Coronavirus Vaccine: Would you/did you get it?

If you were offered the Pfizer vaccine in the next 30 days would you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So lovely to read about you all being so happy and emotional to be vaccinated! I should be eligible for my first vaccination some time between August and October according to the most recent (Irish) vaccine calculator I entered my details into, but the government are now suggesting June might a possibility for my age group with a new fast-tracked schedule. We'll see. I am not high risk and happy to wait while our more vulnerable population get their vaccinations first... but still, I am so looking forward to it! I'm glad you are all feeling such relief and able to resume doing at least some of the things you loved before all this happened...
Mo, your avatar is awesome.

I have SO wanted to go for sushi. But, here in So. California I can't find anyone serving. Take out is just not the same imo. Fully vaccinated for 3 weeks now.

I feel that. I'm in WA and won't be able to get vaccinated until Apr. 15, but more than anything I want to go get a spray tan and go to a steakhouse.

Had my J&J injection about 24 hours ago!! While the injection itself was more painful than I recall of others (such as the annual flu shot), I've had no pain or soreness in my arm. Felt a bit body chilled today but nothing preventing me from acting on my day.

Count me one and done!

And I'm ecstatic about traveling to see my mum for Mother's Day next month.

:):):):):):):)

ETA: Follow up my post with link to adverse reactions experienced by others.

I believe knowledge is power and hope everybody takes precautions for their individual circumstances.

Jefferson County, Colorado moves to more restrictive COVID level | 9news.com

DENVER, Colorado — People with vaccine appointments were turned away from the mass vaccination site at Dick's Sporting Goods Park after some recipients of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine onsite had an adverse reaction, according to a spokesperson for Centura Health.

Of the more than 1,700 people who received vaccinations at the site Wednesday, Centura Health said 0.8% – or about 13 people – had an adverse reaction.

Officials said appointments were postponed for the rest of the day as a precaution as they investigate.

Last edited:
Every one of us is so lucky to live in a country which, despite all the divisions and bickering, the unbelief and disbelief in medical science, still has had scientists working literally around the clock to make effective experimental vaccines for us.

We are so lucky to have had our vaccines, or to have an appointment for vaccination.

Our world is not perfect, but I feel like we are so blessed to live in a time where millions haven't died, dropping beside us like the 1919 Influenza Pandemic.

I am thankful for the chance at a life without the oppressive worry we've known for the past year. I may always be " less than well" because of COVID-19, but I'm so glad to hopefully have years of living to do.

I personally thank God most of all for our vaccine and other treatments, and for the ones which will come at some point in the future as life and microbial life progresses and the microbes mutate again and again.
This is just my personal sense of gratitude for not dying, for praying to live and stay home, and for my prayers to be answered.

One year and one month since I contracted COVID.
Almowt all ot us have lost friends and some have lost dear relatives, and we grieve and miss them.

Live especially well for those who are gone. That's what I'm doing in my unimportant life. :)

Received my 2nd Moderna vaccine this morning.
Grateful and have no side effects as of tonight, have heard around the 24 hr Mark is when symptoms may hit but older women not as much, lack of estrogen?
Still plan on masking in indoor spaces for the duration

Got my 2nd Moderna vaccine on Tuesday morning. Arm is less sore than the first dose. Woke up with sort of a dull headache on Wednesday morning, but didn't feel miserable. Got myself to the gym.... by noon, it all hit. Feverish, chills, pounding headache, muscles and joints aching like I got hit by a train. Pretty miserable. Tylenol helped... and then by 8pm, it was all gone. So bizarre. Still a little fatigued, achy today, but functional and content to just take it easy and have a lazy day. I've been working in person since June, exposed to so many, and way past my comfort level, so I am sooooo relieved to have gotten this.

Glad to read all these post-vaccine reports! There's light at the end the tunnel, ladies! :cool:

Had my second Pfizer shot at 8am Wednesday. Worked a regular day without any symptoms. Didn't sleep too well last night, but that's an ongoing thing whenever DH is out of town as he is now. Woke up, came to work, and still haven't felt anything other than a very light twinge in my upper arm. Have Advil standing by, but haven't had to use any.

I had my first (Astra Zenaca, I'm in the UK) a couple of weeks ago. I'm 35. Second one booked for June. The day afterwards I had a horrible headache, fever, extreme fatigue. Lasted two days and then all done. I'm glad I had it done and glad that most of my family have now had their first ones too.

Felt very emotional going in to get it!

Very similar to your experience - am also in UK.

Actual jab experience on 1 April was brilliant, so efficient and kind at the same time. They gave me proactive advice to increase my blood glucose tests for a while (am diabetic) and what to do if any problems with it.
The next day I had flu symptoms - aches, chills, jelly legs, drenched in perspiration, and pounding head. Mostly for 2 days but the jelly legs was for about 4 days. No problems with blood glucose levels. No residual symptoms and am looking forward to follow-up in June.
My Dad had his second jab this week, via home visit by paramedic, and has had no ill-effects from either jab. I feel so grateful and emotional about the wonderful NHS and how they have looked after him so brilliantly. I can’t wait to be able to visit him.

Very similar to your experience - am also in UK.

Actual jab experience on 1 April was brilliant, so efficient and kind at the same time. They gave me proactive advice to increase my blood glucose tests for a while (am diabetic) and what to do if any problems with it.
The next day I had flu symptoms - aches, chills, jelly legs, drenched in perspiration, and pounding head. Mostly for 2 days but the jelly legs was for about 4 days. No problems with blood glucose levels. No residual symptoms and am looking forward to follow-up in June.
My Dad had his second jab this week, via home visit by paramedic, and has had no ill-effects from either jab. I feel so grateful and emotional about the wonderful NHS and how they have looked after him so brilliantly. I can’t wait to be able to visit him.

I had the first shot, Pfizer 2 weeks ago. I had same symptoms as you. I am in the over 50 compromised immune system. My 2nd shot is Tuesday. I feel I had Covid in Feb 2020 before testing. They gave me large doses of steroids and sent home after a day in the ER Feb 2020. I never felt so bad as when I had Covid.

About 36 hours since my J & J vaccine and no adverse reactions to report. Noteworthy to me is that I'm typically a light sleeper but slept longer both Tues & Weds night. Perhaps this can be attributed to a personal sense of relief -- if not my body having a natural reaction to Rx. Cheers!

Ive read in multiple places that Tylenol is okay for symptoms after the injection(not before). But no NSAIDS at all because they slow the inflammatory response we are supposed to be getting from the shot.

This is good to know! I put the Advil away and got out the Tylenol instead, just in case! I'm really surprised I haven't felt bad, not even a low-grade fever this time.

What are NSAIDS?

tia

A few different types of NSAIDs are available over the counter:
  • Aspirin (Bayer, Bufferin, Excedrin)
  • Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB)
  • Naproxen (Aleve)
The main types of NSAIDs include:
  • ibuprofen.
  • naproxen.
  • diclofenac.
  • celecoxib.
  • mefenamic acid.
  • etoricoxib.
  • indomethacin.
  • high-dose aspirin (low-dose aspirin is not normally considered to be an NSAID)
OTC Pain Relief: NSAIDs

A few different types of NSAIDs are available over the counter:
  • Aspirin (Bayer, Bufferin, Excedrin)
  • Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB)
  • Naproxen (Aleve)
The main types of NSAIDs include:
  • ibuprofen.
  • naproxen.
  • diclofenac.
  • celecoxib.
  • mefenamic acid.
  • etoricoxib.
  • indomethacin.
  • high-dose aspirin (low-dose aspirin is not normally considered to be an NSAID)
OTC Pain Relief: NSAIDs
Thanks!

jmo

Did anyone watch the nightly news with Lester Holt?
He talked about quite a few "breakthrough" virus infection cases that have occurred after people getting the vaccine. In North Carolina (or was it South?)- anyway, over 300 people had what is termed "breakthrough" Covid infection. Some of these cases occurred quite a bit after the vaccine had been given. He mentioned a couple other states where there were over 100 breakthrough Covid infections following the vaccine. I wonder if some of these people, after getting the vaccine, throw caution to the wind and start doing stupid things like going to crowded places and ditching their masks. It does make one wonder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288