Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't make sense to count someone who isn't vaccinated, as fully vaccinated.

From the articles I've read, being infected and recovering does provide some level of immunity/antibody. The issue is that it doesn't seem to provide a consistent level, so someone with a lower level of antibodies would still be at risk of reinfection.
They should be counted as among the percentage needed for herd immunity. Studies have already shown they carry a higher amount of antibodies than vaccinated and further studies have seemed to show they are more resistant to Delta.

Recovering from COVID does not equal vaccination.

I wish it did, because there are so many who refuse to be vaccinated even after getting COVID.
They are the ones who should not be vaccinated. I’ve never been vaccinated with the MMR vaccine or the chicken pox vaccine, because I had those diseases and a vaccine would not help me.

They are the ones who should not be vaccinated. I’ve never been vaccinated with the MMR vaccine or the chicken pox vaccine, because I had those diseases and a vaccine would not help me.
But people who get COVID can get it again. And it could be a worse case the next time they get it.

We’ve had patients who were very sick with COVID, and got COVID again and were even sicker the second time.

They should be counted as among the percentage needed for herd immunity. Studies have already shown they carry a higher amount of antibodies than vaccinated and further studies have seemed to show they are more resistant to Delta.
I just found an article from a week ago, stating the unpredictability of antibodies after infection, and how some have none.

COVID-19 natural immunity versus vaccination

You should get a shingles vaccine. If you have had chicken pox you can get shingles.
I know that.
COULD have immunity for years. But not necessarily. Many people have had COVID and then had it again months later.
I also know of children that got chicken pox more than once. People that are vaccinated for covid also are getting covid. Ignoring natural immunity is not right. It is ignoring science.

You are much more likely to have serious complications from COVID if you are not vaccinated.

If you are vaccinated you are less likely to get COVID.

We just lost another young, healthy, unvaccinated patient to COVID

Please get vaccinated.
Again, you are sidestepping the point. Those that have recovered from covid should not be required to receive that vaccine.

My grandkids are too young to get vaccinated. Short of never taking them off the property, its a bit hard to protect them from unvaccinated folks.

I seriously don't appreciate it.

I still stand behind choice. Even though I'm fed up with irresponsibility. For one, if you refuse to get vaccinated and die, I guess you won't be the one mourning your death. That's a high cost you're willing to make others pay on your behalf. But, your choice.

My grandkids are too young to get vaccinated. Short of never taking them off the property, its a bit hard to protect them from unvaccinated folks.

I seriously don't appreciate it.

I still stand behind choice. Even though I'm fed up with irresponsibility. For one, if you refuse to get vaccinated and die, I guess you won't be the one mourning your death. That's a high cost you're willing to make others pay on your behalf. But, your choice.
Problem is, by the time they do, there is no telling how many people they may have infected. Here is a quote from some very intelligent person on line

"Freedom is not a stand alone, absolute paradigm. We have thousands of laws and
ordinances that address the greater good for society's health and safety. Often unwritten are the additional moral obligations and responsibilities good citizens,
mature citizens self-invoke for their betterment and each of ours. Covid is a public
health crisis that is far worse than it needs to be because of those who feel no
responsibility to society."

That is why I do not buy the "personal choice" excuse/defense for not getting vaccinated.

I had a documented case of Covid last Nov. I was tested for antibodies in Feb when I donated plasma. I had none. They don’t always last a long time.
The same thing happens sometimes with vaccinated people. Not e wry body develops antibodies. The point I am making is why are those that recovered not treated the same as those vaccinated?

The same thing happens sometimes with vaccinated people. Not e wry body develops antibodies. The point I am making is why are those that recovered not treated the same as those vaccinated?

Because they’re not the same. The vaccine makes any covid infection much milder for the vast majority of cases and makes for far fewer cases of long covid. It also makes it more unlikely to mutate.

I, like you, was indeed vaccinated for smallpox. I have that nice round dime sized scar on my upper left arm. I’m sincerely thankful that I, like you, had that vaccine and did not have to suffer through smallpox itself to develop any immunity.

I’m old enough to have had the mumps and chicken pox. My cousin became deaf due to the measles.
My own children and grandchildren won’t have these diseases because they have the MMR. I’m profoundly grateful they’re immune due to vaccines rather than suffering through the disease first.

You’ve probably had the polio vaccine too. Again, I respect your right to refuse but I would guess you’re grateful that your parents made sure you had your smallpox and polio vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member