Corruption? Contra Costa County

I have to agree with this...

One legal scholar told the Contra Costa Times that the DA's office should have stayed out of the investigation completely. "It should be run entirely by the attorney general, even if necessary with help by a DA from another county," said Robert Weisberg, director of the Stanford Criminal Justice Center. "And if you need any of the internal DA's to work on it, find ones who are as neutral as possible and under unbelievably strict rules. This just smells terrible. Why take the chance on this?"

What is it with these people always investigating themselves in this county! It's nice to see such a long article because there are so many crimes/cases where you can't even get any information, but have them fight amongst themselves and we are going to see every speck on that dirty laundry! :waitasec:

I apologize if this has been posted already, but it seems the Inspector General will be releasing Garrido's parole findings tomorrow, which will evidently include details about the parole officers' visits to the Garrido household. Should be interesting, to say the least!

http://www.ksbw.com/news/21513016/detail.html

they'll continue to blow smoke up our butts..
they already said there not embarrased and have praidsed garrido's current po for "saving the day'. they are gonna make themseles look great, trust me.

they'll continue to blow smoke up our butts..
they already said there not embarrased and have praidsed garrido's current po for "saving the day'. they are gonna make themseles look great, trust me.
They are not doing the report themselves. It is being done by a completely independent dept, the review is by the Inspector General. This is very inportant to understand, They will report the good, the bad and the ugly. They do it all the time, it is their function. Shaw does not have to be liked or popular.

ETA: be sure to take discussion over to the report thread so we do not have parallel conversations. thanks

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91128"]Parole Review Report To Be Released Today - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Although this is being discussed on this thread ...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91128"]Parole Review Report To Be Released Today - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I wanted to also not it here and copy the data over about the queries into Garrido by local law enforcement because of the claims that the Contra Costa Sheriff's Office did not know look up Garrido during the 2006 911 call incident. I would like to remind everyone that the officer responding at that time warned Garrido that the tents could be a code violation.

This is copied exactly from the Parole Report:

November 30, 2006 Garrido’s neighbor reports to local law enforcement several tents in Garrido’s yard with people living in them and that there are children present. The neighbor is concerned because Garrido has sexual addiction. No action taken by responding officers.

December 4, 2006 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

April 5, 2007 Garrido registers with local law enforcement as a sex offender.

August 23, 2007 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

March 5, 2008 Garrido calls the fire department to report an elderly person fell.

March 6, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

March 14, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

March 28, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

April 8, 2008 Garrido registers with local law enforcement as a sex offender.

April 8, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

April 14, 2008 Parole agent places GPS tracking device on Garrido.

May 21, 2008 Garrido calls the fire department regarding the health of an elderly female.

June 24, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

June 27, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

July 2, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

July 10, 2008 Sex offender task force executes search warrant at Garrido’s residence as part of a sweep of area registered sex offenders.

August 1, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

November 10, 2008 Local law enforcement queries Garrido in law enforcement database.

Note also, that on July 10, 2008, Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office was present.

I don't know where else to put this and I can't remember if I've posted this before.

Is the Antioch Mayor also a Deputy Sheriff for Rupf?

On the CCTimes forum...

"Believe it or not that your mayor is and has been a deputy sheriff for many years!!!"

The poster also says...

"Brian Kalinowski is nothing more than a little mold of Sheriff Warren Rupf. He has solved nothing for the good citizens of Antioch, AND DURING HIS TENURE AS A MEMBER OF THE ANTIOCH COUNCIL, CRIME HAS GROWN!"

I wanted to bring this here for discussion and future reference so we know where it is.

Your Turn: Editorial wrong about Rupf

By Thomas Portue
Guest commentary
Posted: 11/14/2009 12:01:00 AM PST

In response to the recent Times editorial "Bureaucratic dance," I encourage the citizens of Contra Costa County to consider the following. As should be expected, the Times presented an ardent criticism of the parole office as a result of last week's scathing report regarding the Jaycee Dugard matter in Antioch. And it is well deserved.
However, the editorial appears to praise Sheriff Warren Rupf's "stand up" as a magnanimous act and gesture of good will toward this community. In reality, it's nothing more than pure politicizing. Had the sheriff not performed his well-choreographed "stand up routine," the citizens of this community would have shot him down with an orchestrated artillery barrage. And he knows that.
The Times editorial is aiding and abetting in what is obviously an inept attempt to defer as much blame away from Sheriff Rupf as possible. Why is that, I'd like to know? Is that politics again, as opposed to the unadulterated truth.
As we deserve, the public is getting independent reviews of the parole board, the BART incident, the Bailey incident and the Richmond rape incident to name a few. As far as I know, there is no independent review being conducted regarding the sheriff's role or lack thereof in the Garrido/Dugard matter.
Our beleaguered Board of Supervisors has decided to rely solely on an internal affairs investigation conducted by the sheriff. Could anyone possibly be so naive as to believe that we will get the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the sheriff?
more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/opinion/ci_13781045

I don't know where else to put this and I can't remember if I've posted this before.

On the CCTimes forum...

"Believe it or not that your mayor is and has been a deputy sheriff for many years!!!"

The poster also says...

"Brian Kalinowski is nothing more than a little mold of Sheriff Warren Rupf. He has solved nothing for the good citizens of Antioch, AND DURING HIS TENURE AS A MEMBER OF THE ANTIOCH COUNCIL, CRIME HAS GROWN!"

I haven't found anything to confirm that Mayor Davis is or has been a Deputy Sherriff.

"CANDIDATE STATEMENT
CITY OF ANTIOCH, COUNCILMEMBER
My name is: James “Jim” D. Davis
My age is: 48
My occupation is: Antioch City Council Member
Education and Qualifications:
I have a unique record of achievement as a member of the Antioch City Council, which includes working in both the government and private sectors to improve our quality of life.
Reducing Crime. In this time of budget cutbacks and less money for police, Police Chief Moczulski and I initiated the Volunteers In Police Services (VIPS) Program here. Every year they provide approximately a half million dollars in personal contributions of time to support our local police...."

More

On the CCTimes forum...

The poster also says...

Brian Kalinowski seems to be making a strong bid for sheriff!! http://www.briankalinowski.org/

Mayor Davis information here: http://www.ci.antioch.ca.us/CityGov/bio-davis.htm

<snip>

It says this: Employed with Bank of the West since 1986.

Then under experience, it says:

Former Antioch Police Commissioner

Thank you m2s and Sunnie ... I think the poster might have made a mistake in wording, I'm going to see if I can found out about it. Some strange politics seem to be going on in vying for Rupf's position, I think.

Thank you m2s and Sunnie ... I think the poster might have made a mistake in wording, I'm going to see if I can found out about it. Some strange politics seem to be going on in vying for Rupf's position, I think.

No matter what else happens, I am fairly certain that Rupf will not be re-elected. ;-)

No matter what else happens, I am fairly certain that Rupf will not be re-elected. ;-)

thank god for large favors ;)

Although, I wonder if his announcing that so soon after the Garrido event kept him from getting as much criticsm - since people figure he'll be gone soon enough so what's the point?

Two men were arrested and set free in the murder of Lisa Norrell. They were arrested because of 3 tips (two of which appear to be from people connected to Duanne Shoemake). Shoemake and his wife, Linda Shoemake, were charged with molesting and covering up molesting of two young girls who were also related to him. Shoemake got off those charges by offering info on the two guys who were initially arrested. The Contra Costa County DA dropped the charges even though a judge said there was more than enough to try him and even added another charge. The two men arrested were let go the next day for lack of evidence. In 1999, the mother of the girls arrested then filed a civil suit. I could not find this in the CCC Superior court records under Duanne Shoemake's name, but then found it under his wife's name.

Sorry, this is long, but easier than trying to point others toward the info >>>

Case MSC99-02537 - Complaints/Parties

Complaint Number: 1
Complaint Type: COMPLAINT
Filing Date: 06/30/1999
Complaint Status: DISPOED
Party Number Party Type Party Name Attorney Party Status
1 PLAINTIFF JANE DOE COOK, LARRY E DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001
3 PLAINTIFF MARY ROE COOK, LARRY E DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001
5 DEFENDANT DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE CLANCY, PATRICK E. DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001
6 DEFENDANT LINDA SHOEMAKE CLANCY WEISINGER &ASSOCIATES DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001
HS LAW GROUP
7 TOT,EASE,SMART CHRIS P. LAVDIOTIS Pro Per REMOVED 02/07/2000
8 CLAIMANT - DEFENDANT STATE OF CALIFORNIA DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001
2 GUARDIAN AD LITEM KIM SHOEMAKE COOK, LARRY E DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001
4 GUARDIAN AD LITEM COLETTA BOATRIGHT COOK, LARRY E DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE 07/05/2001

Case MSC99-02537 - Actions

Viewed

Date

Action Text

Disposition

07/19/2001 9:00 AM DEPT. 07 HEARING ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO FILE DISMISSAL BY COURT VACATED
07/05/2001 REQUEST FILED & DISMISSAL ENTERED WITH PREJUDICE AS TO ENTIRE ACTION Not Applicable
07/05/2001 ENTIRE ACTION DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE Not Applicable
06/13/2001 9:00 AM DEPT. 07 HEARING ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO FILE DISMISSAL BY COURT CONTINUED
06/06/2001 ORDER GRANTING PLAINTIFFS PETITION FOR MINORS COMPROMISE FILED BY PLAINTIFF Not Applicable
06/05/2001 3:25 PM DEPT. 60 MINOR`S COMPROMISE HEARING GRANTED
05/09/2001 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL FILED RE: PLTFS PET FOR APPRVL OF MINORS COMPROMISE SRVD ON CHARLES R ROE/PATRICK E CLANCY ON 05/08/01 BY AT Not Applicable
05/07/2001 PETITION TO COMPROMISE MINOR`S CLAIM FILED BY JANE DOE, KIM SHOEMAKE, MARY ROE, COLETTA BOATRIGHT
05/07/2001 MINOR`S COMPROMISE HEARING WAS SET FOR 6/05/01 AT 15:25 IN DEPT. 60
04/27/2001 JURY FEES HELD IN TRUST FORFEITED Not Applicable
04/25/2001 9:00 AM DEPT. 07 HEARING ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO FILE DISMISSAL BY COURT CONTINUED
04/24/2001 JUDGMENT OF DISMISSAL W/CERT OF MAILING Not Applicable
04/20/2001 DECLARATION OF LARRY E. COOK IN RESPONSE TO ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE FILED. Not Applicable
04/04/2001 HEARING ON OSC WAS SET FOR 4/25/01 AT 9:00 IN DEPT. 07
03/30/2001 7:00 AM DEPT. 07 CHECK FOR DISMISSAL VACATED
02/20/2001 10:30 AM DEPT. 07 JURY TRIAL - LONG CAUSE/ 10 DAY(S) VACATED
02/15/2001 REFUND MISCELLANEOUS TRUST Not Applicable
02/14/2001 REQUEST FOR REFUND OF JURY FEES RECEIVED TIMELY FROM CASPER, MEADOWS & SCHWARTZ FORWARD TO ACCT Not Applicable
02/13/2001 4:30 PM DEPT. 07 ISSUE CONFERENCE VACATED
02/13/2001 PLACED ON CLERK`S CALENDAR FOR 3/30/01 AT 7:00 IN DEPT. 07
02/13/2001 STAGE AT DISPOSITION- CASE SETTLED BEFORE TRIAL Not Applicable
02/13/2001 CASE DISPOSITIONED - SETTLED AT MEDIATION PER PHONE CALL FROM COUNSEL Not Applicable
02/05/2001 4:30 PM DEPT. 07 ISSUE CONFERENCE CONTINUED
01/30/2001 ADMISSIONS OF PRIOR MOLESTATIONS OF ALLEGED VICTIMS ON THE ISSUE OF DAMAGES Not Applicable
01/30/2001 3:30 PM DEPT. 60 HEARING ON MOTION TO/FOR COMPEL PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS FILED BY JANE DOE GRANTED
01/30/2001 8:30 AM DEPT. 07 HEARING ON MOTION TO/FOR SEPARATE TRIALS OF PLAINTIFFS FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE DENIED
01/30/2001 8:30 AM DEPT. 07 HEARING ON MOTION TO/FOR BIFURCATE LIABILITY AND DAMAGES FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE GRANTED
01/29/2001 ISSUE CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY ATTORNEY FOR JANE DOE, KIM SHOEMAKE, MARY ROE, COLETTA BOATRIGHT Not Applicable
01/29/2001 ISSUE CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY ATTORNEY FOR DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
01/26/2001 7:00 AM DEPT. FEE (TICKLER) JURY FEE DEPOSIT OF $150 DUE VACATED
01/25/2001 REPLY OF LINDA SHOEMAKE TO OPPO TO MTN TO BIFURCATE TRIAL-LIABILITY&DAMAGES FILED Not Applicable
01/25/2001 REPLY OF LINDA SHOEMAKE TO MOTION FOR SEPARATE TRIALS OF PLAINTIFFS FILED Not Applicable
01/25/2001 DECLARATION OF CHARLES R. ROE FILED RE: IN SUPPORT OF REPLY TO OPPO TO MOTION FOR SEPARATE TRIALS Not Applicable
01/25/2001 JOINDER BY DUANNE DEE SHOEMAKE IN LINDA SHOEMAKES MOTION IN LIMINIE Not Applicable
01/25/2001 SUPPLEMENT TO LINDA SHOEMAKES MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE ALLEGED MOLESTATIONS BY DUANNE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
01/25/2001 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE RE: EXCLUDE EXPERT WITNESSES OPINION THAT PLTF IS VICTIM OF MOLESTATION Not Applicable
01/25/2001 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE RE: POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION REQUEST Not Applicable
01/19/2001 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL FILED RE: STIP & ORDER RE:pRODUCTION OF FINANCIAL DOCS TO: CHARLES R. ROE & PATRICK E CLANCY ON: 1/18/01 Not Applicable
01/18/2001 STIPULATION & ORDER TO/FOR PRODUCTION OF FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FILED Not Applicable
01/17/2001 DECLARATION OF SHANNON M BOWERS FILED RE: PROOF OF SERVICE OF MOTION TO COMPEL FINANCIAL DISCOVERY RESPONSES AND REQUEST FOR Not Applicable
01/17/2001 OPPOSITION TO DEFT LINDA SHOEMAKES MOT TO BIFURCATE THE TRIAL FILED BY PLTFS. Not Applicable
01/17/2001 OPPOSITION TO DEFT LINDA SHOEMAKES MOT FOR SEPARATE TRIALS FILED BY PLTFS. Not Applicable
01/16/2001 3:30 PM DEPT. 60 HEARING ON MOTION TO/FOR COMPEL PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS FILED BY JANE DOE CONTINUED
12/26/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY PERSONAL DELIVERY OF NOT OF MTN & MTN FOR SEP TRIALS OF PLAINTIFFS ON SEE SERVICE LIST FILED; SERVED ON 12/21/00 Not Applicable
12/26/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY PERSONAL DELIVERY OF NOT OF FIRM NAME CHANGE ON SEE SERVICE LIST FILED; SERVED ON 12/21/00 Not Applicable
12/26/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY PERSONAL DELIVERY OF NOT OF MOT & MOT TO BIFURCATE LIABILITY & DAMAGES ON SEE SERVICE LIST FILED; SERVED ON 12/21/00 Not Applicable
12/21/2000 HEARING ON MOTION WAS SET FOR 1/30/01 AT 8:30 IN DEPT. 07
12/21/2000 MOTION TO/FOR BIFURCATE LIABILITY AND DAMAGES FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE
12/21/2000 HEARING ON MOTION WAS SET FOR 1/30/01 AT 8:30 IN DEPT. 07
12/21/2000 MOTION TO/FOR SEPARATE TRIAL OF PLAINTIFFS FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE
12/21/2000 EX-PARTE APPLICATION FOR ORDER SHORTENING TIME FOR HEARING ON MOTION FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE
12/21/2000 NOTICE OF CHANGE OF ATTORNEY FIRM NAME FOR ATTORNEY ERROR FOUND AT FUNCTION EXPAND_A
ERROR NUMBER: 3021
ERROR DESCRIPTION: EITHER BOF OR EOF IS TRUE, OR THE CURRENT RECORD HAS BEEN DELETED. REQUESTED OPERATION REQUIRES A CURRENT RECORD..
SQL = SELECT MCATFIRNAM, MCATMIDNAM, MCATLSTNAM, BUSINESS_IND AS BUSINESS_INDICATOR , MCATFIRMCOD, MCATATTYCOD FROM ICMSMCAT WHERE MCATCRTCOD = 'A' AND MCATFIRMCOD = 'CRR6' FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE CHANGING FIRM NAME TO HS LAW GROUP Not Applicable
12/21/2000 PROPOSED ORDER INCLUDED Not Applicable
12/21/2000 DECLARATION OF CHARLES R. ROE FILED RE: IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO BIFURCATE TRIAL ON ISSUES OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES Not Applicable
12/21/2000 MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO BIFURCATE TRIAL ON LIABILITY AND DAMAGES Not Applicable
12/21/2000 DECLARATION OF CHARLES R. ROE FILED RE: IN SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR SEPARATE TRIALS OF PLAINTIFFS Not Applicable
12/21/2000 PROPOSED ORDER INCLUDED Not Applicable
12/21/2000 MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE IN SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR SEPARATE TRIALS OF PLAINTIFFS Not Applicable
12/21/2000 ORDER SHORTENING TIME FOR HEARING ON MOTIONS FILED. Not Applicable
12/21/2000 DECLARATION OF MAUREEN E. MCFADDEN FILED RE: ISO EX PARTE APPLICATION FOR ORDER SHORTENING TIME Not Applicable
12/11/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL FILED RE: AFOREMENTIONED DOCUMENTS Not Applicable
12/11/2000 DECLARATION OF LARRY E COOK FILED RE: IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO COMPEL PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS Not Applicable
12/11/2000 STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF MOTION TO COMPEL PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS FILED Not Applicable
12/11/2000 NOTICE OF/TO MOTION TO COMPEL FILED ON BEHALF OF JANE DOE Not Applicable
12/11/2000 HEARING ON MOTION WAS SET FOR 1/16/01 AT 15:30 IN DEPT. 60
12/11/2000 MOTION TO/FOR COMPEL FILED BY JANE DOE
10/10/2000 (U.J.) ANSWER TO 2ND AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
09/29/2000 (U.J.) ANSWER TO 2ND AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE FILED BY DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
08/30/2000 (U.J.) 2ND AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE FILED Not Applicable
08/03/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF ORDER ON CHARLES ROE FILED; SERVED ON 08/01/00 Not Applicable
07/24/2000 ORDER RE TRIAL DATE CONT TO 2-20-01, ISSUE CONF CONT TO 2-5-01 Not Applicable
06/21/2000 NOTICE OF/TO OF AMENDED LIEN/FILED 2-25-00 FILED ON BEHALF OF STATE OF CALIFORNIA Not Applicable
06/19/2000 JURY TRIAL WAS SET FOR 2/20/01 AT 10:30 IN DEPT. 07
06/19/2000 JURY FEES DUE HAS BEEN SET FOR 1/26/01 AT 7:00 IN DEPT. FEE
06/19/2000 HEARING ON ISSUE CONFERENCE WAS SET FOR 2/05/01 AT 16:30 IN DEPT. 07
06/19/2000 9:00 AM DEPT. 07 JURY TRIAL - LONG CAUSE/ 10 DAY(S) CONTINUED
06/15/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY U.S. MAIL OF ORDER REGARDING MTN TO COMPEL FURTHER QUESTIONS ON CHARLES ROE FILED; SERVED ON 06/14/00 Not Applicable
06/14/2000 4:30 PM DEPT. 07 ISSUE CONFERENCE HEARING COMPLETED
06/14/2000 PLTS OPPOS TO LINDA SHOEMAKES MOTION IN LIMINE TO LIMIT EXPERT TESTIMONY TO DAMAGE ISSUES Not Applicable
06/14/2000 PLTS OPPOS TO LINDA SHOEMAKES MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE RE ALLEGED MOLESTATIONS Not Applicable
06/14/2000 PLTS OPPOSITION TO LINDA SHOEMAKES MOTION IN LIMINE TO BIFURCATE TRIAL FILED Not Applicable
06/14/2000 PLTS OPPOSITION TO LINDA SHOEMAKES MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE RE INCIDENT IN CAR Not Applicable
06/14/2000 PLTS OPPOS TO LINDA SHOEMAKES MIL TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE RE CRIMINAL CHARGES FILED Not Applicable
06/13/2000 ISSUE CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY ATTORNEY FOR DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
06/12/2000 ORDER RE MTN TO COMPEL FURTHER QUESTIONS AT DEPO - DENIED Not Applicable
06/08/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE CONCERNING ALLEGED MOLESTATION OF NON-PARATIES BY DEF DUANNE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
06/08/2000 ISSUE CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY ATTORNEY FOR JANE DOE, KIM SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO EXCLUDE WITNESSES FROM THE COURTROOM Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO EXCLUDE REFERENCE TO LIABILITY INSURANCE Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO LIMIT TESTIMONY OF EXPERTS TO DAMAGES Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO EXCLUDE OPINION TESTIMONY RE:pS VERACITY CONCERNING THE ALLEGED MOLESTATIONS Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO BIFURCATE THE TRIAL OF THE ISSUES OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE CONCERNING CRIMINAL CHARGES FILED AGAINST DUANNE SHOEMAKE & RELATED DISMISS Not Applicable
06/07/2000 MOTION IN LIMINE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE RE: TO EXCLUDE EVIDENCE CONCERNING INCIDENT IN CAR INVOLVING PLNTF ROE & LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
06/07/2000 ISSUE CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY ATTORNEY FOR LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
06/05/2000 OBJECTION TO DEMAND FOR ASSET DISCLOSURE FILED BY DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
06/01/2000 8:00 AM DEPT. EASE EASE VAC-TO PRIVATE MED- NO TIME- C.LAVDIOTIS-6/1/00-D7 COMPLETED
05/30/2000 9:00 AM DEPT. 38 HEARING ON MOTION TO/FOR COMPEL ANS TO DEPO QUESTIONS, ETC FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE DENIED
05/26/2000 REPLY OF LINDA SHOEMAKE TO DEFTS MTN TO COMPEL FURTHER QUESTIONS AT DEPO FILED Not Applicable
05/25/2000 7:00 AM DEPT. FEE (TICKLER) JURY FEE DEPOSIT OF $150 DUE OFF-CALENDAR
05/19/2000 OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO/FOR COMPEL FILED BY JANE DOE, KIM SHOEMAKE, MARY ROE, COLETTA BOATRIGHT Not Applicable
05/15/2000 JURY FEES POSTED BY LARRY E.COOK ON BEHALF OF JANE DOE, KIM SHOEMAKE, MARY ROE, COLETTA BOATRIGHT Not Applicable
05/15/2000 RECEIPT FOR JURY FEES POSTED Not Applicable
05/15/2000 JURY FEES POSTED BY CHARLES R.ROE ON BEHALF OF LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
05/15/2000 RECEIPT FOR JURY FEES POSTED Not Applicable
05/11/2000 JURY FEE DEPOSIT(PS-JANE DOE) Not Applicable
05/08/2000 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF MTN/ORDER TO COMPEL PS/ANSWER QUESTIONS AT DEPO ON COOK FILED; SERVED ON 05/04/00 Not Applicable
04/28/2000 DECLARATION OF DR ROGER L FREED, M.D. FILED RE: Not Applicable
04/28/2000 DECLARATION OF LINDA SHOEMAKE FILED RE: Not Applicable
04/28/2000 RULE 335 SEPARATE STATEMENT OF DEPO QUESTIONS & AN Not Applicable
04/28/2000 DECLARATION OF CHARLES R ROE FILED RE: SUPT OF MTN TO COMPEL Not Applicable
04/28/2000 POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT OF MTN TO COMPEL ANS TO QUESTIONS AT DEPO FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
04/28/2000 HEARING ON MOTION WAS SET FOR 5/30/00 AT 9:00 IN DEPT. 38
04/28/2000 MOTION TO/FOR ORDER TO COMPEL ANS TO DEPO QUESTIONS, ETC FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE
04/14/2000 LEAVE TO FILE CROSS COMPLAINT FILED. TO BE FILED IN 10 DAYS
02/25/2000 STATE OF CALIFORNIA IS EXEMPT FROM FILING FEES. Not Applicable
02/25/2000 (U.J.)NOTICE OF LIEN CLAIMANT FILED BY STATE OF CALIFORNIA; REQUEST FOR NOTICE OF ALL COURT PROCEEDINGS TO BE SENT TO LIEN CLAIMANT Not Applicable
02/17/2000 5IC13 CALENDARED ON 06/14/00 IN DEPT. 13. HAS BEEN UPDATED TO 06/14/00 IN DEPT. 07. Not Applicable
02/17/2000 5JT13 CALENDARED ON 06/19/00 IN DEPT. 13. HAS BEEN UPDATED TO 06/19/00 IN DEPT. 07. Not Applicable
02/16/2000 DEFAULT DEPARTMENT WAS CHANGED FROM 13 TO 07 Not Applicable
02/04/2000 CHRIS P. LAVDIOTIS IS APPOINTED AS EASE MEDIATOR Not Applicable
01/20/2000 9:00 AM DEPT. 13 HEARING ON STATUS REVIEW RE: NON-APPEARANCE CHECK FOR LETTER RE: PVT MEDIATOR COMPLETED
01/18/2000 CLERK`S CERTIFICATE OF MAILING OF MINUTE ORDER REFERRING CASE TO EASE SENT TO ALL ACTIVE AND DISPO`D PARTIES. Not Applicable
12/20/1999 JURY TRIAL WAS SET FOR 6/19/00 AT 9:00 IN DEPT. 13
12/20/1999 JURY FEES DUE HAS BEEN SET FOR 5/25/00 AT 7:00 IN DEPT. FEE
12/20/1999 HEARING ON ISSUE CONFERENCE WAS SET FOR 6/14/00 AT 16:30 IN DEPT. 13
12/20/1999 8:30 AM DEPT. 13 FURTHER STATUS CONFERENCE HEARING COMPLETED
12/13/1999 PROOF OF SERVICE BY MAIL OF ASSOC OF ATTYS ON COIOK;HOLLINRAKE FILED; SERVED ON 12/09/99 Not Applicable
12/10/1999 STATUS CONFERENCE QUESTIONNAIRE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
12/10/1999 JURY TRIAL REQUESTED, TIME ESTIMATE: 10 DAYS Not Applicable
11/29/1999 ASSOCIATION OF ATTORNEYS FILED ON THE 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE ON BEHALF OF LINDA SHOEMAKE NAMING CLANCY WEISINGER &ASSOCIATES AS CO-COUNSEL Not Applicable
11/22/1999 SUBSTITUTION OF ATTORNEY FILED. PATRICK E. CLANCY SUBSTITUTES OUT AS ATTORNEY FOR LINDA SHOEMAKE AND IS REPLACED BY HS LAW GROUP Not Applicable
11/17/1999 8:30 AM DEPT. 13 FIRST STATUS CONFERENCE HEARING COMPLETED
11/12/1999 JURY TRIAL REQUESTED, TIME ESTIMATE: 10-14 DAYS Not Applicable
11/12/1999 STATUS CONFERENCE QUESTIONNAIRE FILED BY JANE DOE, MARY ROE Not Applicable
11/10/1999 STATUS CONFERENCE QUESTIONNAIRE FILED BY DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
11/10/1999 JURY TRIAL REQUESTED, TIME ESTIMATE: 5 DAYS Not Applicable
10/25/1999 9:00 AM DEPT. 13 HRG ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO REQUEST ENTRY OF DEFAULT VACATED
09/29/1999 9:00 AM DEPT. 13 HRG ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO FILE PROOF OF SERVICE VACATED
08/18/1999 (U.J.) ANSWER TO 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE FILED BY LINDA SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
08/18/1999 DEFENDANT/CROSS-DEFENDANT ANSWERED AS JANE DOE Not Applicable
08/18/1999 (U.J.) ANSWER TO 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE FILED BY DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE Not Applicable
08/11/1999 HEARING ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO FILE REQUEST FOR ENTRY OF DEFAULT WAS SET FOR 10/25/99 AT 9:00 IN DEPT. 13
08/11/1999 NOTICE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT FILED ON 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE AS TO DEFT DUANE DEE SHOEMAKE WITH SIGNATURE DATE OF 07/26/99 Not Applicable
08/11/1999 NOTICE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT FILED ON 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE AS TO DEFT LINDA SHOEMAKE WITH SIGNATURE DATE OF 07/26/99 Not Applicable
07/12/1999 (U.J.) 1ST AMENDED COMPLAINT OF JANE DOE FILED Not Applicable
07/12/1999 PETITION TO APPOINT GUARDIAN AD LITEM FILED FOR MINOR JANE DOE Not Applicable
07/12/1999 ORDER APPOINTING KIM SHOEMAKE GUARDIAN AD LITEM FOR MINOR JANE DOE FILED Not Applicable
07/12/1999 PETITION TO APPOINT GUARDIAN AD LITEM FILED FOR MINOR MARY ROE Not Applicable
07/12/1999 ORDER APPOINTING COLETTA BOATRIGHT GUARDIAN AD LITEM FOR MINOR MARY ROE FILED Not Applicable
06/30/1999 SUMMONS NOT ISSUED-NO GUARD.AD LITEM Not Applicable
06/30/1999 CASE ENTRY COMPLETE Not Applicable
06/30/1999 COLOR OF FILE IS BLUE Not Applicable
06/30/1999 HEARING ON STATUS CONFERENCE WAS SET FOR 11/17/99 AT 8:30 IN DEPT. 13
06/30/1999 HEARING ON OSC RE: FAILURE TO FILE PROOF OF SERVICE WAS SET FOR 9/29/99 AT 9:00 IN DEPT. 13
06/30/1999 COMPLAINT FILED. SUMMONS IS ISSUED Not Applicable
06/30/1999 CASE HAS BEEN ASSIGNED TO DEPT. 13

Case MSC99-02537

http://www.cc-courts.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=1761&parentID=1749&nodeID=3

sickening.
i mean the level of corruption here seems to be thru theroof........the judge says you have enough to prosecute and you drop the charges anyways?
that dog don't hunt

I think it's very sad this mother got no help from the DA on prosecuting Shoemake and then had to go through two years worth of trial on the civil suit - I salute her for having the courage and tenacity to do that. I'm just sorry her and those girls didn't really get justice.

How did the prosecutor get away with this? A travesty and who knows, if Shoemake is a pedophile, were others hurt by him?

the other thing I was reading at the Berkeley Journalism site was that Lisa Norrell did a lot of babysitting in the summer before she was murdered (Summer of 1998). I'm not sure if that is any connection to anything, just possibly.

Unfortunately, most of the records on Lis Norrell's case remain sealed or heavily redacted. The Berkeley site ...

According to the coroner's report, which the police heavily censored for investigative purposes, Lisa died of asphyxia (See RECORDS). Because of the censoring of certain details of the report, it is not clear whether she died of suffocation or strangulation. She had cuts and bruises on her chin and neck, and some blood and body fluids had been found on her sweatshirt. Police would not comment on whether Lisa had been sexually assaulted.

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/lisa/case.html

I do hope they have saved this evidence as it might contain the DNA of the killer. I'm sure, if so, they will check to see if it matches Garrido. If not, then we know they have that evidence.

I think it's very sad this mother got no help from the DA on prosecuting Shoemake and then had to go through two years worth of trial on the civil suit - I salute her for having the courage and tenacity to do that. I'm just sorry her and those girls didn't really get justice.

How did the prosecutor get away with this? A travesty and who knows, if Shoemake is a pedophile, were others hurt by him?

the other thing I was reading at the Berkeley Journalism site was that Lisa Norrell did a lot of babysitting in the summer before she was murdered (Summer of 1998). I'm not sure if that is any connection to anything, just possibly.

ive said this before, in regards to the parole officers, but how much can LE Just turn a blind eye to everything going on, before people call it what it is.......corruption, not incompetence.
i dont know if the ada was bribed, was a secret friend of the accused, was involved in some criminal activity of his own that left him open to blackmail......it just seems incredibly stupid to have been told by a judge you can prosecute and then refuse to do so.

Yeah, I don't think stupid though, others have questioned that it was because he was the Fire Chief. I think it's horrible that he was probably protected while those girls were not and he was a deacon at his church at the time. Not long after, he retired - with a very large yearly retirement sum.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back