Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

Discussion in 'Coronavirus - Covid-19' started by Amonet, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

2. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Geez, that’s a heck of a way to get news of Covid classroom contacts out to parents.
    I hope he feels better soon, that cough sounds scary. Can’t remember if they are wearing masks in your schools?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  4. nhmemorymaker

nhmemorymaker Well-Known Member

AND I am trying to go to Canada.... might be able to next month--but still think entry may be denied again....

5. nhmemorymaker

I agree with all of this... And I don't think anyone can argue about the stellar research done in Isreal. We are all fortunate to be getting their fact based results.

6. nhmemorymaker

There are so many issues going on in Florida right now--hard to even keep up. Covering up Data, School closures-->back to remote, Governor fining schools for masks, governor fining businesses for "asking if vaccinated".... No end to controversy.

but just showing you how vaccinations are going in Florida... ONLY 50% for the whole state...but look at these statistics!!
    Lowest rates in these five counties

Holmes County (23%)
    Washington County (25%)
    Calhoun County (26%)
    Union County (26%)
    Dixie County (26%)

COVID-19 vaccinations in Florida rising amid outbreak, delta variant

7. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

8. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

9. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

We plan to over the weekend. This is not the first time he's been tested. He was tested before summer camp in June. He was a camp with 1000 other kids from around the US and internationaly, NOT one kid got sick. My older grandson was a same camp for a MONTH, again NOT one kid sick with Covid.He washes his hands frequently, wears a mask with no problem. Its got to be school related, no one in the family or extended family is sick.

He seems better today, I am baby sitting, wearing a mask and spending time outside while he sleeps.

The will be 7 in Jan, this is the second time in his life he's been sick.

Moo

Lilibet, anneg, weepingangel and 6 others like this.
  10. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

Governor of Virginia finally mandated mask in school but many have exemptions. School Superintendent refuses to give a count or percentage of vaccinated staff. It's just a big mess in Virginia many schools have shut down for a week or more,due to outbreaks. Add in the lack of bus drivers for the entire state, schools are struggling to even get the kids to school. One system is offering a weekly per diem if you drop off and pick up. Thank goodness we don't have that nightmare. We drive ours to and from.

11. Knitty

Knitty Well-Known Member

No kidding. My anti-vax sister and her entire family were sick, but only one got tested, so five positives weren't counted. And I'm embarrassed to tell you all this, but I will . . .
    My niece had a babysitting job the day before she had symptoms. She told the family that everybody in her family had symptoms, and they told her to wear a mask and come anyway. I literally yelled at my sister for not making her stay home. The entire family she babysat - two kids and both adults got sick. My sister says it was their choice and not her or her daughter's fault.

12. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

So 2nd shot. Nope they do not notify the Doctor. You tell your Doctor yourself and my Doctor didn't even ask.

Got both shots without:

1.) ID identification
    2.) Insurance information
    3.) Doctor information

Basically I was Jane Doe just me myself and I

Anyone in this Country can find a place to get a vaccine without these things. Illegal aliens could get vaccinated here with zero papers.

Well, they wanted the white vaccination card they gave me the 1st time I was there for my 1st shot, that is a must.

[​IMG]

Experts Explain Why You Shouldn’t Laminate Your COVID-19 Vaccine Card

Reason is because you may need to add booster information to it later on.

13. weepingangel

weepingangel Well-Known Member

I just had my first ever covid test
    No symptoms but since I’m seeing my gbaby this weekend and the testing site was open and a block away from work I figured Why not :D
    Missed the crowd so it took about 15 minutes total - halfway up the nostril swab only - easy peasy
    Theres vaxing at the same site and ratio of testing to vax looked at least 20 to 1. Hoping to get the results back by Saturday.

14. weepingangel

15. anneg

anneg Well-Known Member

I posted about this article earlier this week and included this cartoon from the article:
    [​IMG]

16. Cool Cats

This fake ‘Maderna’ vaccine card sees woman facing a year in prison and $5,000 fine in Hawaii

upload_2021-9-2_12-26-24.png

Chloe Mrozak, 24, was arrested at Oahu’s Daniel K. Inouy International Airport on Sunday, and is being held on $2,000 bail.

State investigators were tipped off that she may have uploaded false documents under the state’s Safe Travels Program in order to skip traveler quarantine rules, which require unvaccinated visitors to self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.

Mrozak arrived in Oahu a week ago Monday on a Southwest flight, according to court documents, and left the airport before screeners could confirm her hotel reservations. She listed a Waikiki Holiday Inn Express as her local accommodations, but when investigators checked with the hotel, they found no reservations under her name.

What’s more, her handwritten COVID vaccine card also claimed she was vaccinated in Delaware by members of the National Guard, but when the authorities checked with the state, there was no record of her vaccination.

The state investigators found Mrozak at the airport as she was preparing to leave Hawaii at the end of her trip. She told the arresting officer that she got her vaccination from her doctor at her doctor’s office, documents say, and that she paid for the shot. (In fact, vaccines are being distributed for free).

Mrozak is being held at the Oahu Community Correctional Center, accused of falsifying vaccination documents, which is a misdemeanor. If convicted, she faces up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000.

A Florida couple was also arrested early last month on suspicion that they used fake vaccine cards to travel to Hawaii with their two children.
    And two more travelers were arrested at Daniel K. Inouye Airport last month for allegedly using fake vaccination cards to come to the Hawaiian islands.

17. weepingangel

betcha she thought she was sooooo smort :rolleyes:
    This is what we’re dealing with. Heaven help us.

CharlestonGal, Niner, 303gmf and 8 others like this.
  18. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

Whether or not she ends up with a criminal record, her name and face are now all over the internet for forging an official document, I'd say her future job prospects just got a whole lot dimmer.

On the other hand, she'll probably get lots of romantic interest from ex-cons, so that might cheer her up.

19. Cool Cats

Secret vaxxers: These Americans are getting COVID vaccinations but not telling anyone

They're getting COVID-19 vaccinations but not telling their anti-vaxxer friends, family or colleagues, fearing alienation from the people around them.

About 1 in 6 vaccinated Americans say they're keeping it a secret from at least some people, while more than 1 in 17 aren't telling anyone, according to a Harris Poll survey conducted exclusively for USA TODAY.

In many cases, vaccinated people hide it because they know people in their life wouldn't approve.

Such is the case for William, a manufacturing employee in Maine who got vaccinated but isn't revealing it at work. His boss has argued, falsely, that the COVID vaccines were "experimental," claimed incorrectly that they were "rushed" and mentioned bogus conspiracy theories that the shots were being used to install tracking chips in people.

William scheduled his shots during off-hours to avoid suspicion from his boss. He requested that this last name not be used in this story out of fear of losing his job if his supervisor reads it. His boss, he said, has ranted about COVID-related restrictions and intimidated workers who expressed opposing views.

“I was very uncomfortable with the idea of letting the supervisor know that I was going out to get a COVID shot,” William said. “It does feel quite hostile.”

While people who don’t want to tell others about their vaccination status are naturally reticent to be interviewed for a story like this, the evidence suggests that William is not alone in hiding his inoculation for fear of social consequences.

20. Cool Cats

Double

Satchie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.