVID-19, including pregnant people or their babies.
Much more at link:
Vaccination Considerations for People Pregnant or Breastfeeding

BBM

John’s Hopkins info:
The COVID-19 Vaccine and Pregnancy: What You Need to Know

Getting Covid can cause a premature birth because doctors need to save the mother.
Doctor pleads with pregnant women to get COVID-19 vaccine

But, what about the healthcare providers who are expecting? Are they choosing to be vaccinated during pregnancy?

Gundersen obstetrician/gynecologist and mother-to-be, Megan Heinlein, MD, did her research and concluded the vaccine is safer than the effects of COVID-19 on her and her unborn baby.

"I trust the greater scientific community," Dr. Heinlein says. "The leading professional societies in the field of obstetrics and gynecology have come out with statements emphasizing access to the COVID-19 vaccine for pregnant and lactating women, and the importance of decisions about the vaccine being made by patients and their healthcare providers."
The COVID-19 vaccine: A pregnant doctor's perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members